1697 members have voted

1. 1. Translation to which languages should be a priority in your opinion (in addition to English, French, German and Spanish, which are already confirmed)?

• Dutch
    • Chinese
    • Italian
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Portuguese
    • Polish
    • Russian
    • Turkish
    • Other (specify in comments)

Why would I want to learn a soon to be 3rd world language?

For the sake of knowledge, of course. In our schools we love to learn dead languages (latin and greek) as well, for the same reason.

Edited by max8472
  • Like 1

"I feel stronger"

Learn English.

i know english, but i prefer to play in my lenguage.. ITALIAN!!!

quindi se proprio vuoi vai tu ad imparare la mia lingua, io almeno la tua la sò :)

i dont know. knowledge? to keep the brain working maybe.

the third world? i dont care..what worries me is the third world inside the brain of certain people...

For the sake of knowledge, of couse. In our schools we love to learn dead languages (latin and greek) as well, for the same reason.

Latin and Greek in standard curriculum? If so, colour me impressed. If not, then it's about as relevant as me studying Spanish just because.

Say no to popamole!

For the sake of knowledge, of couse. In our schools we love to learn dead languages (latin and greek) as well, for the same reason.

Latin and Greek in standard curriculum? If so, colour me impressed. If not, then it's about as relevant as me studying Spanish just because.

prestidigitator says for knowledge, not for curriculum.. the difference is not so little.. i have meet so many people whit a great curriculum and small brain

We have many types of high schools, in some only latin is standard, in others both latin and greek, anyway them both are mandatory if you want to teach italian. Latin have the same structure of italian of course, so through its understanding you can master italian as well. Without studying latin, few italians truly understand our beloved language. We don't study latin and greek to speak these tongues, we do to better understand classic literature and our native language that, in fact, is an evolution of latin in structure with plenty of greek words (greek conquered/occupied the southern part of italian peninsula at some point in the history). Many english words derives from those languages as well, as you certainly know.

Edited by max8472
  • Like 1

"I feel stronger"

Hi, I'm working as a project manager ar 23 Studios, Turkey's leading game localization studio. RPGs are my obsession as a gamer and my specialty as as an interpreter. My last RPG project was The Witcher 2 (apart from several MMORPGs). Knowing that Obsidian is working on a RPG in the veins of legendary IE games is a dream that comes true for me, and I definitely want to work on the Turkish localization if Obsidian will decide to localize the game into Turkish. I can easily say you can't find more professional and experienced localization company in Turkey than us.

Gökhan Hali Düzgün

Project Manager at 23 Studios

gokhan@23studios.org

This.

Dat!

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Wow. Interesting how huge the Italian support has become.

Also just interesting, generally, to see where support for Western RPGs lies, in the western world.

It was a bit of a surprise to many of us in the original Infinity Engine games' time and in their subsequent history, just how big Poland would become in RPGs via CD Projekt. It was thanks to a Polish project, after all, that the English speaking world got to revisit its favourite 10-15 year old PC RPGs (through GoG).

But it doesn't feel like Italy's ever made its mark, in game development. Yet, plenty of support from the fans, seems like. And good to see it.

Edited by Yst

Wow. Interesting how huge the Italian support has become.

Also just interesting, generally, to see where support for Western RPGs lies, in the western world.

The poll is not a good representation any more. Before the Polish and Russian translations were confirmed, Polish was no. 1 and Russian no. 2...Since those versions are now confirmed people just stopped voting on them.

Edited by norolim

I believe it's time to give up. We Italians have overtaken Polish and Russians, but no news has came about the translation.

Sod it! So many votes for nothing...

This is taken from faq:

What languages will Project Eternity be in?

The initial release will be in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, and Polish. We are also looking for ways of translating the game for our fans all over the rest of the world. As we have more information and our funding increases, we’ll make sure to keep everyone update on what languages will be coming with Project Eternity.

I think that Italian translation will not be announced before the ending of kickstart, BUT, depending on how many request they will receive from Italians and depending on how much money they have received, it's possible that they will add it officially in final version.

So if someone is interested in an Italian localizazion of the game it's time to say it to Obsidian here in this forum and in their Facebook page!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Ok, I want to be propositive, Obsidian should give us a hope: put Italian translation as a goal for 3.6M !

Yes it's very hard but this will be a "win-win" solution !!

3,6 M goal?? I think there are already enough money and votes in this poll for the italian's localization..

mica siamo l'ultima ruota del carro!

• Like 3

--- Nimrod of the Obsidian Order ---

In the Update #16 it has been said:

We also plan on releasing localization tools to let communities around the world create localized versions for languages we are not translating Project Eternity into.

They could changed this sentence in: "Italians, you are on your own. If you want to play PE in your language... you have to translate the entire game."

It's a pity. In Italy there are many people who loves RPGs. As a matter of fact, I know 4 people that now are translating Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Overhaul Games, and I know another person who translated Legend of Grimrock (unfortunately, Almost Human has ignored him e his work). Other people are working (for free) with Fargo to translate Wasteland 2.

We are ignored... But it's not a problem, because it doesn't exist a great RPG that it's not translated in Italian. To make simple examples, the ITP (Italian Translation Project) has translated Planescape: Torment, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (plus expansions), Divine Divinity, and Arcanum.

Ragfox has translated Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines has been translated in Italian too. Even TES IV: Oblivion, which was released translated in Italian (very badly), has been translated in a very better way. Tha same happened for Baldur's Gate II.

However, @Obsidian, if you have spent so much money to translate the game in 5 languages, I'm totally sure that you can afford an other language, and to make us save a lot of time and work.

And remember, the money you spend, is our money. Please, be reasonable.

Edited by Gann
  • Like 3