Update #8: New Digital Tier, Novella by Chris Avellone, and Translations at $2.2M

We are still going strong over here on Kickstarter and we wanted to thank everyone that has been here since the beginning as well as those of you who have come on recently to back us with your pledge. With such great support, we want to thank everyone with a new addition to the $50 and later tiers, a new $110 digital only tier, and a big change to our $2.2M stretch goal.

Oh, and what are we doing this week as to updates you might ask? Josh Sawyer, Tim Cain and Chris Avellone will be posting updates and videos all this week starting on Sep 26 with Josh, Sep 27 with Mr. Avellone and a great one from Tim over the weekend.

French, German, and Spanish Translations added at $2.2M

We are glad to announce that we will add text translations for French, German, and Spanish when we reach this goal. As we hit more of our stretch goals, we hope to be able to add even more languages as well!

Novella by Chris Avellone added for $50 and Up!

Chris Avellone has been so thankful for everyone's support that he himself has pledged to write a novella in the world of Project Eternity. We are adding that to everyone who pledges $50 and up.

New $110 Digital Only Tier

Thanks to popular demand, we are adding a new digital tier at $110 that has early beta access to the game, thanks in the credits, a postcard thanking you for your pledge (sent physically) along with all the other digital benefits of the $140 Tier. Since we added the new novella written by Chris Avellone at the $50 reward tier - that is in there as well!

Oh and we have a little piece of artwork to share as well. The following is one of our traditional race and class combinations - the Human Fighter - but he's not just any Human Fighter. He has an integral role in the story that we will be hinting at soon. Don't worry, we will also be sharing more and more of the non-traditional options in the days and weeks to come.

(See the official Kickstarter post for art)

• Like 5

I'm glad to see some international localization; English is my main language but not my first (lost my first :(), and opening new markets is a good idea.

Interesting human fighter guy in the sense that his armour is so normal. :)

And now I will thow a tiny prayer...

please no boob plate, please no boob plate, please no boob plate, please no boob plate, please no boob plate

;)

• Like 8

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I'm glad to see some international localization; English is my main language but not my first (lost my first :(), and opening new markets is a good idea.

Interesting human fighter guy in the sense that his armour is so normal. :)

please no boob plate, please no boob plate, please no boob plate, please no boob plate, please no boob plate

;)

You do not want boob plates?

Thank you for the update!

Glad to see our EU friends get some lovin' if we hit the stretch goal. The artwork was rather interesting and I am anxious to hear his backstory. I am looking forward to the future updates so keep them comin'!

Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

Nice Update! Does this mean that there won't be any hope for voicework in the other translations?

As a dude who works in localization, I can tell you from experience that voicework in any language is monstrously expensive. Multilingual voicework might be on the cards as, like, a 4m+ stretch goal or something. I have no doubt a decent portion of the budget is going to be sunk into voicework alone.

Anyway, sweet update and I can't wait for that novella from Chris.

• Like 1

Awesome update! French, German, Spanish and the Novella. Thanks Obsidian! :D

And Edair looks awesome too. A battle hardened adventurer. Excellent!

And what is he holding... a whip or some rope?

Edited by dlux

:closed:

*shrugs*

not really happy with Obsidian opting in with the translation. I'd rather have them spend the money elsewhere.

I wonder how much does a translation costs.

(and no, english is not my first language)

Looking forward for the talks by JS, CA and TC during this week.

Edited by hideo kuze
  • Like 3

*shrugs*

not really happy with Obsidian opting in with the translation. I'd rather have them spend the money elsewhere.

Then there is balance in the universe - I am happy that Obsidian is translating the game :yes: .

I'm also looking forward for these talks :w00t:

Edited by rrc2soft

I'm just a lurker drowned in books, proudly serving the

If it gets more people to become interested in the game I'm all for it. There are still more things added at that level so it's still a big bonus to the game. I can't wait to see what our goals they hope to achieve. Finally a game I can get excited about. Thanks Oblivion!

*shrugs*

I wonder how much does a translation costs.

(and no, english is not my first language)

Many Europeans / South Americans would love to play this game but will refuse to pledge if the game is not translated. It was a smart move.

Just wait until tommorow when Europe is awake... you will change your mind about the translations. :)

• Like 5

:closed:

snip

;)

I echo that prayer.

Thanks for the update. I like the way the human fighter looks. My language is English but I am happy to hear that my friends will get the translation they want. Good news. I am looking forward to the novella. :)

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Okay okay, no boob plate... but can we have a hot Elf wizardess in bikini-mail? :Cant's duck and run icon:

Seriously, though I'm happy with it. I didn't see anything that impacts me directly, but the translations make sense and the prospect of more information coming up from multiple sources this week does appeal to me. I'm looking forward to having a stronghold/base/headquarters... HOUSE! One of the great things about games these days is the ability to get a house and kick up my heals, although I tended not to use my house as much in New Vegas as some of the other games. Go figure. Well, enough of my rambling. Just happy to see things progressing.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

If it gets more people to become interested in the game I'm all for it. There are still more things added at that level so it's still a big bonus to the game. I can't wait to see what our goals they hope to achieve. Finally a game I can get excited about. Thanks Oblivion!

Thanks Oblivion!

u wot m8

• Like 1