$2.0M: so very close!

I think one challenge next is to come up with a goal that can shoot it up to 2.4mil and beyond. They can make the next goal 2.4 or 2.6 mil, but it have to be something new that makes people go "wow I want that". More companion or anything that have been included in previous goal is not going to be much good, IMO.

Edit:

CONGRATZ ON 2 MILLION :dancing:

Edited by Hornet85
  • Like 1

On to “a whole new faction and all the territory it holds. This adds new NPCs, quests, magic items, stores, adventure areas and hours of gameplay. And yes, you got it, another companion.” :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

I think one challenge next is to come up with a goal that can shoot it up to 2.4mil and beyond. They can make the next goal 2.4 or 2.6 mil, but it have to be something new that makes people go "wow I want that". More companion or anything that have been included in previous goal is not going to be much good, IMO.

Edit:

CONGRATZ ON 2 MILLION :dancing:

2.3M and beyond..... ;)

35167v4.jpg

Also the next stretch goals need to be posted up soon because not many care for the 2.2 mil language packs.

The 2.2M target is about adding a full region, whole faction, along with quests and game content. It is BY FAR the biggest stretch goal set so far. Localization are just a side effect.

• Like 1

2M in a little over 10 days....amazing!

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

Also the next stretch goals need to be posted up soon because not many care for the 2.2 mil language packs.

The 2.2M target is about adding a full region, whole faction, along with quests and game content. It is BY FAR the biggest stretch goal set so far. Localization are just a side effect.

Yeah but I think a lot of people are just holding their breath to see what the territory beyond 2.2 mil might bring. Besides 2.2 mil is so close it's just about guaranteed we'll reach it, new goals will be required to blow the minds of the backers and get Project Eternity to reach the 3 mil and beyond marks(hell I even think 5 mil may well be possible if the next goals are really good).

• Like 2

1zq6793.jpg

While I do appreciate that kickstarter exists, I do think its handling (or lack of) for stretch goals could be improved. If you could put in an increase on your pledge conditional on achieving a stretch goal, I think they could get more money (like how your original pledge is conditional on the kickstarter reaching its goal or you get your money back).

I doubt we'll ever see that because it would be an enormous mess....once a project is funded the money start being spent on it so if it were to later fall apart it would be because they ran out of money and the project is still in a highly unfinished/unplayable state. So you see the dilemma? Can't give back money after they are gone. Unless they figure out an insurance system for kickstarters but I'm not sure we want to go there as the drawbacks are likely to be far worse than the lack of it.

I don't mean conditional on Obsidian actually fullfilling the stretch goal, I mean conditional on the project getting enough funds to reach the stretch goal, justl like how donating to the project as a whole is conditional on the project meeting its goal.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Indeed!

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

Well we have to reach $2.2m before they announce new stretch goals :).

No we don't, they don't want that either because the second we reach 2.2 mil and backers see no further goals the inflow of money is going to slow a lot worse than it already has. They always have to tell us what the next 3 or more stretch goals will bring.

1zq6793.jpg

Yeah but I think a lot of people are just holding their breath to see what the territory beyond 2.2 mil might bring. Besides 2.2 mil is so close it's just about guaranteed we'll reach it, new goals will be required to blow the minds of the backers and get Project Eternity to reach the 3 mil and beyond marks(hell I even think 5 mil may well be possible if the next goals are really good).

Sign! :)

• Like 1
35167v4.jpg