1697 members have voted

1. 1. Translation to which languages should be a priority in your opinion (in addition to English, French, German and Spanish, which are already confirmed)?

• Dutch
    • Chinese
    • Italian
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Portuguese
    • Polish
    • Russian
    • Turkish
    • Other (specify in comments)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yes, Slavic racial/ethnic superiority and nationalism are more valid basis for translation than potential sales revenues. Obviously superior to dirty american western mongrel races who make eternity projekt game. Play soviet anthem now.

Haha.......yyyyyyyyyyyyy...... nice joke ... but i don't know what soviets has to do with slavic ...

Besiacly we Poland fight soviets ... and after second world war Americans and British (who was our allies) Sold us to USSR. So if you are jokeing first lern history and secondry don't mix ethincs with political movements ... bocouse someone can be offended.

But i also have a joke....

A little sample on USA inteligence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cey35bBWXls

Edited by Ulquiorra
  • Like 1

Yes, Slavic racial/ethnic superiority and nationalism are more valid basis for translation than potential sales revenues. Obviously superior to dirty american western mongrel races who make eternity projekt game. Play soviet anthem now.

Haha.......yyyyyyyyyyyyy...... nice joke ... but i don't know what soviets has to do with slavic ...

Besiacly we Poland fight soviets ... and after second world war Americans and British (who was our allies) Sold us to USSR. So if you are jokeing first lern history and secondry don't mix ethincs with political movements ... bocouse someone can be offended.

But i also have a joke....

A little sample on USA inteligence

Thank you :.) and greetings from Hungary bro! :D

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves: You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin (RIP!)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to look at this from a business point of view. The more people that buy this game the better. Thought of voting for Korean since they're known for being gamers but I don't think they're that into western rpg? I dont know... 

1. Russian

2. Polish

3. Italian

Haha.......yyyyyyyyyyyyy...... nice joke ... but i don't know what soviets has to do with slavic ... Besiacly we Poland fight soviets ... and after second world war Americans and British (who was our allies) Sold us to USSR. So if you are jokeing first lern history and secondry don't mix ethincs with political movements ... bocouse someone can be offended. But i also have a joke.... A little sample on USA inteligence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cey35bBWXls

Ahh yes, a game show called "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" is an accurate example of the average intelligence of Americans

I definitely wouldn't trust those morons with money to make a video game...

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

• 4 weeks later...

As long as I can install it in English regardless of the language my O.S. has, I'm good. Or, at least, allow me to easily change it within the options menu...

Batman: Arkham City I¨m looking at you. It autoinstalled in Spanish for me, and having to hunt down .ini files and specific lines inside the file is not something I should have to deal with.

Edited by Conjurer

Voted Japanese,for the lulz. I like their work on the genre,they deserve having more comfort in facing our. By "our",I mean english. I am not an english native,but I could not imagine the RPG,nor play it comfortably,in a language other than that,yet I feel the japanese (chinese and korean too,mind me for loving only Nippon) can say they want it in their language with more reason behind it then others-they have their unique RPG system,everything about them is a degree more than we can say about our international differences.Russians,spanish,french and german on the other hand are simply too stubborn with their language "needs",let them have it..  Just my opinion,no stress.To each their own? Only if a good enough reason stands behind it,I think.

I would hate (I do hate) how Bastard Sword +1 sounds translated in serbian (yep,me) and when it comes to Studded Leather Armor I begin to vomit.

Oklop od Štavljene Kože,jbt.. ili još gore Gunj. Terrors of truly inappropriate language and it's words.

Edited by cleric Nemir

Lawful evil banite  The Morality troll from the god of Prejudice

My problem with translations on Western games is they are always bias towards Europe.  I really wish we see more Japanese  Chinese, and Portuguese translation since there are a lot gamers around the world that speak these languages.

Edited by bonarbill

tbh, even if it is translated to my native language (greek) I'll still play the english version. I'd like to play the original since I know english. That and because every fantasy thing I saw translated in greek seemed "silly" to me :p

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1

I'm Dutch, I hope to play the English version.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

• 1 month later...

Pretty much everyone speaks English nowadays, translations have become so unimportant that I'm surprised that game companies still spend a vast amount of money on voiceovers in many different languages for their games - for a very tiny minority.

Don't get me wrong, translations can make sense for games aimed at a young audience, kids, but games for adults? There's subtitles.

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.