1697 members have voted

1. 1. Translation to which languages should be a priority in your opinion (in addition to English, French, German and Spanish, which are already confirmed)?

• Dutch
    • Chinese
    • Italian
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Portuguese
    • Polish
    • Russian
    • Turkish
    • Other (specify in comments)

It's not such important matter if the optional/italian translation could be a fan made or a official/cheap one.

The important matter about it is the release at D1 of this translation.

I'm able to read and understand english better I'm able to write it, but there are limits. A full-dialogue based videogame like PE could be too hard to understand everything.

Yes, I could understand the classes description, or spells and skills one, but I could follow in the best way every dialogue I start or every choice I've to do? I don't think.

• Like 1

I agree with Rahelron, some gamesellers in Italy won't sell only-english games(such as Mediaworld, which is one of the biggest Italian tech seller)

Are you sure about that? I work for MediaMarket (company that owns both Mediaworld and Saturn) and I didn't know such a thing.

Though I tend to buy from foreign online shops.

the Italian language has reassembled much compared to the others.

The Italian wants to play in Italian

Just because there are a ****load of us that do not know the english language.

It's not entirely our fault.

If public schools don't teach english as a primary matter, I can play every videogame in english and see every movie in english, I will never be able to understand a full-dialogue based RPG.

It's like play D&D with american/english peoples. Maybe you can, but I can't.

And I've played several RPG in english, such as system shock 2, deus ex invisible war and Vampire Bloodlines.

But I did stop me to play Arcanum until the italian translation released.

By the way, I'm going to buy Torment on GoG.com to prepare me to die XD

Edited by Wardevil
  • Like 1

Hi, I'm working as a project manager ar 23 Studios, Turkey's leading game localization studio. RPGs are my obsession as a gamer and my specialty as as an interpreter. My last RPG project was The Witcher 2 (apart from several MMORPGs). Knowing that Obsidian is working on a RPG in the veins of legendary IE games is a dream that comes true for me, and I definitely want to work on the Turkish localization if Obsidian will decide to localize the game into Turkish. I can easily say you can't find more professional and experienced localization company in Turkey than us.

Gökhan Hali Düzgün

Project Manager at 23 Studios

gokhan@23studios.org

• Like 1

It's not entirely our fault.

If public schools don't teach english as a primary matter, I can play every videogame in english and see every movie in english, I will never be able to understand a full-dialogue based RPG.

It's like play D&D with american/english peoples. Maybe you can, but I can't.

And I've played several RPG in english, such as system shock 2, deus ex invisible war and Vampire Bloodlines.

But I did stop me to play Arcanum until the italian translation released.

By the way, I'm going to buy Torment on GoG.com to prepare me to die XD

Tell me about it. I only did 4 years of english and I never got good grades.

I started learning it with Final Fantasy VII. And, I have to say, Barret was a b*tch to understand.

Hi, I'm working as a project manager ar 23 Studios, Turkey's leading game localization studio. RPGs are my obsession as a gamer and my specialty as as an interpreter. My last RPG project was The Witcher 2 (apart from several MMORPGs). Knowing that Obsidian is working on a RPG in the veins of legendary IE games is a dream that comes true for me, and I definitely want to work on the Turkish localization if Obsidian will decide to localize the game into Turkish. I can easily say you can't find more professional and experienced localization company in Turkey than us.

Gökhan Hali Düzgün

gokhan@23studios.org

This.

Gökhan Hali Düzgün

gokhan@23studios.org

I suggest you to send a private message or mail to some of the developer in case they miss this post. Or you could even stalk Feargus on the comments section of the Kickstarter page. He is online quite often and reply to many questions every day.

Edited by DocDoomII

I agree with Rahelron, some gamesellers in Italy won't sell only-english games(such as Mediaworld, which is one of the biggest Italian tech seller)

Are you sure about that? I work for MediaMarket (company that owns both Mediaworld and Saturn) and I didn't know such a thing.

Though I tend to buy from foreign online shops.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure, I've started buying online because of this fact.

About Saturn, onestely don't know.

Edited by Anthair

this poll is nice and all but probably not that accurate :)

i think obsidian can derive location data from the backers' locations.

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

They have also to consider this: why so few Italian backers ?

Many people from Italy may have only a basic english knowledge or may be they just prefer an Italian native version... all of them are still waiting for the official announce of Italian support before buying the game.

So... 5 days left for announcing Italian support and getting money from many Italian customers.

• Like 2

They have also to consider this: why so few Italian backers ?

Many people from Italy may have only a basic english knowledge or may be they just prefer an Italian native version... all of them are still waiting for the official announce of Italian support before buying the game.

So... 5 days left for announcing Italian support and getting money from many Italian customers.

Exsat

I hope that Obsidian changes her mind, and give us an italian translation. But i wouldn't bet on it, as i wouldn't bet on reaching last big stretch goals (glad to be wrong).

Guys, do you want to know the truth? Probably in Italy most players could play in english, but they are not interested in the project because of the lack of localization: French have the translation, so Germans and also Spaniards...but not us. Therefore many players here* simply don't want to support the game, because...the game doesn't support them.

Personally, i pledged the maximum that i could, and i think it's the right thing to do.

* in Italy

Edited by Sempavor
  • Like 2

Bandit of the Obsidian Order
image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100
animaliacustici.tumblr.com

Sorry for bad English,I'm using Google translation.

Why Italians are always treated badly?

Italian is one of the most important languages ​​of Europe,

should be granted support for this language.

if the game isn't Italian I will not have the opportunity to buy it and play it.

• Like 3

I apologize for my bad english: I'm french, and I voted russian, italian and polish. I hope we could get an italian translation for our italians neighbors.

Edited by Eljei
  • Like 3

Blademaster of the Obsidian Order