Oh HELL no.

The slow-mo break-combat-flow idiocy in Dragon Age pissed me off to no end, catering to the adolescent consolers. > :p

And this is NOT a 3D zoom-in game with cinematics. NO. NONONO.

On the other hand, hearing an emphatic yell from my companions (I think Minsc's was "HA-HA!!") during combat for a critical hit was great. More of that, please.

Read the topic first pal. no slow motion as i stated in more than 3 posts...

cmon! if you dont want to read the whole topic, than dont post.

Edited by Boretti

I'm okay with finishing moves, if they don't interrupt 'gameplay' in anyway. I didn't like them in Dragon Age, due to the lost time spent on senselessly beating down an ogre.

I only want kill moves if we can have ridiculously large pauldrons, 12 foot long great swords and eyes eight sizes too large

No spiky hairdos?

The more conservative ones of DA:O were pretty cool, though they were a little buggy for some weapon combinations. I guess I wouldn't mind them if they happened when someone overkills the last enemy on the group. Just no slo mo or otherwise too long animations. Not really worth the resources, though.

SODOFF Steam group.

The more conservative ones of DA:O were pretty cool, though they were a little buggy for some weapon combinations. I guess I wouldn't mind them if they happened when someone overkills the last enemy on the group. Just no slo mo or otherwise too long animations. Not really worth the resources, though.

The way Baldur's Gate dealt with it was pretty simple. There was no special animation on your attack, just the guy you hit exploded instead of just fell over dead. Like I said, worked well enough. I wouldn't mind something like that.

There was no slow down or anything, just occasionally you'd gib your opponent and it was definitely satisfying.

Problem with DA:O style would be the fact that this is a fixed perspective isometric game. It's likely not going to be detailed enough to get finishers like some people here are asking. It works in DA:O only because of the cameras perspective and how it can be a fairly cinematic camera. If this game is to get some kind of finishing animation then we likely cannot expect it to be all that much more detailed than the Baldur's Gate gibbing.

Nothing like what's been plaguing rpg's for the past years. No!

But I wouldn't mind the final hit occasionally cutting of heads or limbs, swords and spears going all the way through.

Even that's assuming attention isn't automatically focused on the fact and assuming the hit is a hard one indeed.

Subtle flavor is fine while yeaaaahhh loook aaaaaaatttt theeeeesss eepiiiic STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE is not.

• Like 1

Yeah n also ur character lyk goes super saiyan 4 n his hair starts glowin n the wizard screams all dramatic like "nooooOOOOOOOOOOO" as u go towards him n then it like zooms in on his eyeball n when ur done it shows u standing there behind him wit ur eyes closed n not botherin to turn around (cuz ur a badass) n then the wizards torso slowly slides off his legs and hits the ground, then it cuts over to a short clip of the moon like shattering like glass or sumthin deep and metaphorical or sum bull**** lyk dat, den blood sprays like a god damn fire hydrant out of his body n it rains blood and den it goes to a cutscene of ur sensei miles away having tea with a disciple and then suddenly he's like "Hmm!?!?!?" and the disciple is like "wut is it sensei!!11" n he says calmly and without emotion "the wind has changed directions" and more metaphorical bull**** like that n then it zooms out dramatically at rapid speeds and reveals all of this to be in ur characters eyeball. He blinks n then it goes away and we zoom out and return to the battlefield.

ya datd be awsum.

• Like 2

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I think it'd be nice. The way it was done in DA:O worked well.

Certain % chance on normal enemies and then for big bosses if you got the killing blow.

However expanding on that I think it'd be nice if it was also dependent on the type of attack you use/weapon and skill. A mage using fire spells shouldn't have the same killing move as a mage using ice or something.

For normal enemies the animations should be fairly quick, but noticable. For the "boss" enemies I wouldn't mind a close up camera/some slow mo (since there's no danger while doing it).

It adds visual flavor to the combat and gives some variety. Don't see why people wouldn't want it.

I wouldn't mind little animations near death where a person does get decapitated, someone frozen from a spell- crumble into ice, someone getting hit by a lightning spell getting fried , or some such. But I'd want it to be seamlessly integrated into the game as opposed to being a finishing move, for me it would be a nice little touch but hardly necessary .

I wouldn't mind little animations near death where a person does get decapitated, someone frozen from a spell- crumble into ice, someone getting hit by a lightning spell getting fried , or some such. But I'd want it to be seamlessly integrated into the game as opposed to being a finishing move, for me it would be a nice little touch but hardly necessary .

Pretty much exactly where I am on this. It shouldn't happen every time and it should be seamless, in exchange of their normal death animation. I don't want anything cinematic. I don't want the game to pause so I can watch it. Just exchange their death animation.

Pretty much exactly where I am on this. It shouldn't happen every time and it should be seamless, in exchange of their normal death animation. I don't want anything cinematic. I don't want the game to pause so I can watch it. Just exchange their death animation.

ya something where they just swing a little differently for the killing blow would be cool without being distracting.

Do we need it in an isometric game?

I thing voiced lines are better suite to emphasize the epicness of a fight. "AIN'T I AWESOME" for every critical hit and stuff.

Hell no! its annoying.. i rather see how awesome my Character is than hear he braggin.

Different strokes, yadda-yadda.

Just wanted to point out that it doesn't have to be bragging. Obviously battle phrases must be in-character.

you can watch my triumphant procession to Rome

Thanks to those that read the topic.

The finishers should not take more than 2-3 secs.

No jumps , no flips no sayajins. just a good sharpen blade to the neck , or a hammer knocking down on the impact, or even a bash with the shield.

Nothing out of normal, like i said something you would expect in a realistic medieval battle. ( assuming that magic would be normal )

Edited by Boretti