The thread wasn't created in rebuttal of anyone insisting that sexist attitudes should affect the game. It was started by a misguided person/troll suggesting that Obsidian should ask for the opinion of a random, confrontational and plain misinformed youtube phenomenon because god forbid Obsidian try to write women, they're men!

Which was silly---Obsidian is pro at this, thanks very much---and I blithely ignored it up until a point. Can't say the same for others.

The sexist attitudes were posts coming out in response to the original post. Many were civil. Some, however, suggested that it's Quite All Right to be sexist because this is male fantasy! Or that NOTHING but medieval-styled subjugation of women should even be considered, because history! Even though OE never said that this is going to be medieval!

And then the argument started. And then the argument got rolling. And then it's about argument for argument's sake, on both sides. The rest, as they say, is history.

So you agree with me this thread serves no purpose other than to incite disagreement? Put another way, if this thread was locked there would not have even been what you said was "insisting that the sexist attitudes affected the game" because it was only upon creation of the thread that such views got mentioned. I totally agree by the way with the bolded and underlined part. Which is my main point and why I said they should ignore both sides on this specific topic because whether sexist or pushing for some utopian or socially acceptable equality in this game should be left to the team.

In the end I think leave Obsidian to create it with regard to the world setting as they have done in previous titles which did so well handled in those.

But if as I believe it will be a world setting which is dark and themes of poverty and strife, war and a harsh reality society wise then it is unbelievable to somehow imply equality and peaceful coexistence between races and genders. There will be likely racism, there will be more likely sexism or scenarios which gender is used to some advantage. I doubt very much they will craft a utopian world with equality for all. If anything it would be bewildering if went down that route given the social and civilisation status they eluded to prior between regions and even towns and cities.

Edited by Dragoonlordz

I called this way back on page 4

...any time someone tries to argue, you automatically get called women hating, sexist, rapist apologist..etc. Oh, you might not have said that, but that is what you were implying....

Personally, we are all circle jerking this thread with our own opinions and nothing is going to change each others opinions. This thread neads to be locked and/or moved to a different forum (way off topic for example), any time another thread like it pops up (and it will pop up again), it should be moved and merged to keep the poison forming here, from interferring with other threads.

This is not about the game any more, this is about ideology and political views in general.

I called this way back on page 4

...any time someone tries to argue, you automatically get called women hating, sexist, rapist apologist..etc. Oh, you might not have said that, but that is what you were implying....

Personally, we are all circle jerking this thread with our own opinions and nothing is going to change each others opinions. This thread neads to be locked and/or moved to a different forum (way off topic for example), any time another thread like it pops up (and it will pop up again), it should be moved and merged to keep the poison forming here, from interferring with other threads.

This is not about the game any more, this is about ideology and political views in general.

Agreed, the only purpose I see this thread serving at this stage is causing rifts and negativity in the forum.

Hey, that was *my* cookie!

Anyway, it looks like people have had a chance to let off a bit of steam. Nothing wrong with the subject itself though, but it's "usefulness" for PE seems to have run its course. Feel free to create a new thread in WoT though to discuss sexism/chauvinism/etc. if people still feel they have something to add to the subject.

:skull:

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein