Will there be Multi Classing?

I would like something like Dual classing and multiclassing. Whether it be done in a similar way to the D&D games, or done in a completely different fashion, I would like to be able to create something new from 2 base classes, like an Arcane Archer or a battle mage etc

• Like 1

Legendary Weapons Made By You - A post about weapon customisation and creating your own legendary items

Magic Spell Customisation - A post about adapting spells to fit your style, making news ones from old

$4million+ raised, I think our jobs here are done.

I'd love to see something like this. I don't really think the concepts of multiclassing and duel classing are exclusive to D&D (titans quest let you pick two classes) and I can actually think of a number of ways to implement it. Simplest would be to just let the player choose their class whenever they level up. After that there's dual classing where you let the player pick two different classes (possibly starting one a few levels behind). Finally, there's the hybrid option where a player first picks a main class and then gets the option of trading out a preset group of features (possibly choosing from multiple groups) for a preset group of features from another class.

I'm not actually sure which version I'd like the most.

i still hope the class concept will be flexible enough to make multi classing unnecessary

like in: your class choice only sets a basic set of skills, but after that you are able to develop your character in any direction you like

mage in plate armour and swinging a huge 2handed axe? here you go!

Edited by lolaldanee

I've always peferred being able to combine a magic user with a rogue - agile, quick and packing both an arcane anf a mundane punch... But as others have said, I hope PE's system is flexible enough that it doesn't need to hack together two rigid classes.

• Like 1

If nothing that we do matters then all that matters is what we do. - Whedon

I personally didn't like multiclassing (I always felt like I was doing it... wrong, I dunno, and I'm a bit of a purist I guess) but I'm not opposed to its inclusion since I know a lot of people enjoy it. I agree though that I am more looking forward to potential specializations within classes.