Project Eternity Excitement Song - Forum Edition!

Thanks again Aedelric! I really like Stealer Of Souls as well! It felt really special, as it came to me in my sleep. That has happened once or twice before, but it's still rare! I wanted to do something equally special when I filmed it, so, I took one of my scarves and made it act as a cloak! Haha. :grin:

And sorry if anyone felt like their name got pronounced wrong. You guys got some exotic names I'll tell you!

Farudan: I'll be sure to do a song about the Gods sooner or later! I salute the Order!

Like music? Check out my original Project Eternity songs: Project Eternity Excitement Song

I know many were very enamored with that first piece of concept art of the dwarven ranger, you could sing about how the arrows could not puncture the evil mages veil and his partner Edair the fighter used a pistol at close range to puncture the veil so an arrow could fly true or something? Don't know how you could maybe factor the whip into that too...

Just thought that kinda combines the party dynamics with the concept art and veil ideas. Just a thought.

I love your songs so far though (especially your last one) so I am sure whatever you decide to sing about will come out great!

Keep in mind that's a female Dwarf ranger (which is why it's so cool--the ultimate rarity because no one plays female Dwarves, c'mon). :p

I can't figure out why my sound isn't working at the moment so I'll look forward to watching the vid later.

Ah, fandom. See what PE is doing, Obsidian? No pressure at all. ;) (No, seriously, I wonder what sorts of clubs and cults will pop up by 2014.)

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

That was so awesome Armand! The names didn't seem forced in at all either, I am very impressed. This is probably tied for my second favorite with the sea monster song just a hair behind the stealer of souls. But yeah, loved it. Also thanks for the shout out at the end!

Keep up the great work!

Edited by dukeofyork
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone! :D Glad you like it! I'll be taking a small break now. So, next song will have to wait until sometime next week. I'll keep this thread and use it for future uploads. Who knows, I might need your help again in the future!

Like music? Check out my original Project Eternity songs: Project Eternity Excitement Song

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! The Kickstarter is coming to a close. The last few updates have been mindblowingly great. Specially the lore post and the stronghold stretch goal! I'm certain we'll reach it! :)

I hope to do atleast one more song before it all wraps up. Haven't decided yet on the mood of the song or its content, but I'd like to make it special, as it marks the end of the Kickstarter campaign. I just want to say yet again how much fun it's been to make and film these songs, and the community has been so kind to me. Thanks to all of you! And a special thanks to everyone at Obsidian Entertainment! Means so much to me that so many of you have taken the time to watch and even comment on some of the songs.

If I said I don't wish to be a part of the future of Project Eternity, in any shape or form, I'd be lying. But the feedback alone on the songs here, on youtube and on so many other forums, has made me feel like I'm very much a part of this wonderful group of enthusiasts, all wishing for Project Eternity to become a reality, and for it to become as much as it can possibly be. But it hasn't been all roses though.

Some have questioned my credibility as a gamer, calling me a hipster unfit to be a part of the Project Eternity world. Same thing happened when I featured MineCraft in one of my music videos. Many said I was just "riding the band wagon", this even though I'd been playing MineCraft since before the sponge block was added. I got a whole lot of unjust flak.

Gaming is and has since childhood been a great and beautiful part of my life. I grew up with a single mother, that took on way too many jobs at once to make sure we had food on the table, and she often worked late into the night. Gaming became my refuge. And it didn't end at just beating games. But really beating games. Finding -everything-. And if there was nothing to find, I'd try to get from beginning to end without losing a life. Once I had that down, I started doing speed runs. Not only did this keep me occupied for longer periods of time, but it made sure my mom didn't have to spend more money on buying new games all the time. It was a win-win approach. Later on though, as I got into infinity engine games, it almost became an obsession.. Loading and saving, loading and saving, countless playtroughs, to get every possible conversation outcome, every possible ending, with all companions etc etc...

So, I just want to let you know, I really am one of you. And I am very proud to be.

Wow, this became quite the wordy post, but I guess (hope) RPG players don't have the same problems many others have with reading long posts.

So thanks once again to one and all. I'll be doing one last song before the Kickstarter is over. From there, who knows. I'll certainly be following the development and lurking forums! :grin:

Take care!

/

Armand

• Like 1

-Sure-, people making music inspired by video games for sheer pleasure is just being a "hipster" or "jumping on the bandwagon . I can only roll my eyes so much to such comments, people have been making fan music for years, just because they suddenly hear of such now they think it is a fad. The Nevewinter games alone has hours and hours of fan music, might be hard to do but ignore such people Armand, they know not of what they speak.

As far as I am concerned, good music is good music, even the developers like what you made. You have four days till the end of the campaign, you better get get cracking Armand!

Been too long since your last Eternity piece, we have a lot more lore for you to be inspired by.

Thanks man. Got me all excited! :D

Yeah, been a while since the last song. The previous ones were filmed hardly a day apart. But I've been busy recording my own music and doing shows in Sweden. Then the weather in Stockholm got ubercold, and I caught a horrible cold and couldn't talk proper, let alone sing, for over a week.

I'll manage a song before the campaign's over though. That's for sure. Just need choose the theme. There's almost too many good subjects to choose from now! Heh.

Just found out about your songs, and listened to them several times over :D

I like all of them, but Stealer of Souls has that extra little tease! It truly feels like it could be part of the PE universe... a superstitious story? Maybe you'd tell your child about the Stealer of Souls, if they don't behave?

:)

• Like 1
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Thanks a bunch mstark!

Yes!! And you have to look your child in the eyes during the whole song, and make scary faces. That would be awesome! #scaremychildtosleepeverynight #IwillbeagoodparentIswear

#therecanneverbetoomanyhashtags #hashtagsrule #youwin
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Hey Armand! Very awesome. I'm thinking that most bards played the songs of their people (pesare Irani!) ;P But honestly, most bards would play songs that were historical narratives. They would play songs of heroes past and kings long since dead. It would be really awesome if we knew more about the lore of the PE and that you would be singing about their lives.

For example, it would be great to hear a song about Od Nua and his endless halls (unlike his very ending life). You know, somethign that tells us about the history of Dyrwood or the elves. Od Nua's halls might be nice. There must be rumors afterall of the location of Od Nua's endless halls that high-lored chanters would know about.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

it would be great to hear a song about Od Nua and his endless halls (unlike his very ending life).

Now that sounds like a song and a half for a bard!

I know I should do my research and all, and I have been reading a whole lot! But some parts I skipped, feeling like they were mildly spoilerish. I wanted the game to tell me during the course of my adventure. Hence, I've skipped reading about Od Nua. :o But that's a great suggestion!

Sometimes, stories are made better by ignorance, if the storyteller is good enough ;)

(oh, and I used to live in Stockholm, great place :) )

Edited by mstark