What do you want to see in Eternity

So the game is high fantasy. It supposedly has demons, magic, late medieval era technology. Probably elves dwarves and all that jazz. But what would you want to see in Eternity?

I noticed the game has adventuring parties and and lot of philosophical debating going on between the cultures of the world about the answers to souls and life w.e. So I thought how cool would it be to go into realms far out there like outer space. Space adventurers from the cosmos your party can encounter! What input will they have on the whole souls thing

Space? not exactly in keeping with the High Fantasy theme, is it Failion?

What I want to see is a homage to Icewind Dale, a region that is a frozen landscape where tough people live off the wild dangerous land in small communities. Actually to hell with what I want to see, I am off to play it again!

I'm looking forward to LOTS of variant spells from the usual espciially non combat spells. I like the talk of teleportation and hope it is included in some way in the spell. Of coruse, the usual suspects like fireball should be included but some less common ones would be sweet.

I hope there is a major quest involving dwarves because dwarves rock!! And, I hope the different subraces of each race are coolio.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What I want to see is a homage to Icewind Dale, a region that is a frozen landscape where tough people live off the wild dangerous land in small communities. Actually to hell with what I want to see, I am off to play it again!

It can seem like outer space but the adventurers still use sword and sorcery. It would be interesting to see the developers incorporate bizarre oddities like outer space as we know it in their game but make it fit with their world and lore they are creating.

:lol:

I was just about to enter Kresselack's tomb last night before heading to bed ;)

Hmm, somebody once mentioned a post apocalyptic fantasy setting. I wouldn't mind a bleak and hopeless world along the lines of WH40K, just with medieval technology levels. Gothic structures, flagellants preaching doom and gloom in the streets, limited resources that petty lords squabble and fight over, zealots burning every heathen and heretic they can put their hands on, generally a setting where human (and non human) life is cheap and often brutally short. Heck, it should be a challenge to survive a trip to the nearest well for a bucket of water without being eaten by mutants and outcasts.

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I want a well-written, fun-to-play game, that rewards cleverness, punishes stupidity and keeps me engrossed for about 40 to 80 hours on a single play-through, but that also has enough twists and turns that I'll want to play it in an entirely different way a couple or three more times ... and then I'll play it the first way again just for fun.

Is that too much to ask?

• Like 2

* Hot Elf Chicks ©

* Fireballs

* Insane evil demonic statues with rubies for eyes

* Dungeons

* Loot

* More loot

* Epic battles

* Bar-room brawls

* Gory combat animations and uber-gibbing

* Poison

* Traps

* Exploring and wandering about

* Good music

* Rust monsters

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

:lol:

I was just about to enter Kresselack's tomb last night before heading to bed ;)

Hmm, somebody once mentioned a post apocalyptic fantasy setting. I wouldn't mind a bleak and hopeless world along the lines of WH40K, just with medieval technology levels. Gothic structures, flagellants preaching doom and gloom in the streets, limited resources that petty lords squabble and fight over, zealots burning every heathen and heretic they can put their hands on, generally a setting where human (and non human) life is cheap and often brutally short. Heck, it should be a challenge to survive a trip to the nearest well for a bucket of water without being eaten by mutants and outcasts.

This sounds extremely interesting, would like to see it happen in some game in the near future

minichart.png

I want a well-written, fun-to-play game, that rewards cleverness, punishes stupidity and keeps me engrossed for about 40 to 80 hours on a single play-through, but that also has enough twists and turns that I'll want to play it in an entirely different way a couple or three more times ... and then I'll play it the first way again just for fun.

Is that too much to ask?

This is what I'd love to see, too.

Do you like hardcore realistic survival simulations? Take a gander at this.