For RP/customization sake, please allow us to keep the same "armor/weapon" look if we want for new euqipment.

Oh please, I have read the codex long enough to notice that there's always a certain number of users that always manage to declare everything as **** no matter what. It wouldn't be too far-fetched for one of them slink in here and post from multiple accounts.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's good to know that there are no stupid posters on the Obsidian forums - it's all nasty trolls from the 'Dex! Maybe this place should redirect to BSN so we could all stop pretending - the posts are on that quality level already in some cases.

Say no to popamole!

Mod tools are a much better idea, solves the problem without dictating everyones' experience or pandering to one particular view. P.S. LARPing is bad, m'kay.

Have you ever actually done larp?

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

It's good to know that there are no stupid posters on the Obsidian forums - it's all nasty trolls from the 'Dex! Maybe this place should redirect to BSN so we could all stop pretending - the posts are on that quality level already in some cases.

Alright, alright, sheeeesh. I didn't say that there are no ****posters spawning from this forum. The inanity of the OP just reminds me certain retardo'd threads like "rat diplomacy" from the 'Codex.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Mod tools are a much better idea, solves the problem without dictating everyones' experience or pandering to one particular view. P.S. LARPing is bad, m'kay.

Why would you assume I'm a hypocrite? :(

???

Larping is great, especially contact-LARP.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Why would you assume I'm a hypocrite? :(

???

Larping is great, especially contact-LARP.

LARPing is ok if it involves getting some.

LARPing is a shorthand in this case for playing pretend in a game, claiming it to be meaningful while the game mechanics do not react to anything you pretend to do in any way - the Oblivion school of "role-playing". It does not have any relation to real life LARP, except maybe to the popular caricature of it.

Say no to popamole!

LARPing is a shorthand in this case for playing pretend in a game, claiming it to be meaningful while the game mechanics do not react to anything you pretend to do in any way - the Oblivion school of "role-playing". It does not have any relation to real life LARP, except maybe to the popular caricature of it.

Except LARP'ing means Live Action Role-Play and someone sitting behind a computer screen playing a game is not LARP'ing.

Otherwise you could argue that 5 guys sitting around a table with character sheets and dice are LARP'ing, since that requires a hell of a lot more imagination than playing Fallout or Baldur's Gate. :p

I like racing cars so please cause i want to rolplay my dwarf as a racing driver, so please implement soem mcClaren f1's into the game so i can bea racing driver dwarf guy and pretend to be micheal schumacher. thanks.xxxxx

I'd only support racing car clothes if I could dress my dwarf in early 1900s racing gear and name him "Barney Oldfield".

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'd love a general customization in my look outside of stats but, either via a crafting/smithing npc who can change it to how I want it for a price or just the basics of what the OP said. That all aside, item wise, i pray they learn from DnD in how to handle base items. BioWare said they did and then implemented a crappy Diablo style 'that lvl 10 white shortsword has 5 times the dmg of that lvl 1 shortsword I used to have that looks the exact same'.

Seriously.. the ****? That kinda crap always causes a lot of awkward equipment swaps that just kinda kill my enjoyment. I think it's kinda born outa some made up idea that items don't matter in RPG's and the only way to make them matter is to add a buncha awkward curvy scale to base values. Just a lotta BS if you ask me. DnD man, longswords 1-8 dmg, that never changes! Sure it may get +5 enhancement dmg +1-4 fire or something but that's cause its magic.. the longsword parts still 1-8. Please keep that Obsidian! Don't be crazy, make the sense making!

Edited by Adhin
  • Like 1

Def Con: kills owls dead

Except LARP'ing means Live Action Role-Play and someone sitting behind a computer screen playing a game is not LARP'ing.

Otherwise you could argue that 5 guys sitting around a table with character sheets and dice are LARP'ing, since that requires a hell of a lot more imagination than playing Fallout or Baldur's Gate. :p

You don't say. Reading comprehension is not your strongest skill, is it?

Say no to popamole!

You be trolling. He's right that the term makes no sense when used in this regard.

• Like 1

You be trolling. He's right that the term makes no sense when used in this regard.

Reading comprehension is fine. I was giving a detailed explanation for those people who insist on using LARP'ing to refer to playing a PC game, as the crazy white bunny (Loved the original game, btw! ;) ) rightly pointed out.

Take your troll-mode engage elsewhere please.

• Like 1

A lot of time we used to complain about why my avatar looks the same when we change the weapon, clothes, etc. and Now this thread is about the opposite?

I hope them don't waste time just to look this thread. Anyone who wants nice clothes can go sites like this:

www.juegosdechicas.com and play to address the doll.

What do I care what it means originally? I merely explained the usage of the term in this case - you started dragging real life definition into it.

This.

The abstraction of terms is common in literature; as long as the distinction and usage is explained, I do not see how any of you could be confused. LARP in this context is used as a pejorative for "playing pretend in a game, claiming it to be meaningful while the game mechanics do not react to anything you pretend to do in any way", which is in essence what LARP does.

In a LARP, you can theoretically dress in a blue robe and pretend to be a Wizard of Thay. You can bonk someone on the head with your sword and pretend that you are throwing magic missile. It's a total disconnect between visuals and mechanics. How often do you see a LARP where two orcs look the same? Not very often.

t50aJUd.jpg

Instead of fighting for something pointless like this that CANNOT even be seen easily (considering the distance from the characters), ask for customization options you CAN see. Look at what the old IE did as far as allowing you to select the color scheme for each character. Now that IS somewhat visible.

What you folks are asking for will...

1. clutter up the UI

2. have next to no impact on what you can see

3. take up development time and money

All around terrible idea

Edited by Shevek
  • Like 2