1697 members have voted

1. 1. Translation to which languages should be a priority in your opinion (in addition to English, French, German and Spanish, which are already confirmed)?

• Dutch
    • Chinese
    • Italian
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Portuguese
    • Polish
    • Russian
    • Turkish
    • Other (specify in comments)

Hello Obsidian Team, and whole Obsidian forum community users. I'm an Italian guy, member of the Tes Translators Team, whose forum is run by the well known RPGItalia network, and I'd like to offer our help to translate Pillars of Eternity into Italian. We have translated many fallout and the elder scrolls mods, and I am currently working on delivering a complete and correct TES IV italian localization, as the official one was far from perfect and complete. Italians deserve an Italian translation of your promising game, at least by our view. Hoping in an answer from any of you,

FatalIllusion

• Like 5

Hello Obsidian Team, and whole Obsidian forum community users. I'm an Italian guy, member of the Tes Translators Team, whose forum is run by the well known RPGItalia network, and I'd like to offer our help to translate Pillars of Eternity into Italian. We have translated many fallout and the elder scrolls mods, and I am currently working on delivering a complete and correct TES IV italian localization, as the official one was far from perfect and complete. Italians deserve an Italian translation of your promising game, at least by our view. Hoping in an answer from any of you,

FatalIllusion

I know the works of this man

he makes amateur translations that are highly professional, it would be the best possible solution

translations, even high profile ones, are usually far below the original writing quality, which can put a serious damper on a text/dialogue heavy game like this

plus who doesn't speak or at least understand english in this day and age?

imo they should spend their resources on something else

Stop being selfish, otherwise Obsdian should only ship to english countries with your logic.

A lot of backers aren't english but thanks to translations they were able to fall in love with Crpgs.

Do NEVER forget that a lot of games were or are loved thanks to translations.

If there were no translators, Dungeons and Dragons (pen and paper) would've never have been heard of if the books were not translated in Europe.

• Like 1

My selfish me wants you to put every cent into the production, but I guess in the meaning of marketing and availability of the game you should make a few translations. Just please don't let the translation process push forward the release date, that's all.

Im from Czech Republic by the way.

Edited by IRMA

In italy there is a way to think still old : most of the people say that videogames are only for kids and not for a man (or woman), there are many player 30+ and 40 + (me) that love videogames (i play from when i was 11 YO when pacman was born).
Translate in italian is not a mistake, it means reward all players of my country that love this industry :-)
Good job guys!

• 5 weeks later...

To all italian fans of PoE, I can assure you that there will be an Italian translation of the game, though not necessarily released from Obsidian Entertainment or their game publisher Paradox Interactive. I have learnt that they are going to release their own localization tool, so that fans can provide their own language translation. Hope this clears everything out.