$2.0M: so very close!

I think the combination of the languages + opening paypal will get new donations. In a lot of European countries credit cards aren't that popular. However they said they want to release all the goals and tiers before opening up paypal.

Well it's got to be soon(as in like today or tomorrow) because the 2.2 mil mark is looming ever closer and I don't think anyone wants to see us run out of goals.

1zq6793.jpg

Still 20 days to go, I think it will do 3-3.5 if the updates and reward tiers are good.

Someone did post earlier that Feargus said paypal would be open on October 3. Don't remember the thread.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

Now please add a pay-pal (or something similar) option for those parts of the world that dislike credit cards (I'm talking about Germany). Just do it and watch the pledges rolling in.

feargus stated in the faq that paypal will be available as of october 3rd. guess this will be announced with one of the big updates later.

Don't you guys think this has more to do with getting the word out than stretch goals? I don't know about you, but I happened upon this project by accident, but then pledged immediately. Do you really think there are that many fence sitters saying "well if they will implement intelligent items, then I'm in!" I think it's simply the more people that hear about this, the more people will pledge. Gotta get the word out!

• Like 1

5 million? You guys are very optimistic! :)

It took just under 10 days to make 2 mil.....if they can keep the stretch goals interesting they may be able to combat the slowing of pledges.

Don't get me wrong: 5 million would be amazing and I do hope Obsidian will get there!

• Like 1

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

Don't you guys think this has more to do with getting the word out than stretch goals? I don't know about you, but I happened upon this project by accident, but then pledged immediately. Do you really think there are that many fence sitters saying "well if they will implement intelligent items, then I'm in!" I think it's simply the more people that hear about this, the more people will pledge. Gotta get the word out!

Yeah, but it's not only about new pledgers. People who already backed the project can be motivated to raise their pledge with new stretch goals (because of the rising level of excitement about the game). This is proved by other comparable kickstarter projects because in the end the average pledged amount per backer was distincly higher than the actual average pledged amount per backer for Project Eternity (now it stands at about $41-42 per backer according to kicktraq). ;)

35167v4.jpg

My prediction is anywhere between 2.9 and 3.2, considering the usual, final boost of previous Kickstarter campaigns, but of course I hope it's a conservative prediction; I think it can get even higher with another good press campaign, which should start next week, judging from Feargus's recent comments.

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

Passed it officially when i just checked.. with 2000 to spare.. when it rains it pours doesnt it :) maybe we got a high roler supporting.

BatNat raised his pledge to 1k and brought us over the 2.0M. Now he can think about his NPC.... :)

Then hes worth a round of applauds :) passing those goals makes ones day. upped my tiny contribution today. wish i had the cash to put down a 1000 too :)

Yeah, but it's not only about new pledgers. People who already backed the project can be motivated to raise their pledge with new stretch goals (because of the rising level of excitement about the game). This is proved by other comparable kickstarter projects because in the end the average pledged amount per backer was distincly higher than the actual average pledged amount per backer for Project Eternity (now it stands at about $41-42 per backer according to kicktraq). ;)

Good point. I guess I'm just stuck on how I could have EASILY missed out on this, it was just luck that I found it, and I'm happy I did.

Passed it officially when i just checked.. with 2000 to spare.. when it rains it pours doesnt it :) maybe we got a high roler supporting.

BatNat raised his pledge to 1k and brought us over the 2.0M. Now he can think about his NPC.... :)

:excl:She sure will! :p:dancing:

• Like 3

"I'll take crazy over stupid any day." - Joss Whedon

And also due to the habit of projects getting a peak towards the very end of the campaign, some people just want to wait and see whether the game is worth the pre-order. There may be certain deal breakers that make people with this mindset pledge earlier, like upgrades to tier rewards or new features.

Most people I've tried to convince to pledge are interested, but would rather just wait until it comes out, despite the price difference.

Whereas they were right on Planetary Annihilation because of the gameplay footage.

They better come up with new stretch goals, as they're running out of those!

The next few stretch goals will be absolutely crucial - and they don't have much time left, they need to announce them before the current one is reached.

A set of enticing goals could result in a spike of pledges. Surprise us, Obsidian!

Just posted this on the KS page, thought I'd share it with you here too, in celebration of the $2 million! :grin:

Ahem *raisesmug*...

A toast to all backers, be their pledges large or small,

Project Eternity can use every single coin after all!

May the numbers keep rising until the final call,

so we can see every stretch goal crumble and fall!

CHEERS :woot:

• Like 2

"I'll take crazy over stupid any day." - Joss Whedon