If there's one classic feature of the cRPG that I've always loved it's the inventory paperdoll.

From Daggerfall and Might and Magic VI to Baldur's Gate and beyond, the little girl in me has always loved playing dress up with my character.

It's something I'd like to see make a comeback in Project Eternity.

• Like 3

The call of the deep.

i don't see why not. it could be just a zoomed in rotating doll of the actual 3D character positioned next to the weapon/item slots.

Edited by molarBear

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

Hell yeah. Have always loved the paper dolls inventory screen. Seeing your character wearing the new armour you've just pillaged from a corpse has always helped immersion in my opinion.

This! What this man says, I agree with.

Do you like hardcore realistic survival simulations? Take a gander at this.

For really getting a feel for what your character looks like, I think inventory paperdolls are a great way to accomplish this, but it might be kind of tough to pair this with character portraits, unless the two match. Maybe this is a way for the developers to really show off their artistic skills?

I don't either, but a paperdoll still adds to the game, it certainly doesn't take anything away.

To be honest 'd aways vote for a greater degree of influence over what your character's avatar looks like.

The call of the deep.