$2.0M: so very close!

They better come up with new stretch goals, as they're running out of those!

The next few stretch goals will be absolutely crucial - and they don't have much time left, they need to announce them before the current one is reached.

A set of enticing goals could result in a spike of pledges. Surprise us, Obsidian!

I think the inclusion of a Toolset would be a nice stretch goal option. Or perhaps guarantee of at least one Expansion Pack being released about year after the game releases.

• Like 1

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100
15327.jpg

The next few stretch goals will be absolutely crucial - and they don't have much time left, they need to announce them before the current one is reached.

A set of enticing goals could result in a spike of pledges. Surprise us, Obsidian!

I think the inclusion of a Toolset would be a nice stretch goal option. Or perhaps guarantee of at least one Expansion Pack being released about year after the game releases.

I don't want them getting ahead of themselves and just assuming people will even want an expansion pack until they have made the first game as good as they can possibly make it. If they get enough funding where they literally don't know how they can use it to improve the game, then add a stretch goal like an expansion pack. Even then though, it seems like a bad idea to guarantee something like that.

Edited by ogrezilla

Passed it officially when i just checked.. with 2000 to spare.. when it rains it pours doesnt it :) maybe we got a high roler supporting.

BatNat raised his pledge to 1k and brought us over the 2.0M. Now he can think about his NPC.... :)

:excl:She sure will! :p:dancing:

I'm dismayed at my failure and offer you my sincerest apologies, milady! I'm going to stand in the corner and watch the wall....

And thanks again for your pledge ;)

Edited by LordCrash
  • Like 1
35167v4.jpg

I'm dismayed at my failure and offer you my sincerst apologies, milady! I'm going to stand in the corner and watch the wall....

And thanks again for your pledge ;)

You're lucky, I'm in a forgiving mood today, my Lord. So get outta that corner already! ;)

And no thanks needed, it wasn't a complete selfless act. :grin:

For a second I wondered if I should rechange the pledge and call it a jest though, but I don't think that would have been wise... :devil:

• Like 1

"I'll take crazy over stupid any day." - Joss Whedon

It is the case, however. Kickstarter simply isn't popular in Germany (yet ?). One point against it, for Germans, certainly is the need for a credit card which is just not that common in Germany...but even with paypal as option the additional pledge potential seems to be tiny. W2 had a paypal pledge option rather early on and at the end only something like 3% of the total pledges were done through paypal.

Fair enough, I didn't know credit cards are less common in Germany.

less comon is quite an understatement

of all the people i know i coudn't think of a single person who has got one (including myself)

in total less than 25% of the population have got one, maybe more among people interested in this game, since they are younger than the average german

Edited by lolaldanee

Toolset would be nice. Or adventure creator, way NWN had it and Shadowrun Returns intents to have.

On the other hand Expansion Pack as a stretch goal is a terrible, terrible thing to do. Why can't this content go into initial game?

Anyways - yay, 2 mil, need moar stretch goals as there is next to nothing to drive imagination of future backers ( I know we already have plenty, but humans tend to 'achieve things' and get a great more deal of satisfaction from reaching next goal than 'just' backing the project cause its awesome)

Congrats on hitting the $2,000,000 mark! Well deserved. Here's hoping it's the tip of the iceberg.

Yep, a hearty well done! They're blowing the door off any expectations. :yes:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

of all the people i know i coudn't think of a single person who has got one (including myself)

in total less than 25% of the population have got one, maybe more among people interested in this game, since they are younger than the average german

Out of interest, how do you pay then for Amazon.de and the likes?

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

Out of interest, how do you pay then for Amazon.de and the likes?

I pay mostly per direct debit at Amazon.de (but that's not possible for international payments for sure).

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

I'd like them to stop and consider how many classes the game need, instead of just promising class upon class and so forth. If they're redundant it doesn't really matter they're there, does it?

it depends how broad or specific the classes are.

Indeed. Look at Neverwinter Nights 2; that game had a huge amount of (epic) classes and it made for unlimited gaming pleasure!

Of course it's true that detailed balancing is a prerequisite for good gameplay.

I'd like them to stop and consider how many classes the game need, instead of just promising class upon class and so forth. If they're redundant it doesn't really matter they're there, does it?

There's always room for another class, another archetype, another career. Any class-based system can show you this, unless you want to argue that a Fighter is the same as a Ranger or that either is the same as an Arcane Archer.

t50aJUd.jpg

There's always room for another class, another archetype, another career. Any class-based system can show you this, unless you want to argue that a Fighter is the same as a Ranger or that either is the same as an Arcane Archer.

Hear, hear!

20 days to raise

money even more

for the Obsidian lore

to reach us in a new shape

without any red tape

for us all to praise

forevermore

• Like 3

619d221af6bf1263004acf169910804f0001a35d21555a1916f1ddfd5db8a03e6g.jpg

A myth is like good wine or cheese, growing meaningful with age.

- From Excentric quotes form the Lorekeepers of the Obsidian Order -

agreed. I don't mind having overlapping roles as long as the flavor is different.

5 million? You guys are very optimistic! :)

Not really. Many Kickstarter projects make as much in their last day as in their first day. They progress slowly for the rest of the time, but they don't stop. Currently if the project progresses the same way as Wasteland 2, Double Fine Adventure, or Dead State then it will make $5 million. Project Eternity has twice the time to make $2m more ($4m total) as it took to make the second $1m ($2m total). Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Adventure made about 75% on the last day as the first, but Dead State made about 150% more on the last day.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

Why does everyone keep bringin up Warden's Keep?

I mean as soon as you finsih the quest to own it the only place you can use is a tiny space outside of the keep which is apparently the courtyard (as if the keep wasnt small enough already), it's as if the devs were not allowed more time to finish it and clean up the inside of the keep so that the player could use it.

• Like 1

5 million? You guys are very optimistic! :)

Not really. Many Kickstarter projects make as much in their last day as in their first day. They progress slowly for the rest of the time, but they don't stop. Currently if the project progresses the same way as Wasteland 2, Double Fine Adventure, or Dead State then it will make $5 million. Project Eternity has twice the time to make $2m more ($4m total) as it took to make the second $1m ($2m total). Broken Sword the Serpent's Curse Adventure made about 75% on the last day as the first, but Dead State made about 150% more on the last day.

And I hope you're right ten times over!