New Game + vs Once Finished I'm Done  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of replay are you more interested in?

• New Game +
    • Once Finished I’m Done.
    • A never-ending game with no possibility of ever ending…ever.
    • You don't care, its all good.

Which type of replay are you more interested in? New game plus where you can beat the game with one character and start the game over with the same character (Baldur’s Gate did this). Or more along the lines of once you finished the game you need to make a new character (Dragon Age: Origins like). Or a game that never ends (Elder Scrolls).

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

Meh, I want it to be the type of game where I start it up again straight away with a new character and see how choosing differently from the first character changed the game.

That's the kind of replay I'm interested in.

This.

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i loved how it was done in alpha protocol

if you started out as the "recruit" class in your first playthrough, you could unlock the "veteran" class and had some new dialog options because people asumed you are a battle hardened guy - quite well done if you ask me

• Like 4

I don't know really, I mean, haven't all previous IE games had a lot of replay value already in that you can make such different characters and take so many different paths? Even if the main game plays out similarly.

One idea though, could be that you play as any good old adventurer in new game+, and the main quest is happening in the world, but it's not surrounding you? And you can go wherever and just do side quests, and see reactions to what's happening in the main quest, in places and from perspectives that weren't available to you as you played the characters actually doing the the mq the first time round? (phew, long sentence.) You could import any character and just get going. Experience the game world freely.

But, I'd rather not spend resources on that, and just have a terrific main game.

Like music? Check out my original Project Eternity songs: Project Eternity Excitement Song

I never understood why anyone thought new game+ was a good idea. Wouldn't you rather just have the ability to create a higher level character from the start?

Meh, I want it to be the type of game where I start it up again straight away with a new character and see how choosing differently from the first character changed the game.

That's the kind of replay I'm interested in.

Likewise. Playing a different character is rewarding enough to warrant subsequent playthroughs.

I want both replayability from creating new characters and trying out lots of different things, but I also want an import export function for my character during the game and also upon completion.

Legendary Weapons Made By You - A post about weapon customisation and creating your own legendary items

Magic Spell Customisation - A post about adapting spells to fit your style, making news ones from old

$4million+ raised, I think our jobs here are done.

I'm a fan of NG+ although I would prefer it if they actually incorporated something that makes replay with a carryover save worthwhile, like collectibles, or special items.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Newgame+ should stay in the ****ty console games and ARPGs that have little to no story and all combat. An import/export option does not really even make sense either as there is no multiplayer. I would rather they spend more effort on making a cohesive world and story than an everlasting mmo-esque trash feature.

• Like 3
Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

New game plus sounds good, I figure why take options away? I probably wouldn't start over with the same character, but, who knows, if there was a greater challenge, and I really liked the chracter I made, I might just decide to. So why not, I daresay, why not!

The Obsidian Orders Royal Pain

"Ouch"

Newgame+ should stay in the ****ty console games and ARPGs that have little to no story and all combat. An import/export option does not really even make sense either as there is no multiplayer. I would rather they spend more effort on making a cohesive world and story than an everlasting mmo-esque trash feature.

Uhhuh, doesn't belong eh? Just like it didn't belong in those classic Infinity Engine games that had it via character import?

NG+, why not? Sometimes I get attached to a character and want to do another run with them, only doing things differently (for different character debelopment). Having NG+ makes the grinding more tolerable in that case.....and having it takes essentially nothing away from those times when I want to create someone new, so.

Maybe having extra options ala AP would be nice, too, but I shan't wish for the moon.

Sword Sharpener of the Obsidian Order

(will also handle pitchforks and other sharp things)

This is Obsidian we're talking about so the amount of branching in the story based on our choices is going to be insanely good with tons of endings so it'd be a waste to play the game just once. One way or another there will be tons of replay value and I'd very much appreciate the NG+ option to help things along on repeat playthroughs.

1zq6793.jpg

I savor nearly every moment of the first playthrough, which ends up taking me twice as long as most. I often call it a "completionist" playthrough, however this isn't accurate. I don't find every easter egg, uncover every piece of content, etc. But I do find and complete every quest, and if there is a crafting component involved (armor or weapons, only), I'll spend hours upon hours mastering that. I play as if I were the protagonist and since I'm not into the 'evil' side of life, I have zero interest in a replay just to see what that's like.

Therefore, I'm a once-and-done player that loves sequels if it means I can continue my original character-- indefinitely if allowed. I may replay after several years, but only if it was a great first playthrough.