Things you'd like to see in PE that haven't been done before in a cRPG

This my sound weird , but what I would like to see in PE is not something that hasn't been done but rather reverese something that has been done, rather than making it another subverison, aversion of some fantasy trope like it appears are latly popular and for me kind of boring, I want it to be basicly, a good story, with simple but interesting characters, some good, some bad, not everone is neutral, or making it grimdark, I was having most fun in second Baldurs gate because for me it wasn't trying to hard to subvert things , it played straight and simple story from zero to hero, and have sometimes very simple characters, Minsc is basicly big not so bright guy who have equaly big heart, and yet I feel he was much more interesting then for example Fenris from DAII (I like to harp on this game , i dont know why?) then again it is just what i feel.

Not sure if its been done or not but i'd like to see two things.

1. I want a shop. That's right, i' d like to have a shop where i could sell all those things i get on the adventures. Would be nice if the money you make by selling said items were more than selling those at a vendor , but you wont receive those money on spot but after some time. Also maybe from time to time there would be a low chance that someone else would want to sell something at that shop that i might need.

2. Rogue(or similar) class done right.

Dinosaurs

Im not very creative.

World of Ultima: Savage Empire from Origin did it in the 1980s : )

back on topic, here is a couple of items that I don't think was done or done well before in cRPG.

1. Good guys that are cool without being either badass or smart ass.

2. Conversation system integrated fully into combat system. I don't mean taunting or combat shouts. I mean talking as combat action that produce tactical result as well as a tool to drive the plot. eg. Darth Vader just say the "I am your father." and our hero run like a little girl :biggrin:

Not sure if its been done or not but i'd like to see two things.

1. I want a shop. That's right, i' d like to have a shop where i could sell all those things i get on the adventures.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70400/

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/70400/ss_0e4b950baa1269cc9f2180032df91966b866e39a.1920x1080.jpg?t=1316028701

I want Sword received as a legacy, that grows with the level of my character to the end of game.

I'd like to see the introduction of game mechanics based on temperament/disposition/personality that's similar to a morality system. So instead of good vs. evil/order vs. chaos, you have impulsive vs. patient, vengeful vs. forgiving, prideful vs. modest, etc. And this would affect many different factors in the game from the way your character perceives things, the skills you learn, magic, etc.

For example, if you always pick the aggressive or impulsive choices then over time, you'll begin to see encounters as being urgent and NPC's as being more confrontational. On the other hand, if you always pick the patient or methodical choices then over time, you'll notice more details in all your interactions, you might even begin to draw connections between unrelated things almost to the point of paranoia.

Your character will also start getting a reputation for having a certain temperament so that other characters will interact with you differently. For example, if you have a reputation for being forgiving then some NPC's might try to take advantage of that but if you have a reputation for being vengeful then those NPC's would try not to piss you off.

The system would also affect combat as different temperaments could affect how easily you can learn certain fighting styles or magical schools/spells. More lethal fighting moves might be easier to learn for characters who are ruthless while more peaceful characters might have an easier learning fighting moves that incapacitate opponents. Aggressive mages would be able to cast powerful but draining spells more effectively while patient mages would be able to cast spells with long term effects more effectively.

Well, a failure ending would also be nice to see.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I want Sword received as a legacy, that grows with the level of my character to the end of game.

I want sentient weapons that I can threaten to melt down/smash/destroy if they get on my nerves. :)

BG2 had a sentient sword. So it has been done before.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

More strategy and fun elements to the game. Why is it in most crpgs you can only control and decide the fate of 6 party members you know. How about breath life into crpgs. With having one scenario like this. Instead of 6 heroes gathering to attack a enemy base. How about it is 18 instead. You get 2 different adventuring parties with distinct personalities help you and you assign their role in the siege including your own party role in the siege. You can then control each parties battle and choices their leader makes in their role.

More strategy and fun elements to the game. Why is it in most crpgs you can only control and decide the fate of 6 party members you know. How about breath life into crpgs. With having one scenario like this. Instead of 6 heroes gathering to attack a enemy base. How about it is 18 instead. You get 2 different adventuring parties with distinct personalities help you and you assign their role in the siege including your own party role in the siege. You can then control each parties battle and choices their leader makes in their role.

They have games like that already ... they're called real-time strategy games.

They have games like that already ... they're called real-time strategy games.

No **** but no reason we can't see these things more in rpgs. Rpgs need more depth besides getting green, blue , yellow gear to play ken doll with your character or party with. Fallout, torment all these old late 90 rpgs. Don't need to make yet another one like dragon age origins brought up to date. Not saying dragon age origins was a bad game but there wasn't anything seen in it that wasn't done before.

1. Good guys that are cool without being either badass or smart ass.

Does this mean you're asking for assless chaps? :shifty:

This is just a "no a$$h0les request" :)

There are just too many Nathan Drake, Commander Shepard, Kratos, Snake in games (as well as movie) that I think a good old fashion "boring" hero would be interesting now.

I want sentient weapons that I can threaten to melt down/smash/destroy if they get on my nerves. :)

BG2 had a sentient sword. So it has been done before.

I'd like a sentient sword that isn't a complete twit. :)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."