Ask Tim Cain questions on reddit...

I'd never even heard of reddit before today, but then again I'd stopped following computer games for a while. I will say this on their behalf: It's easy as hell to register and ask a question. Quick, Merin, I seem to agree with you about most stuff, go ask a question and I'll vote for it. :Cant's **** eating grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hm, relying on the upvotes can be dicey - I suppose an AMA would have been more fruitful but still is nice to be able to question developers of this calibre.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I asked about classes and multiclassing. Here's to hope.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think it's funny how the votes keep going up and down.

As a comment said, people downvote to get theirs in the top 5. Reddit's meta-moderation sometimes works, heh.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know the one I want to see answered and it's doing pretty well right now. Otherwise, a lot of the questions make sense. I'll be interested to see what Cain ends up answering.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I have never used reddit either, how do you post a comment? I registered, and when I typed in a comment the only thing I can click on is "save" but that doesn't seem to have posted the msg...I see no "post/submit" button anywhere near the area you type in....

edit - I tried again and it worked , weird.

Edited by Stiler

effing reddit, how does it work?

Just registered on it to see if I get my questions answered.

But I don't understand how it orders posts.

I have 2 questions (one about skills, the other about game reactivity in relation to Arcanum), they have 6 and 7 points, but are still below some with less points. :getlost:

(technically I asked 3, but the 3rd only has 2 points)

And I find it odd so many people want to know about classes (me too), but don't care about skills :facepalm:

Edited by hideo kuze

Will there be later a summary of the Q&A on the forum?

It's going to be his weekend update video.

I asked about the systems used in PE to handle non combat situations. I mean, I know there will be a reasonable amount of non combat skills in the game, but there will be also an (even simple) stealth system (Bloolines, you know)? and challenging dialogue mechanics (a la Planescape)? Some sort of resource management? How will exactly world map exploration work? Etc...

Edited by Baudolino05

Tale: It's been my impression that the decision to use a class-based system wasn't actually Cains (Sawyers, prob), so why ask him this question? And don't you think there is an obvious answer to the question? You have classes because it's easier to balance the game if you can make sure that some character builds are impossible.

Tale: It's been my impression that the decision to use a class-based system wasn't actually Cains (Sawyers, prob), so why ask him this question? And don't you think there is an obvious answer to the question? You have classes because it's easier to balance the game if you can make sure that some character builds are impossible.

I don't know whose decision it was. I should hope Cain understands the decision at least. I am hopeful the answer is more complex than a single note on balance. That seems a valid reason, I just hope they have a deeper interest than that one alone.

If you are somehow having problems with using Reddit, I'd be glad to help out or answer any questions. What is it that you don't understand about the format? What is bad about the user interface?

It feels very user friendly and straight forward to me, but then again I have been using the site for a long time. I don't remember what it felt like first time I visited the site.

Come visit the Project Eternity subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity