1697 members have voted

1. 1. Translation to which languages should be a priority in your opinion (in addition to English, French, German and Spanish, which are already confirmed)?

• Dutch
    • Chinese
    • Italian
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Portuguese
    • Polish
    • Russian
    • Turkish
    • Other (specify in comments)

In the Update #16 it has been said:

We also plan on releasing localization tools to let communities around the world create localized versions for languages we are not translating Project Eternity into.

They could changed this sentence in: "Italians, you are on your own. If you want to play PE in your language... you have to translate the entire game."

It's a pity. In Italy there are many people who loves RPGs. As a matter of fact, I know 4 people that now are translating Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Overhaul Games, and I know another person who translated Legend of Grimrock (unfortunately, Almost Human has ignored him e his work). Other people are working (for free) with Fargo to translate Wasteland 2.

We are ignored... But it's not a problem, because it doesn't exist a great RPG that it's not translated in Italian. To make simple examples, the ITP (Italian Translation Project) has translated Planescape: Torment, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (plus expansions), Divine Divinity, and Arcanum.

Ragfox has translated Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines has been translated in Italian too. Even TES IV: Oblivion, which was released translated in Italian (very badly), has been translated in a very better way. Tha same happened for Baldur's Gate II.

However, @Obsidian, if you have spent so much money to translate the game in 5 languages, I'm totally sure that you can afford an other language, and to make us save a lot of time and work.

I don' t doubt that in one way or another at last we' ll have a translation, but I think that osidian should enter the Italian localization even just in principle ... otherwise what good would this poll?

come on obsidian, do not disappoint us...I trust in you :)

• Like 2

--- Nimrod of the Obsidian Order ---

Localization

However, @Obsidian, if you have spent so much money to translate the game in 5 languages, I'm totally sure that you can afford an other language, and to make us save a lot of time and work.

And remember, the money you spend, is our money. Please, be reasonable.

I agree with you. Let me add something:

Localization for movies and games is usually done outside the original production/development studio. It's done by third-party companies in the target countries.

So if the people at obsidian decided to make an italian translation for PE they wouldn't have to do it themselves, they would have just to pay the right company to do that. No manpower taken away from the game developmant then, just some money spent on a translation.

Edited by Rahelron
  • Like 2

I and many other Italians waiting for the announcement of the Italian version to contribute

hope that obsidian not make the mistake of not giving us the translation, lose big contributions

I can agree with you, but i and - i suppose - other people from Italy already contributed to the fundraising hoping that Obsidian decides to "give away" the localization to the Italians...and because i want to play that game (even in english), obviously! :)

Bandit of the Obsidian Order
image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100
animaliacustici.tumblr.com

Nationality is one of the information requested to register on Kickstarter, it should not be that hard for Obsidian folks to check the total share of the Italian backers.

I personally pledged 50 bucks for this project, and I am pretty sure that the overall Italian contribution is definitively importamt...I really hope to see the game and all the extra-goodies translated in my own language (which is Italian, just in case it was not clear ;) )

• Like 4

Marcoon76 it shouldnt be checked on how many players from that specific country backed, if you go that way then i have backed 160$ and i am from Turkey. The poll already shows that there is a high demand/potential in Turkish translation, and a team in Turkey is already translating Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, probably there are more games that have been trasnlated to Turkish i just don't follow/know.

• Like 1

Marcoon76 it shouldnt be checked on how many players from that specific country backed, if you go that way then i have backed 160$ and i am from Turkey. The poll already shows that there is a high demand/potential in Turkish translation, and a team in Turkey is already translating Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, probably there are more games that have been trasnlated to Turkish i just don't follow/know.

I agree with your point: maybe it's not just the "number of backers", but also the "total amount pledged", but STILL Obsidian should check the statistics by Country, imho.

If Turkey "wins" over Italy I am ok with that, what I mean is that the most "active" Country should be rewarded with a proper translation (in addition to the poll results)

Nationality is one of the information requested to register on Kickstarter, it should not be that hard for Obsidian folks to check the total share of the Italian backers.

I personally pledged 50 bucks for this project, and I am pretty sure that the overall Italian contribution is definitively importamt...I really hope to see the game and all the extra-goodies translated in my own language (which is Italian, just in case it was not clear ;) )

beautiful words ... just hope that all Italians who voted have contributed with an amount at least equal to your

• Like 2

--- Nimrod of the Obsidian Order ---