1697 members have voted

1. 1. Translation to which languages should be a priority in your opinion (in addition to English, French, German and Spanish, which are already confirmed)?

• Dutch
    • Chinese
    • Italian
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Portuguese
    • Polish
    • Russian
    • Turkish
    • Other (specify in comments)

I would love to have Czech translation. I know it is probably not worth the costs, but you could leave the translations to community. :)

I support this for morbid curiosity's sake. Projekt: Věčnost FTW!

I don't see how that's so radically different from Проект Вечность.

Well, I can't read azbuka :)

Clarifying edit: I can read this, but that's because of the context.

Edited by evdk

Say no to popamole!

I would love to have Czech translation. I know it is probably not worth the costs, but you could leave the translations to community. :)

I support this for morbid curiosity's sake. Projekt: Věčnost FTW!

I don't see how that's so radically different from Проект Вечность.

The difference is that for the life of mine, I can't read your version.

And they say it's difficult to learn languages. Three languages - three almost identical phrases: Projekt Wieczność ;)

In Serbo-Croatian: Projekt Vječnost.

But hey, judging how difficult it is to learn languages by comparing Slavic languages is kind of cheating.

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

How about we start comparing Finno-Ugric languages?

Finnish: Hanke Ikuisuus

Hungarian: Terv Örökkévalóság

Edited by Veeno

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

No matter which language translations Obsidian will provide/support, there will always be players who will want the game translated to their "obscure" language.

So, I wonder if Obsidian will either accept/allow volunteer community translations to those languages, or make it possible for modders to add additional languages somehow.

If that's the case, I might volunteer to do the translation for my country - there is no chance if will make any business sense, but it would be a nice project.

See? Now we can talk about difficulties in second language acquisition ;)

(you don't happen to speak Finnish or Hungarian, do you?)

So, I wonder if Obsidian will either accept/allow volunteer community translations to those languages, or make it possible for modders to add additional languages somehow.

Update #16 - "We also plan on releasing localization tools to let communities around the world create localized versions for languages we are not translating Project Eternity into."

Update #16 - "We also plan on releasing localization tools to let communities around the world create localized versions for languages we are not translating Project Eternity into."

I hope they will release this tool before game is published. :)

For Finnish Projekti Ikuisuus is better translation and you can always go with Projekti iäisyys if you want to use difficult word's to non-finns to say :)

I can't say anything about Hungarian version.

Edited by Elerond

For Finnish Projekti Ikuisuus is better translation and you can always go with Projekti iäisyys if you want to use difficult word's to non-finns to say :)

I was just going by what Google Translate spat at me for "project" and "eternity". XD

Edited by Veeno

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

I was just going by what Google Translate spat at me for "project" and "eternity". XD

Google translate don't know Finnish very well it usally does very funny translations even for simplest phrases. As it nearly always uses wrong translation for context and in wrong grammatical case.

Google translate don't know Finnish very well it usally does very funny translations even for simplest phrases. As it nearly always uses wrong translation for context and in wrong grammatical case.

I know, machine translations always do that, but since "Project Eternity" is basically just two words on their own, I was hoping it would be able to correctly translate each word separately.

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

I know, machine translations always do that, but since "Project Eternity" is basically just two words on their own, I was hoping it would be able to correctly translate each word separately.

You can translate project to hanke, suunnitelma, heijastaa, projisoida, projisioida, langeta, työkohde in Finnish, but contextually projekti is best translation in case of Project Eternity. So it is understable that machine translation don't get best possible translation (as you said) from only two words which preffer to not commonly know subject as it can't determine context where they are used.

No matter which language translations Obsidian will provide/support, there will always be players who will want the game translated to their "obscure" language.

If that's the case, I might volunteer to do the translation for my country - there is no chance if will make any business sense, but it would be a nice project.

No Sir, i personally not talking about a strange and obscure language like Congolese or old Babilonese, i'm talking about a language (Italian) which is inside every ****in MULTI5 format in videogames industry.

You cannot compare those things.

I would like to listen to germans or french if their language would not have supported.

If italian language is not so important, why 80% of the translated games have it supported?

• Like 4

No Sir, i personally not talking about a strange and obscure language like Congolese or old Babilonese, i'm talking about a language (Italian) which is inside every ****in MULTI5 format in videogames industry.

ahahah you're right, IMHO what you said is as much fun as disconcerting. I no longer know what to say about it, except that our language is the most beautiful in the world, with or without the obsidian's consideration :)

• Like 3

--- Nimrod of the Obsidian Order ---

And they say it's difficult to learn languages. Three languages - three almost identical phrases: Projekt Wieczność ;)

In Serbo-Croatian: Projekt Vječnost.

But hey, judging how difficult it is to learn languages by comparing Slavic languages is kind of cheating.

That's why I wasn't entirely serious :)

Learn english

learn to live and to make your own business

When Italians make a game I would like to play I will consider it. Until then not interested.

EDIT: And DaWu, I used this troll first, find your own shtick.

Edited by evdk

Say no to popamole!

Considering that Obsidian has said that they would welcome help as far as translations are concerned I'd like to see it get translated into as many languages as people are willing to help translate it into. I'd like to see Italian, Latin American Spanish and Portuguese translations first and foremost so long as the money for it is there. If the money isn't there I hope they help out fans who are willing to help translate it in anyway they can.

• Like 1

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.