Project Eternity Excitement Song - Forum Edition!

There are a bunch of posts about lies and falsification and how that can play a role in enriching the PE universe. Who says bards can't lie? Especially bards who really know the truth but like to lie through their grimy pointy teeth at unsuspecting adventurers who pay handsomely for false information?

I want a gritty lie-filled song about how Od Nua lies in the center of Thein Bog and its true location will only be shown to those who venture there on the eve of the full moon of the harvest festival (all lies of course).

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

I want a gritty lie-filled song about how Od Nua lies in the center of Thein Bog and its true location will only be shown to those who venture there on the eve of the full moon of the harvest festival (all lies of course).

See now I'm confused. #insertimageofFryaskingnotsureifspoilersorlies

You have some really great ideas though dude. Lying bards huh? *scribbles in little notebook*

Like music? Check out my original Project Eternity songs: Project Eternity Excitement Song

See now I'm confused. #insertimageofFryaskingnotsureifspoilersorlies

You have some really great ideas though dude. Lying bards huh? *scribbles in little notebook*

Well, you see Armand, this bard he's not just a liar. He really has no choice. His family has been captured by the local militia and he's been threatened to find a group of adventurers who are willing to risk life and limb to venture to Thein Bog (its in the PE universe, check out the map, bottom right, in the Thein area) to find and fight the monsters there. The militia is too weak to handle the monsters and have stooped to bullying the local people to find heroes. He really has no choice. The local adventurer's hall is always brimming with dim-witted folks who keep asking about where this "endless Hall of Od Nua" is, and how they really want to get rich by looting every last crevice of that place. Of course, this poor bard (his teeth are grimy and pointy because of his poor diet and lack of dental hygiene - he really is poor) had no choice but to lie to them. Because ... family, right? Family always comes first....

At least that's the story he's telling to a group of adventurers who just barged into the Adventurer's Hall, soaking with swamp water and stinking to high heaven, wanting to cut our poor bard's neck. Of course, when they let him go, you can't be sure if he's grinning or not. The only way to find out is to either take him on his word or to ignore the ramblings of the crazy bard in the adventurer's hall...

Edit: Some girl named "Meri" brushes past you and sits by the soaking adventurers. The whole hall bursts into racuous laughter.

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 1

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Hey Armand,

we all decided to get excited about this project and spread the word, so we are all "riding the band wagon". I think music is such an important thing in our lives and your music simply fits perfectly to this campaign. For me, it's inspiring and another piece to the whole picture of the community commitment seen during the whole campaign. Fans offering Obsidian help in all areas, pledging more than they have to, Obsidian reacting to the fan input, there is so much going on. So don't listen to the haters. They are always around, but mostly because they simply can't feel the passion of such a community campaign. You have to be part of it to understand. :)

On a side note: As a fellow brother of the Obsidian Order you have the right to a unique forum title. Just leave a note with your title wish here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61188-the-obsidian-order-of-eternity-wants-you-part-3/

May I propose Meistersänger of the Obsidian Order? :)

• Like 1

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

Farudan! The topic got "closed for length" so I can't apply for my Order title. I'd be glad with Meistersinger. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

ON ANOTHER NOTE! The song is happening! Right now! I just got home, and lo and behold I forgot my guitar at the rehearsal studio. But that's just fine. Josh did an a capella when he sang, so I figured I'd just do the same, or something.

So, I got the story! It's about a MURDEROUS ROBBER CHANTER. Backstory is this: he has robbed numerous people, mostly elves, by pacifying them with songs and stealing their belongings. If they have ever made any effort to fight back, he has killed them. Often by *gasp* making them kill themselves by manipulating them with his singing. Wooop!

Now, the husband of one of the murdered elves has caught him in the act, and he has brought a sword! He wants revenge! But he to, is soon bound by the Chanters song... What will happen?!?!

to be continued.

Edited by Armand

Like music? Check out my original Project Eternity songs: Project Eternity Excitement Song

Neat stuff... Has anyone approached you about the $1k tier and possibly making a bard NPC for one of the taverns? Perhaps as part of that, Obsidian would let you pick a song (or two) as background music?

I'd be the first to help donate if Obsidian would allow it. I'm already in for a grand so I can design some armor, but for this, I'd do more.

Heh, that's a fine idea friend, but I think it's a little too late for that now.

In any case. The songs finished. It's a little different than the previous songs, as it's an actual recording now, and I'll just set it to a background picture. Though, it's hardly of spectacular quality, as it's just recorded straight into the integrated microphone on my MacBook. But the 'feeling' is there, which is the most important part! :D

I'll post it as soon as it's uploaded! It's called "Chant of Murder", muhwaha!

Edited by Armand

Here it is! With exactly 24 hours to go, I give you the last song before the Kickstarter runs out! Hope you like it everyone! Thanks for an amazing campaign!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqd9UcESbZ8&feature=player_detailpage&list=PL7tgU6dMph_DD2-XKVGQNlPc3M1Os3L4H

This doesn't sound as bardish as the previous songs, but I guess it's intentional. And it's the best one so far. Don't let the end of the campaign stop you. There is an extremely long development period before we can play the game. I don't think we can handle the wait without the help of our community bard ;)

• Like 1

Thank you so much norolim! Yeah, I left my guitar at the rehearsal studio a few days back, and then just forgot I had it there. So when I came home and wanted to write the song, I had to come up with something else to make up for the lack of my instrument of choice. :D Glad you like it!

Well, the forums have been busy lately, so I missed your topic Armand.

Sounds like you are trying a slightly different style for this song, I will admit I do prefer the simple guitar and singing more, much more bard like. But still a very impressive piece, your songs always conjure great visuals with their stories.

Great work!

• Like 1

It would be nice to have Armand as an in-game NPC chanter plying his trade as a bard.

For those that played Divinity 2: DKS, there was an NPC in your stronghold who would play some songs for you whenever you wanted to chillax. I think Armand would fit the same role quite nicely. Whenever we're busy crafting or sorting out inventory, having a bard play a nice selection of songs would be quite soothing, methinks. :yes:

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Hope you've all been doing good! I've been spending the year working on various projects. Got my own music label set up now in Stockholm! That's exciting, I guess. 

I still smile wide when I think back to the song we made together, and the energy these forums had during the Kickstarter. Much love to you all! 

Hey I actually did a search for this topic the other day using terms; music, song, inn, chant etc and it wasn't in any results...that is weird.  

Anyway I was wondering what happened to it, good to see you are still around.  I think the forums could use another song! :)