Survey for the Order, Part 1  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What's your pledge, member?

• $8 - $57
    • $57 - $117
    • $118 - $257
    • $258 - $999
    • $1000 - $10,000
    • I don't want to make my pledge public.
  2. 2. What would you like to see if the Order gets a cameo in PE?

• being mentioned in legends, dialoges or books (lore)
    • as an enemy encounter group (like the 5k tier)
    • as a bunch of drunken fools in an inn
    • as a whole faction with quests and dialogues
    • I don't care but it should be humorous/funny!
    • something else (please comment in the thread)
    • I don't want to see the Order in PE at all!
    • I don't care.
  3. 3. What's your opinion on merchandise for the Order (for reasonable prices)?

• I would like to have an Obsidian Order T-shirt!
    • No only t-shirts, but also.... (please comment in the thread)
    • T-shirts are boring, but I would like to have.... (please comment in the thread)
    • No, I have no interest in merchandise.
    • I don't care.

Still waiting for Obsidian to offer up for sale those coffee mugs I suggested a number of years ago ;)

Barring that, I really need a new mouse mat.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I voted for two things, though the lore option is my favorite of the two. As for merchandise, I personally don't want anything seeing as I joined because I thought it was an awesome idea.

(Also, if my title doesn't show up, I did join. Third topic, page 26 for the curious.)

It'd be cool to have the order appear in background lore and stuff, I voted for there to be quests around them too though since a quest revolving around the order could be a neat way of getting a player's attention to the particular lore rather than scrounging through libraries or bookstores.

I think being part of the setting/lore would be great, but not sure if I would aim for quest related material. Put an Order building/fortress/monastery/mansion somewhere and call it a day for starters. If they need plot or story hooks some day, they can always return to it and expand on the idea.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It'd be cool to have the order appear in background lore and stuff, I voted for there to be quests around them too though since a quest revolving around the order could be a neat way of getting a player's attention to the particular lore rather than scrounging through libraries or bookstores.

I think being part of the setting/lore would be great, but not sure if I would aim for quest related material. Put an Order building/fortress/monastery/mansion somewhere and call it a day for starters. If they need plot or story hooks some day, they can always return to it and expand on the idea.

"Return and expand", sounds like material for the expansion pack.

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

Maybe quests related to uncovering the lore behind the Order? "I have been researching a long lost order: The Obsidian Order. I need your help in uncovering the mystery behind this order, and how it vanished." Then it goes into tracking down little pieces and putting together the clues to what happened. Maybe not in the first game, but maybe in the expansion.

As for me, I wouldn't mind anything, but a mention in the game (through lore or other means) would be appreciated, but not necessary. Just donating for the cause is enough.

(I did vote, and I have signed up to join after donating the $8. Just waiting for the tag.)

Edited by StromIV

Don't want any merchandise. But perhaps an Obsidian Order only in game item would be sweet. Something like "Sigil ring of the Obsidian Order".

But really I'm happy with just having a great game and knowing I helped!

Edited by Bjenn

I'm not sure that my OO title has been granted yet (guess I'll find out when I post) but anyhoo:

I don't think that it's practical for the devs to do anything more than put a mention of the order in the lore. A complete faction would be very cool, but completely unnecessary work for them and, although we're up to about 500, that's still a very small number of players to cater for, especially since the entire funds raised by the order is only going to amount to a tiny percentage of the total budget.

I think that the vanity forum titles are quite enough for the $8. Any little easter egg that gets added to the game is a pure bonus.