Tell me about the Developers

That is a an A-List of industry heavyweights. Does anyone know about the rest of of the team working on this game? At all the updates, we keep seeing the same main guys in the videos. There are many other people putting the game together.

I suspect that Justin Bell will be working on music and ambients ;) other than that.. I do not know Obsidian staff that well :p

That is a an A-List of industry heavyweights. Does anyone know about the rest of of the team working on this game? At all the updates, we keep seeing the same main guys in the videos. There are many other people putting the game together.

What's it matter so much? You have Tim Cain, Chris avellone, urqhart, and josh sawyer. What more do you need to know?

The Obsidian developers are, basically, the A-Team abut without the jewellery

We need to buy Tim Cain some jewelry. He looks like he'd make a good Mr. T.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Who do you want to know about?

Edited by C2B

Well they were dubbed as *cough* legendary. These guys are known because they are typically the front men, giving interviews and are typically in lead roles. We see their tangible contributions in products. We read their writing, discuss their gameplay systems, etc.,...

We don't really see if a programmer's particular line of code is brilliant, or if a tester routinely reproduces obscure, but game breaking bugs at a higher rate than anyone else.

That said, this is a small team, I believe the expected size is roughly 20, so we'll see the "legends'" contribution more directly than in other bigger projects.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The team being so small is another in 'pro' column, if you ask me. And it does sound as if these guys are nuts, making whole games basically on their own. I just hope they'll adopt a 'not til it's done' mentality. I don't see how they're going to get it done with so little time and money, unless the game's like 15-20 hours long.

The team being so small is another in 'pro' column, if you ask me. And it does sound as if these guys are nuts, making whole games basically on their own. I just hope they'll adopt a 'not til it's done' mentality. I don't see how they're going to get it done with so little time and money, unless the game's like 15-20 hours long.

The full team probably be about 20-30 strong, their marketing budget will likely be much smaller as a percentage of their budget than most big studio/publisher games and 2.5 million (or whatever the final amount ends up at) is more than enough to make a 50-60 hour RPG in the time they are going to make it.