Project Eternity Excitement Song - Forum Edition!

Hi friends. My name is Armand, and I've been doing fan songs in the spirit of Project Eternity. I've done four songs so far, and would like your help in doing a fifth!

Let me know what you'd like me to sing about!

I'd really like to do something more specific to Project Eternity, but as information is scarce as of yet, I've sorta winged it on the info we've got. So far we've got one song about getting killed by sea monsters, as mentioned in Update #5, a song about a very skilled thief that I recorded for fun, and a song about a strange man that can steal your soul by placing his hand upon your head. I based this on the possibility of having multiple souls in your body at once, as also mentioned by Josh. I imagined a evil magic user of some kind, using Shang Tsung-esque powers to rip souls out, and collect them as his own to draw power from.

What could the next song be about? I've been thinking of singing about guns and the veil. Based on the mention of how gun users disable arcane veils in battles against mages by shooting them. Or maybe, a song about the Obsidian Order? Or about Edair's whip-lasso thing!?

All ideas welcome, as long as they are related to Project Eternity somehow.

I'll be sure to dedicate the song to the forums at the beginning of the clip, and mention and give credit to all who helped in either the description or at the end of the clip!

Let the ideas roll in, and feel free to talk amongst yourselves of what you like the best among all the suggestions. Based on that I'll write together a final plot for the song, and if that then gets green lit by you, I'll record and upload it! Song can't be any longer than 2 minutes though. So compress your epics into that time frame. :)

It would be wonderful if we could settle on an idea before Friday, as I'll be gone during the weekend and won't be able to check the forums or record anything during that time. :sweat:

Looking forward to reading your posts!

Here's the last song I did! "Stealer Of Souls" -

Edited by Armand
  • Like 14

Like music? Check out my original Project Eternity songs: Project Eternity Excitement Song

I know many were very enamored with that first piece of concept art of the dwarven ranger, you could sing about how the arrows could not puncture the evil mages veil and his partner Edair the fighter used a pistol at close range to puncture the veil so an arrow could fly true or something? Don't know how you could maybe factor the whip into that too...

Just thought that kinda combines the party dynamics with the concept art and veil ideas. Just a thought.

I love your songs so far though (especially your last one) so I am sure whatever you decide to sing about will come out great!

• Like 1

Hey Armand. Just wanted to pass this on... People at Obsidian were sending your youtube videos around the other day, and those that I talked too really enjoy what you're doing. Thanks for being awesome. You've got a great singing voice, and your songs are great too. Looking forward to the next one!

• Like 3

I have to admit I was not expecting much out of these I do not normally enjoy fan music, but I was glad I was wrong in this case. Very, very good work Armand, I hope you manage to do more.

Shame Project Eternity has no voice acting, a crazy bard following us around making songs of our adventurers in your personal style would have be amazing.

• Like 1

Hello Armand, I too am enjoying your bardic revels.

An ode to the heroic and macho romance-haters, and our eternal war with the romance-lovers would be welcome.

Here are some ideas for lyrics:

We hate romances, yes we do,

oo-be-doo-be-doo

Romances are for silly girls,

Who wear their hair adorned with pearls

(maybe you could do a surprise rap interlude here)

The guys who hate romances are great

As with their swords, orcs, they eviscerate

(now night be the time for some tribal drumming and chanting).

Thanks!

sonsofgygax.JPG

Wow! Great ideas so far! I'm really digging the "use these words" challenge containing the names of the previous games. Keep em' coming! I'll perhaps try to use bits and pieces of all the ideas. Some of the lyrics from that, some of the parts of that, and mash it all together into a ultra forum song! Or we could have a vote or something. In any case, feel free to post more. I'll be sure to mention you all in the video!

And thank you so very much for your kind words. Really means the world to me. I'm having a blast making these songs, and knowing that you enjoy them too makes me very happy!

Like music? Check out my original Project Eternity songs: Project Eternity Excitement Song

Hey Armand, I really like your songs, you have some great talent! :)

But please don't support that silly struggle about romances because it's only an artifical problem pushed by some people who don't have enough faith in Obsidian that they are able to write sophisticated characters and complex dialogues.... :getlost:

35167v4.jpg

Wow, to be honest, I thought this would turn out really awkward! But after listening to two of your songs, I must confess that they are great! Keep on the good work!

On the topic: I like the first idea you mentioned. Guns and the veil.

• Like 1

English is not my first language, so please forgive me any mistakes!

Just a little idea to add : the song would be about an adventurer, or a mage, a necromancer.. - a mortal on his quest to become immortal, so in one sentence : his Project is Eternity.

Also, about the previous "place those words" idea, just what came to my mind : "I plan (my) escape from the torment of ice and wind" . My first language is not english so I am very limited when it comes to english poetry : - )

OK! So the mage is a necromancer of some kind! That's awesome. I've always had a weak spot for necromancers.

I'll get started now! And I'll totally be stealing parts of that sentence Czinzcar! :thumbsup: Everyone who posted in the thread will get credit one way or another!

Wish me luck!

Regarding the Order i'm biased, so I won't say anything about it. It would definitely be cool to hear something about it, 'though. ;)

Another topic I could think of is the motif of the manipulative gods, but I think you should do the battle first. :)

Edited by Farudan
  • Like 1

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

Alright! I managed these words:

NEVER WINTER NIGHT, PLANE (E)SCAPE TORMENT, ICE WIND DALE and I curveballed a FELL OUT in there. :p

Oh, and the necromancer has a very special name! I won't spoil it for you!

I act the part of the dwarf archer, and Edair is kicking some serious undead buttocks, giving me the shot I need to get us out of harms way.

I have a one-take rule with these fan song videos, so even if I stumbled on a word or two, as long as I finish the song and the spirit is there, I go ahead and upload. It's like having creative mercy upon one's self. Promoting the creation, instead of nitpicking it until you grow bored. :)

So, with that said, I hope you like it! :grin:

Song #5. "Breaking The Veil"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4S4pke6mFU

• Like 9

Thanks for watching Elerond, Lord of Lost Socks and anek! Did you spot the mentioned games? :D

KotOR the Obscene, eh? :D

Well, you know, Necromancers need to have names like that now don't they? Vexx the malign and so on and so forth. Haha. Let me add that I love the KOTOR games! :lol:

Edited by Armand