Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Project Eternity Excitement Song - Forum Edition!

Project Eternity Bard Songs Music Community

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Armand

Armand

Meistersinger of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Thanks man. Got me all excited! :D

Yeah, been a while since the last song. The previous ones were filmed hardly a day apart. But I've been busy recording my own music and doing shows in Sweden. Then the weather in Stockholm got ubercold, and I caught a horrible cold and couldn't talk proper, let alone sing, for over a week.

I'll manage a song before the campaign's over though. That's for sure. Just need choose the theme. There's almost too many good subjects to choose from now! Heh.

Papylon

Papylon

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Stealer of Sould should really be featured in the game in some capacity, really nice work!

Armand

Armand

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Thanks Papylon!

I think I've decided on one of the parts of the final song. I'd like to feature a chanter, or even make the last song a chant of some kind. Might be wierd though, but they sound like a really interesting class!

mstark

mstark

Oblivious of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Just found out about your songs, and listened to them several times over :D

I like all of them, but Stealer of Souls has that extra little tease! It truly feels like it could be part of the PE universe... a superstitious story? Maybe you'd tell your child about the Stealer of Souls, if they don't behave?

:)
  • Armand likes this

Armand

Armand

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Thanks a bunch mstark!

Yes!! And you have to look your child in the eyes during the whole song, and make scary faces. That would be awesome! #scaremychildtosleepeverynight #IwillbeagoodparentIswear

mstark

mstark

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thanks a bunch mstark!

Yes!! And you have to look your child in the eyes during the whole song, and make scary faces. That would be awesome! #scaremychildtosleepeverynight #IwillbeagoodparentIswear

#therecanneverbetoomanyhashtags #hashtagsrule #youwin

Hormalakh

Hormalakh

Lone Locust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1981 posts
Hey Armand! Very awesome. I'm thinking that most bards played the songs of their people (pesare Irani!) ;P But honestly, most bards would play songs that were historical narratives. They would play songs of heroes past and kings long since dead. It would be really awesome if we knew more about the lore of the PE and that you would be singing about their lives.

For example, it would be great to hear a song about Od Nua and his endless halls (unlike his very ending life). You know, somethign that tells us about the history of Dyrwood or the elves. Od Nua's halls might be nice. There must be rumors afterall of the location of Od Nua's endless halls that high-lored chanters would know about.

mstark

mstark

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

it would be great to hear a song about Od Nua and his endless halls (unlike his very ending life).

Now that sounds like a song and a half for a bard!

Armand

Armand

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I know I should do my research and all, and I have been reading a whole lot! But some parts I skipped, feeling like they were mildly spoilerish. I wanted the game to tell me during the course of my adventure. Hence, I've skipped reading about Od Nua. :o But that's a great suggestion!

mstark

mstark

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Sometimes, stories are made better by ignorance, if the storyteller is good enough ;)

(oh, and I used to live in Stockholm, great place :) )

Edited by mstark, 12 October 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Hormalakh

Hormalakh

• Members
  • 1981 posts
There are a bunch of posts about lies and falsification and how that can play a role in enriching the PE universe. Who says bards can't lie? Especially bards who really know the truth but like to lie through their grimy pointy teeth at unsuspecting adventurers who pay handsomely for false information?

I want a gritty lie-filled song about how Od Nua lies in the center of Thein Bog and its true location will only be shown to those who venture there on the eve of the full moon of the harvest festival (all lies of course).

Armand

Armand

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I want a gritty lie-filled song about how Od Nua lies in the center of Thein Bog and its true location will only be shown to those who venture there on the eve of the full moon of the harvest festival (all lies of course).

See now I'm confused. #insertimageofFryaskingnotsureifspoilersorlies

You have some really great ideas though dude. Lying bards huh? *scribbles in little notebook*

Hormalakh

Hormalakh

• Members
  • 1981 posts

See now I'm confused. #insertimageofFryaskingnotsureifspoilersorlies

You have some really great ideas though dude. Lying bards huh? *scribbles in little notebook*

Well, you see Armand, this bard he's not just a liar. He really has no choice. His family has been captured by the local militia and he's been threatened to find a group of adventurers who are willing to risk life and limb to venture to Thein Bog (its in the PE universe, check out the map, bottom right, in the Thein area) to find and fight the monsters there. The militia is too weak to handle the monsters and have stooped to bullying the local people to find heroes. He really has no choice. The local adventurer's hall is always brimming with dim-witted folks who keep asking about where this "endless Hall of Od Nua" is, and how they really want to get rich by looting every last crevice of that place. Of course, this poor bard (his teeth are grimy and pointy because of his poor diet and lack of dental hygiene - he really is poor) had no choice but to lie to them. Because ... family, right? Family always comes first....

At least that's the story he's telling to a group of adventurers who just barged into the Adventurer's Hall, soaking with swamp water and stinking to high heaven, wanting to cut our poor bard's neck. Of course, when they let him go, you can't be sure if he's grinning or not. The only way to find out is to either take him on his word or to ignore the ramblings of the crazy bard in the adventurer's hall...

Edit: Some girl named "Meri" brushes past you and sits by the soaking adventurers. The whole hall bursts into racuous laughter.

Edited by Hormalakh, 12 October 2012 - 05:23 PM.

• mstark likes this

Farudan

Farudan

Caretaker of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 120 posts
Hey Armand,

we all decided to get excited about this project and spread the word, so we are all "riding the band wagon". I think music is such an important thing in our lives and your music simply fits perfectly to this campaign. For me, it's inspiring and another piece to the whole picture of the community commitment seen during the whole campaign. Fans offering Obsidian help in all areas, pledging more than they have to, Obsidian reacting to the fan input, there is so much going on. So don't listen to the haters. They are always around, but mostly because they simply can't feel the passion of such a community campaign. You have to be part of it to understand. :)

On a side note: As a fellow brother of the Obsidian Order you have the right to a unique forum title. Just leave a note with your title wish here: http://forums.obsidi...nts-you-part-3/

May I propose Meistersänger of the Obsidian Order? :)
  • Armand likes this

Armand

Armand

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Farudan! The topic got "closed for length" so I can't apply for my Order title. I'd be glad with Meistersinger. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

ON ANOTHER NOTE! The song is happening! Right now! I just got home, and lo and behold I forgot my guitar at the rehearsal studio. But that's just fine. Josh did an a capella when he sang, so I figured I'd just do the same, or something.

So, I got the story! It's about a MURDEROUS ROBBER CHANTER. Backstory is this: he has robbed numerous people, mostly elves, by pacifying them with songs and stealing their belongings. If they have ever made any effort to fight back, he has killed them. Often by *gasp* making them kill themselves by manipulating them with his singing. Wooop!

Now, the husband of one of the murdered elves has caught him in the act, and he has brought a sword! He wants revenge! But he to, is soon bound by the Chanters song... What will happen?!?!

to be continued.

Edited by Armand, 15 October 2012 - 12:56 PM.

mstark

mstark

• Members
  • 553 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Sounds amazing :)

The new Obsidian Order thread is here: http://forums.obsidi...nts-you-part-4/
  • Armand likes this

Chaos Theory

Chaos Theory

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Neat stuff... Has anyone approached you about the $1k tier and possibly making a bard NPC for one of the taverns? Perhaps as part of that, Obsidian would let you pick a song (or two) as background music?

I'd be the first to help donate if Obsidian would allow it. I'm already in for a grand so I can design some armor, but for this, I'd do more.

Armand

Armand

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Heh, that's a fine idea friend, but I think it's a little too late for that now.

In any case. The songs finished. It's a little different than the previous songs, as it's an actual recording now, and I'll just set it to a background picture. Though, it's hardly of spectacular quality, as it's just recorded straight into the integrated microphone on my MacBook. But the 'feeling' is there, which is the most important part! :D

I'll post it as soon as it's uploaded! It's called "Chant of Murder", muhwaha!

Edited by Armand, 15 October 2012 - 02:14 PM.

Armand

Armand

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Here it is! With exactly 24 hours to go, I give you the last song before the Kickstarter runs out! Hope you like it everyone! Thanks for an amazing campaign!

norolim

norolim

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
This doesn't sound as bardish as the previous songs, but I guess it's intentional. And it's the best one so far. Don't let the end of the campaign stop you. There is an extremely long development period before we can play the game. I don't think we can handle the wait without the help of our community bard ;)
  • Armand likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project Eternity, Bard, Songs, Music, Community

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users