Production Beard stretch goal for the 4 millions mark?

Production Beard stretch goal for 4 millions?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Production Beard stretch goal for 4 millions?

• YES! (for the greater good! and beard)
    • No (because that is silly and you should feel bad about it)

Q: What is this production beard you speak of? What will the beard produce?

A: Basically the involved devs do some funky things with their facial hair during game production. See here.

Q: Why would they do that?

A: Because they are cool guys who aren't afraid of anything.

Q: What is the purpose of this anyway?

A: It challenges the devs into accepting it. Which in its turn challenges the backers into reaching a funding of 4 millions. IMO a really amazing feat that will help in bringing the best game possible.

Q: What does it all mean!? How does it work?

A: Obsidian will have to announce that they'll go full Production Beard mode if they reach 4 millions of KS funding (includes KS and paypal). In its turn it's up for the backers to make the project reach a 4 millions funding.

Q: Isn't 4 millions too low?

A: Maybe. But I had to pick a number.

Q: Isn't 4 millions too high?

A: Maybe. But I had to pick a number.

NB: challenge does not apply to female devs/artists. I hope nobody gets offended with this gender inequality issue, but I suspect that most will agree that bearded women are not cool.

PS: if you vote, please bump the thread if it falls behind page 3 (at least until it gets some amount of votes)

Edited by hideo kuze

just for bumps :) you should add some "donno" option or something :D i'm pretty much neutral and i hope my "no" won't upset you, but really i couldn't press yes :D

No problem. That is cool.

The idea was exactly to make people chose.

So that if there were a lot of yeses, the devs would go forward with it.

I guess they won't.

I'd rather the stretch goals all have something to add to the game itself.

"It is an extraordinary act of courage to come to know a stranger's pain. To even consider such a thing demands a profound dispensation, a willingness to wear someone else's chains, to taste their suffering, to see with one's own eyes the hue cast on all things -- the terrible stain that is despair."

-Tulas Shorn

"Toll the Hounds" by Steven Erikson

Grow facial hair as a stretch goal for four million? Do you know how stupid this sounds?

Edit - I would rather see traditional game content incentives or bringing on popular guest developers.

some people have no sense of humor :disguise:

Besides, the idea would be for this to go along with something game related.

• Like 1

NB: challenge does not apply to female devs/artists. I hope nobody gets offended with this gender inequality issue, but I suspect that most will agree that bearded women are not cool.

No Sale. If you're a Dev working on the game, then the challenge should apply to you. Period. No reason to so quickly accept gender inequality in the interest of "coolness". Especially when there's a simple workaround. If you're a female dev, and you can't grow a beard, then you should have to run to the nearest costume shop and buy one, then wear it to work every day during the development cycle.

I'd be ALL for that, and I'd up my contribution considerably.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 1

People, you should stop complaining about how this isn't going to help the game. The 4 million are not for the beards, but for the game. The beard isn't a stretch goal, it's just a way to get more funds. And it would probably cause a less stressed workflow. These are good initiatives because they brake work routine, workers usually become better humoured (sorry for my bad English).

• Like 1

Project Eternity: Interactive/animated or descriptive? Check my poll and vote!

I'd rather have them focus on important stuff. I wouldn't want their beards to come in the way of developing and stuff.. :>

"Where's Chris today?"

"He's dead. His beard reached a length where it gained sentience and choked him to death."

My God, the beards have taken over production and ruined everything!

It's just a bit of fun people, don't be hating. And yes, it's a silly incentive, but I for one would definitely pay to see that.