Loot Flavor Text & Lore Books

I was wondering if flavor text is important to anyone else (lore books go along with this). What I mean is how magical items in games like Baldur's Gate and NWN have a sort of history if you right click and examine them. I loved getting a fantastic weapon and reading about it's history and learning how it ended up in my hands. It made the loot that much more interesting.

This could remain in the form of examining the loot, or collecting and reading books. Or they could implement a codex feature popular in many recent games.

What do you guys think? Are lore books and especially item histories important to you?

• Like 1

Very. Especially when it comes to items, I love to discover how my character is holding the weapon/armor of the famous [enter character/moster name here] who s/he had read and heard so much about. Or that it was an ancient artifact, lost for ages and now found.

• Like 1

Dude, I can see my own soul.....

Very. Especially when it comes to items, I love to discover how my character is holding the weapon/armor of the famous [enter character/moster name here] who s/he had read and heard so much about. Or that it was an ancient artifact, lost for ages and now found.

Exactly :)

Do you think Project Eternity will satisfy us in this regard, or might they go a similar route to Dragon Age (in which interesting items, if you were lucky, had a simple one-liner for flavor text). Or none at all.

Edited by w00tasaurus

It is very, very important, it is one of the major aspects that make a world believable and come alive.

The Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Divine Divinity, Forgotten Realm games. What makes all these franchises so fantastic and rich is that they have depth beyond gameplay, they have written history, in game novels and tons of favour text.

To be faithful to the classics this game really requires such depth, to be a quality product it is an absolute must.

Edited by Aedelric