Survey for the Order, Part 1  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What's your pledge, member?

• $8 - $57
    • $57 - $117
    • $118 - $257
    • $258 - $999
    • $1000 - $10,000
    • I don't want to make my pledge public.
  2. 2. What would you like to see if the Order gets a cameo in PE?

• being mentioned in legends, dialoges or books (lore)
    • as an enemy encounter group (like the 5k tier)
    • as a bunch of drunken fools in an inn
    • as a whole faction with quests and dialogues
    • I don't care but it should be humorous/funny!
    • something else (please comment in the thread)
    • I don't want to see the Order in PE at all!
    • I don't care.
  3. 3. What's your opinion on merchandise for the Order (for reasonable prices)?

• I would like to have an Obsidian Order T-shirt!
    • No only t-shirts, but also.... (please comment in the thread)
    • T-shirts are boring, but I would like to have.... (please comment in the thread)
    • No, I have no interest in merchandise.
    • I don't care.

Please notice: this thread and the polls are designed only for members of the Obsidian Order of Eternity, so please don't vote if you're not a member!

If you're not a member yet feel free to join us for the small membership fee of $8 which you have to add to you current kickstarter pledge. Then you can choose a title like "..... of the Obisidian Order" and introduce yourself in our Obsidian Order thread: http://forums.obsidi...nts-you-part-2/

Dear brothers and sisters of the Obsidian Order of Eternity!

At the time I write this post our order counts already more than 200 members which is more than we have ever dreamt of at the time this order was initiated. Thank you all for joining us and contributing to our cause to support Obsidian in any way possible to make Project Eternity the best classical RPG ever!

With the growing size of the Order I thought that the time has come to ask you about your opinion on various questions concerning the Obsidian Order. So I started this thread to give you - the members of the Obsidian order - the possibility to voice your feelings and opinions. Please vote in the polls and write additional remarks in the posts of this thread. Thank you.

There are more questions in the second part of the survey: http://forums.obsidi...y-polls-part-2/

Hail to the Order! :sorcerer:

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

As have no interest in recieving merchandise for my $8. That was given as a free gift with no expectations of any kind. The fact that OE recognized the Order and has given it at least semi official status I think is great.

• Like 3

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I, too, didn't contribute with the expectation of any merchandise or other reward (although if merchandise was made available I'd expect that to be for extra revenue).

I'd really love to see reference to the Order within the game. Although I voted for the 'whole faction' option (amongst others) I doubt this is likely ... but it would be great to come across the Order at points within the game, whether as Lore or background NPCs, or some sort of helpful encounter (rather than a combative one).

Merchandise might be a bit too much. Unless part of the money went to OE perhaps? Though I don't see them raising enough to make a difference.

As for the in-game references; I would prefer something humourus or a really obscure faction, from what I see as plausible.

Thouth to tell the truth, I would like for the Order to be kind of like the chessmasters behind some/all key events :fdevil: . Possibly through many games :-

Merchandise might be a bit too much. Unless part of the money went to OE perhaps? Though I don't see them raising enough to make a difference.

I actually "stole" the idea with the shirts from the "Order of the Goat" from the Broken Sword kickstarter. Not for free but you could buy it for a reasonable price (as add-on on kickstarter or after that in an online-store). ;)

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

The Order being recognised by Obsidian is already more than I could imagine. So I'm fine with anything they decide to do about it further.

But, as far as my opinion goes, a reference in the lore would be great. :)

Edited by Pangur
obsidian-shield.jpg

I OOoE makes cameo role in game. I would like it be a friendly adventure company encounter instead of hostile one. Like Dritzz and his merry companions in BG2. So they don't necessary want kill you on sight and in some rare case they might even help you to kill a bunny. You of course can kill them because they carry nearly best loot in game (like Dritzz and his friends) :).

Edited by Elerond

I am happy to support Obsidian in this, not expecting anything but whatever my pledge level offers. Their generous mentions of the Order are already a great gift (which helps them even more in the end :) ) It is nice to have a company recognize fans and supporters in this way.

If the Order were to do anything in regards to purchasable Swag, (which is what I think LordCrash is getting at) I think things like t-shirts, mouse pads, pins, maybe coffee mugs or can coolers (who doesn't like a tasty beverage when playing video games, am i right?) would all be the kind of things I think should be offered. It always helps to get an idea of what kind of demand there would be before putting the money down to have them made.

• Like 1
Gensou_Banner.jpg

Altough I'm in the camp of "Being nice is its own reward" (plus I got forum title!!!), if the OE were to have a cameo in the game (because Obsidian says so), I must say that the most sensible way would be through lore. And easier way too. That said, having it as a whole faction with quests and all sounds really cool (even if no real members of the OE were depicted).

The enemy group one is not of my interest but... if they were to use all the real members of the OE for it, they would need a real battle between armies!!! Or a few overpowered PC&company versus the hordes of the OE. :p

I have no real interest in merchandise.

Edited by Wintersong

I agree with what's already been said above -- I am happy to support Obsidian and don't expect anything extra for joining the Order. If they do decide to reference us in some way, I like the dialogue / legends / lore and drunken-fools-at-an-inn suggestions :)

As for merchandise -- if Order-related merchandise somehow became available, I'd definitely buy it. Especially if part of the proceeds would, for example, somehow be donated to Project Eternity. But I don't expect anything like that to be made available to us as a gift in addition to the tier rewards or anything like that. And that would kinda go against the purpose of the Order as well, wouldn't it?

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

I'd prefer if any resources were to be spent on the Order being in-game, it were on background lore only. A legendary 'shadow' order kind of thing. Maybe with something more if sequels are made.

As for merchandise, i said I didn't care one way or the other. Although if merchandise were to be something that's available, I'd hope some significant portion would go towards funding the game and/or add-ons (i.e. an expansion) after the game ships.

It would be cool if the order was mentioned in lore as part of the history of the world. Because after all we are, in a sense, part of the history of this world now. Not necessarily a huge important piece of lore or anything, but a mention in a dusty tome somewhere would be cool. Maybe a sect of fanatics obsessed with the number 8?

As for merchandise, I'm not really bothered. It's not something I really go for personally. If Obsidian can sell some T-shirts for a bit of extra profit to put into the games development then fair enough, but otherwise it's not really something which would concern me.

High-Priest of Funk of the Obsidian Order

Some interesting information about some people's reading skills:

7 of the 10 voters who voted that there shouldn't be a cameo for the OOoE at all in PE aren't members of the Order......... :facepalm:

Hm...what do we call those...Poll Trolls ?! :ninja:

• Like 1

"I'll take crazy over stupid any day." - Joss Whedon