In a game that doesn't have obligatory quest markers, golden paths leading you to your destination or NPCs constantly shouting things like "This way!", "I can see a path!", "I'm sure you must go through that door to get to the hidden scroll, knowbody could find for the last millenium!", and we all hope Project Eternity IS going to be this kind of a game, personal map notes are very useful. I can always draw my own maps and make notes on a piece of paper, but hey...let's protect the environment, right?

Edited by norolim

I sure wish I had map notes in the Gothic series. So often I found e.g. a hidden cave guarded by a very strong monster I couldn't defeat and then forgot about it later in the game when I was strong enough to defeat the guardian. So yes, I would appreciate such an option.

Edited by Lusankya

• 2 years later...

Map notes would be nice.  For example, I encountered a cave while exploring that I absolutely wasn't ready for, but I wanted to make sure that I remembered to go back later.  It would have been nice to tag the cave on the map with a note to this effect.  The game does have a quest log where you can type in whatever though, which is a passable alternative.

They do already have journal notes in the game.   I use those for areas I passed because I thought I wasn't strong enough.   Helps me remember where stuff I skipped was.   

Of course this was all well and good until I realized that you can't delete notes....WTF!

They do already have journal notes in the game.   I use those for areas I passed because I thought I wasn't strong enough.   Helps me remember where stuff I skipped was.   

Of course this was all well and good until I realized that you can't delete notes....WTF!

You can delete journal notes (tested on steam after update 1.03, no idea if it was bugged before or if it is just unintuitive).

Double click on the note's name on the left area and then press delete on the keyboard.

Be sure to double click the note's name, because if you click just once, the focus will be on the editing window on the right side (if you see the blinking bar at the end of the text of the note, that's the signal you only clicked once).

A game without mapnotes in this day and age would feel extremely out of place. I wouldn't even request this; I'm simply assuming that it's going to be in.

Holy **** this one one hell of a necro. From 2012 straight into 2015. Guess I was wrong, eh? :lol:

I still think it's really out of place that the game doesn't have custom map notes.

I'm also extremely annoyed at the immersion-breaking spoilerific map-notes that are already in the game. It's alright to note landmarks. To note "This is Gandalf's home, this exact one here, you haven't met him yet and he's not home, but this is his apartment!" or "GRIEVING MOTHER IS HERE! RIGHT HERE! THIS ONE PLACE REQUIRES YOUR NOTICE FOR SOME REASON DON'T MISS IT!" feels incredibly out of place.

t50aJUd.jpg