Survey for the Order, Part 1  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What's your pledge, member?

• $8 - $57
    • $57 - $117
    • $118 - $257
    • $258 - $999
    • $1000 - $10,000
    • I don't want to make my pledge public.
  2. 2. What would you like to see if the Order gets a cameo in PE?

• being mentioned in legends, dialoges or books (lore)
    • as an enemy encounter group (like the 5k tier)
    • as a bunch of drunken fools in an inn
    • as a whole faction with quests and dialogues
    • I don't care but it should be humorous/funny!
    • something else (please comment in the thread)
    • I don't want to see the Order in PE at all!
    • I don't care.
  3. 3. What's your opinion on merchandise for the Order (for reasonable prices)?

• I would like to have an Obsidian Order T-shirt!
    • No only t-shirts, but also.... (please comment in the thread)
    • T-shirts are boring, but I would like to have.... (please comment in the thread)
    • No, I have no interest in merchandise.
    • I don't care.

Voted.

If Obsidian does add us to the game (I voted I don't care), I say let them add it how thery see fit. Hopefully it will fit in the setting just fine (and not as a LOL OMG INSIDE JOKE).

I have no interest in merchandise.

Edited by Jaesun

I think if there was mention of the order in the lore with a little write up that would be neat (in a book etc)

In regards to Swag, I think forum titles/badges are good enough

~Seattle Supersonic of the Obsidian Order~

Chris Hansen is the Savior of Seattle

Title of a book ingame?:

Who Could Forget the Royal Pain?

YES! :D

an excerpt:

The Royal Pain, went running, running along the plain.

Setting fires to fields, and signing of maidens freshly tilled.

Proclaiming his infinite love of an Order, that had no border.

Obsidian! Obsidian! Alas, so much better then Bethsidain (or something).

An Order so unpedantic, its membership united, ecstatic, even fanatic.

The Royal Pain with his pipe, played, played with a delightful hype.

And was so outta tune, that lords payed him to not resume.

Yet, they could not kill him for he was a member; who joined in September.

Joined the Order for life, a $8 protection fee against his many plights.

The Order gives his mouth courage, and his loins a certain extra "storage."

He brings delight, as a plague brings blight.

It is now plain, none could forget that Royal Pain.

Thank you, thank you, brothers and sisters of the noble and true Obsidian Order.

The Obsidian Orders Royal Pain

"Ouch"

I thought it was an interesting way to increase the amount of money pledged to the cause, and wasn't interested in any reward. When the custom titles came along, I thought sure, why not. Mentioning the order in the game is beyond awesome. I think we've got enough.

Edited by O.DOGG

Peace... piece... of mind

I don't really care about merchandise but I would love some kind of in-game order cameo....not necessarily active NPCs with quests or dialogue but lore and/or perhaps some passive NPCs or such. By no means do I mean this to sound like a request or anything, I'd be perfectly fine if they didn't but it's just something I think would be fun to see.

1zq6793.jpg

I don't expect or need anything in return, it's a gift of support. I don't care about merchandise.

However, if Obsidian are considering some sort of in game cameo to show their appreciation (which I have to say would be pretty damn awesome), I'd prefer some sort of subtly done humorous easter egg. Hearing about the 'Obsidian Order' could be quite immersion breaking if not done tactfully.

I'm imagining something like the 'hidden' graveyard in Haven (Dragon Age), whereby all the members names could be listed if you click on the graves. Though I guess doing something like this might not work for hundreds of members. Maybe you could come across a bunch of statues/sculptures in some forgotten temple. As you progress through the temple/dungeon/whatever you discover more of these sculptures and clicking on each of them reveals a bunch of names and reveals more lore about the Order, thus telling a humorous, tongue in cheek story about the order and mentioning everybody by their order title. That could be a really nice personal touch. I'd sure get a kick out of seeing my order name in an easter egg. The only problem I can see with this is that some people may have donated extra without wanting or choosing a title. Maybe a reference to the 'unnamed ones' whose secret work was so integral to the order?

Anywho, lots of possibilities. Just my two cents.

^ Where else would we post? I would have thought this falls under the category of 'general discussion', and we have been discussing potential game content. Is the issue for you that the Obsidian Order is taking up too much space in the first page of threads? Granted, I did revive a dormant thread, but I thought it ok to express my thoughts in the relevant thread regardless. Maybe this topic could be merged with the main 'the order wants you' thread if people do want to continue discussing it. Anyway, I wouldn't worry. The thread will fall back if no one's interested in it. I just wanted to share my idea.

Not trying to be mean, but I think the inclusion of it in game is enough. The whole concept already punishes those of us who pledged as high as we could on Day 1, and apparently I'm pledged higher than a good portion of those who've joined. So, to be honest, this is really becoming a little bit offensive to those of us who gave generously IMO. (No, I didn't vote, I'm not that rude!)

Not trying to be mean, but I think the inclusion of it in game is enough. The whole concept already punishes those of us who pledged as high as we could on Day 1, and apparently I'm pledged higher than a good portion of those who've joined. So, to be honest, this is really becoming a little bit offensive to those of us who gave generously IMO. (No, I didn't vote, I'm not that rude!)

You make a good point. I guess I wasn't thinking that $8 was out of anyone's reach (I myself don't have much money), but of course every dollar can matter. I humbly withdraw my previous suggestion. This kickstarter is first and foremost about the love of cRPGs, of Project Eternity, and we should all feel proud and excited to be part of helping such a great thing happen, regardless of our means.

P.S. I voted for "I don't want to make my pledge public'. I hear what you're saying.

Edited by Robsidious

• 2 weeks later...

I've pledged as far as I reasonably can, as I suspect many if not most of us have, purely because this is the kind of game that doesn't get made any more, and I'd really love for Obsidian to prove a point to publishers that they've missed out on a great niche market for many years.

Personally I really hope they don't waste any of the extra money raised via the order on merchandise - the reason I joined was to give a little extra and hopefully help encourage others to, purely for the sake of extra cash for a better game experience.

If they include any reference to the order (and they by no means should feel obliged, that wasn't the purpose of creating the order so far as I know) then I'd like to see us as a bunch of drunken buffoons telling very tall tales of impossible feats, and the tales keep getting ridiculously taller every time they're interacted with.

It'd be cool to have the order appear in background lore and stuff, I voted for there to be quests around them too though since a quest revolving around the order could be a neat way of getting a player's attention to the particular lore rather than scrounging through libraries or bookstores.

As for merch, I was just thinking a pin with the order logo (is there even one yet?) would go well with the PE/Obsidian shirts, just an idle thought though not an actual expectation.