Create subforum for polls?

Subforum for Polls  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a subforum for polls would be a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

I'd much prefer if polls were the sole domain of Moderators and Developers. If Devs are too busy they could maybe shoot a Mod a message to stick up a poll.

At the current rate we are seeing very similar polls every day or two, they just don't stay on the page long enough for the next person to see it, so they make their own one.

Also if you want to ask a question you don't need to make a Poll, this thread for example doesn't need to be a poll. The Poll several threads below about what game brought you to PE doesn't need to be a poll either.

Edited by Rabain

I'd much prefer if polls were the sole domain of Moderators and Developers. If Devs are too busy they could maybe shoot a Mod a message to stick up a poll.

At the current rate we are seeing very similar polls every day or two, they just don't stay on the page long enough for the next person to see it, so they make their own one.

Also if you want to ask a question you don't need to make a Poll, this thread for example doesn't need to be a poll. The Poll several threads below about what game brought you to PE doesn't need to be a poll either.

yes

I like the idea of being able to incorporate a poll in any discussion topic. It would seem odd to restrict polls to a separate forum section IMO. In any active forum, if a particular discussion topic is not active for a few days, people might make new discussions about similar topics, whether it has a poll or not.

And then, would you ban polls from all the existing forum sections not related to Project Eternity? It seems like restricting polls in this way would cause a lot of work for the forum admins and ultimately do more harm than good.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople