1697 members have voted

1. 1. Translation to which languages should be a priority in your opinion (in addition to English, French, German and Spanish, which are already confirmed)?

• Dutch
    • Chinese
    • Italian
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Portuguese
    • Polish
    • Russian
    • Turkish
    • Other (specify in comments)

I'm portuguese and I would specifically order the game in English if it was translated into Portuguese. I hate translated/dubbed games and movies. But I understand many people don't know enough English to be able to play a game with a lot of text, so I hope everyone gets their needs satisfied.

I'm sure you'll have the choice of playing the game in the language of your choosing.

Anyway, I'll gladly be part of a Polish translation team. I already have experience with translating games, and I'm sure working directly with the developer on it (as opposed to a Polish publisher, who is in contact with original publisher, with pretty much no contact with the devs to help out with ambiguities) will help make it much better than usual.

I'll be thrilled to participate in Polish translation too, if of course Obsidian decide to give it a green light. I have some experience in translating pen&paper RPG's and will enjoy to be part of localization team if ever assembled :no:

Well, I'm responsible for Polish Planescape: Torment, BG2, NWN, and over 200 other games, and I'd be delighted if I could work on the game. Let's keep our fingers crossed so that Obsidian adds Polish, Russian and Italian to the next stretch tier.

As for PST Polish translation, It's the only case I enjoyed it even better than English original. It was truly magnificent work You guys have done :bow: BG1 and BG2 translations was also excellent. Having such profs ready to handle PE localization makes me even more eager to join such team if it will be ever possible. So as Ryslaw said let's keep our fingers crossed :no:

@Gerardo That's true. It's hard to get from people where they are from though. However, we should have something cool to announce on Russian and Polish really soon.

Oct. 02, 2012 on Project Eternity.

Where they have written? No Italian? I'm really disappointed. :(

• Like 1

Dea Mortis, iuravi, Carissimam servaturum, Dea Mortis, servabo, ut tempora recte ducam

Steam: Ryuuzaaki | PSN: x_-Ryuzaki-_x | Live: Yorudoragon | Wii: 1179 5373 5105 2010 | BattleTag: Ryuzaki#2821

@Gerardo That's true. It's hard to get from people where they are from though. However, we should have something cool to announce on Russian and Polish really soon.

Kickstarter, you can click on the creator link to view all Obsidian's comments, they've made a lot.

Kickstarter, you can click on the creator link to view all Obsidian's comments, they've made a lot.

I have seen, thank you.

But exactly where they are exposed those questions from users?

Dea Mortis, iuravi, Carissimam servaturum, Dea Mortis, servabo, ut tempora recte ducam

Steam: Ryuuzaaki | PSN: x_-Ryuzaki-_x | Live: Yorudoragon | Wii: 1179 5373 5105 2010 | BattleTag: Ryuzaki#2821

i would easly expand my pledge for Ryslaw's translation into polish. Hard to believe, but his versions has better text than original...

True :) Polish translation of PS:T was the best translation ever seen.

Edited by Sakhar

I have seen, thank you.

But exactly where they are exposed those questions from users?

There's tabs at the top of the project: Home, Updates, Backers, and Comments. Comments is the main page for comments on the project. Each update in the Updates tab also has comments. Only logged in backers can post comments.

Sorry, a stupid question : Where is the creator link i don't found that link. Can anybody help me please.

Sorry, a stupid question : Where is the creator link i don't found that link. Can anybody help me please.

On the project page, between Project Eternity and You're a backer, it's "by Obsidian Entertainment".

On the project page, between Project Eternity and You're a backer, it's "by Obsidian Entertainment".

Thanks i have found it ;)

hello, i'm offering myself as italian translator.

never translated anything, but i have a real fixation for RPG and always played in english (pen and paper AND PC games)

i have not a clue on where to go to present myself as a translator, so i'm posting here :-)

looking VERY forward to this game: a tear crossed my cheeck when i saw obsidian was on this project as memories of BG were coming back at me :-)

I voted Russian and Polish for two reasons:

One because the switch of characters is going to make the translation a bit trickier than from other Romantic alphabet using languages so it may be best if this is done with official support so our Eastern European friends don't need to worry about characters not fitting in boxes right et ketra and having to mod a whole lot more than words in if they'd like to translate themselves.

Two because I've seen many Russian forumers talking about and asking for translation/localization, and Polish is also often mentioned in the discussion. Going off the poll I'd say there's definitely an interest or at least a shared perception that that's something a number of fans will want.

CORSAIR, n. A politician of the seas. ~The Devil's Dictionary

I voted Russian and Polish for two reasons:

One because the switch of characters is going to make the translation a bit trickier than from other Romantic alphabet using languages so it may be best if this is done with official support so our Eastern European friends don't need to worry about characters not fitting in boxes right et ketra and having to mod a whole lot more than words in if they'd like to translate themselves.

Two because I've seen many Russian forumers talking about and asking for translation/localization, and Polish is also often mentioned in the discussion. Going off the poll I'd say there's definitely an interest or at least a shared perception that that's something a number of fans will want.

Thanks for your support for Polish translation, mate. Although I'm not expecting too many problems with Polish alphabet. We are using latin script. Same as English, more or less.

Thanks for your support for Polish translation, mate. Although I'm not expecting too many problems with Polish alphabet. We are using latin script. Same as English, more or less.

Nonsense, that's just a communist ploy!

Say no to popamole!