Ask Tim Cain questions on reddit...

Ok, first question first: why the hell my post gains one point every time I log in and lose one point every time I log out?

Because people are voting for and against your post. It has nothing to do with you, but the other users.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If you are somehow having problems with using Reddit, I'd be glad to help out or answer any questions. What is it that you don't understand about the format? What is bad about the user interface?

It feels very user friendly and straight forward to me, but then again I have been using the site for a long time. I don't remember what it felt like first time I visited the site.

I'll be perfectly honest here: I have some fairly big prejudices on the website based on the community. Obviously, there are a lot of people there who are fine, but I kind of feel like it creates the same kind of unsafe environment that places like 4chan "enforce". Is there any way you can sell it to me? I honestly don't want to contribute to a website like that, but it might just be I'm wrong on Reddit.

Ok, first question first: why the hell my post gains one point every time I log in and lose one point every time I log out?

Because people are voting for and against your post. It has nothing to do with you, but the other users.

No, believe me: 2 sec. ago I've logged out, lost 1 point, logged in again and regained the lost point. And this happens every time I do the same. Senseless...

If you are somehow having problems with using Reddit, I'd be glad to help out or answer any questions. What is it that you don't understand about the format? What is bad about the user interface?

It feels very user friendly and straight forward to me, but then again I have been using the site for a long time. I don't remember what it felt like first time I visited the site.

I'll be perfectly honest here: I have some fairly big prejudices on the website based on the community. Obviously, there are a lot of people there who are fine, but I kind of feel like it creates the same kind of unsafe environment that places like 4chan "enforce". Is there any way you can sell it to me? I honestly don't want to contribute to a website like that, but it might just be I'm wrong on Reddit.

Reddit is divided into different subreddits, which are like a self-contained miniforum of their own. A user can create a new subreddit whenever they want and people with similar interests can gather there. The larger default subreddits are usually of lower quality and I can agree that they are in a way like 4chan. But the mood, maturity and environment is varies a lot between different subreddits. You just have to find your own mix of subreddits that fit you and only subscribe to those. /r/projecteternity probably has a very similar demographic to this forum.

Edited by drain

Come visit the Project Eternity subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity

Reddit is divided into different subreddits, which are like a self-contained miniforum of their own. A user can create a new subreddit whenever they want and people with similar interests can gather there. The larger default subreddits are usually of lower quality and I can agree that they are in a way like 4chan. But the mood, maturity and environment is varies a lot between different subreddits. You just have to find your own mix of subreddits that fit you and only subscribe to those. /r/projecteternity probably has a very similar demographic to this forum.

Fair enough. I'm not sure whether I have anything to ask Tim Cain now besides "Why are you so awesome?" or "Can you teach me how to cook?", but maybe I'll register eventually.

Hi Everyone,

Tim Cain is looking for questions that he can answer in his next update. So, when you have the chance, get on over to reddit and put up a question and vote for others.

Hi all!

Since I prefer not to use Reddit, I try my chances in this thread instead:

1. Will there be possible to play Evil alignment/classes in Project Eternity?

2. Project Eternity, if that the games final name, or just the name of the project?

3. If there will be planned any future expansion packs, will that be on Kickstarter too?

Thanks for finally bringing us a true RPG of the old school! This will most likely be a great one!

Hi Everyone,

Tim Cain is looking for questions that he can answer in his next update. So, when you have the chance, get on over to reddit and put up a question and vote for others.

Hi all!

Since I prefer not to use Reddit, I try my chances in this thread instead:

1. Will there be possible to play Evil alignment/classes in Project Eternity?

2. Project Eternity, if that the games final name, or just the name of the project?

3. If there will be planned any future expansion packs, will that be on Kickstarter too?

Thanks for finally bringing us a true RPG of the old school! This will most likely be a great one!

I don't think the game has alignment.

Project Eternity is just the project name.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."