How old is everyone?

694 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Under 20
    • Between 20-25
    • Above 25

I am only 768. I think. By drinking the blood of CRPG romance fans and trapping their souls in my phylactery, I extend my lifespan infinitely.

Could you write a wiki about that? Think I might want to get in on that action. :)

I'd like to second that...

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

"It is an extraordinary act of courage to come to know a stranger's pain. To even consider such a thing demands a profound dispensation, a willingness to wear someone else's chains, to taste their suffering, to see with one's own eyes the hue cast on all things -- the terrible stain that is despair."

-Tulas Shorn

"Toll the Hounds" by Steven Erikson

PST

Should have considered a >30 and >40 choice; interesting to see how the upper end of the OBS fan base breaks down.

Edited by Theobeau

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

I'd say Dwarf Fortress is a city building sim. Unless you mean adventure mode?

Given the revealed age demographics I hope this means Obsidian isn't afraid to go with as many mature themes as they want. We're pretty much all grown ups here. Which also means "mature" isn't defined by boobs and gore. (Though boobs and gore have their place as well.)

28 years old

I've played and really enjoyed ALL the IE games, NWN2+Motb+SoZ, Kotor2, Alpha Protocoll, Fallout 1-2-New Vegas, Arcanum, Vampire:Bloodlines, The Witcher 1-2 and a bit of Mass Effect 1

but I did not enjoyed NWN1, Kotor1, Mass Effect 2 - 3 (especially the third that was really awful).

Edited by Sick
LXIfI.jpg

I'm in my 40s.

No way I could give you even a short list of favorite RPGs (I am either easy to please or have bad taste, I guess :p). So you'll have to settle with my first non-PnP RPG, which was SSI's Phantasie, which I played on a Commodore 64 back in good old 1985(ish).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Baldurs Gate 2 is the best cRPG ever made, and a big reason for that (for me) is that it has co-op multiplayer. This is the game that got my wife into RPGs and we have played it through together probably more than a dozen times with different combinations - love the tactics and other mods that are available.

Planescape: Torment is my favorite story of any RPG - though it is not a perfect game the story alone elevates it to #1 RPG of all time

I enjoyed a bunch of RPGs on the older consoles but the best was always Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy series had some excellent entries though I haven't liked the direction much lately

Mass Effect series is just plain fun... I'll admit I stayed away from 3 due to some high profile issues though

Fallout series are all awesome

Arcanum deserves a mention because it did things that havent been done properly since

34 in a couple of months.

Torment.

Anyone who doesn't say Torment hasn't played it or is pretending :yes:

...nice answer, lad...Roshan'd approve... :dancing:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

44 (Yup, I actually played the SSI AD&D gold Box Games when they came out :p )

Planescape: Torment

Fallout 1&2

Baldur's Gate series

Mass Effect (1!, not 2 and *definitely* not 3 >_< )

Dragon Age (Origins! Not that cheap sequel... :yucky: )

Gothic 1&2 (there is no 3 or 4, no matter what people try to tell you o:) )

Drakensang 1&2

Probably in that order...

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince...

With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. ...

and still keep the frog you started with.

Fallout 2, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 2

Fallout was one of my first PC game and my first RPG.

I even didn't know what is a RPG !

So, somewhere in 1998, I launched the game, saw the cave and little blue guy with rats around, and i thought "what is this crap ? It's weird, ugly". I shut down the game.

Many weeks or months later, I gave Fallout a second try.

I was kinda lost. I had hard time dealing with rats and then molerats in the desert. Finally i came to shady sands.

"Oh, people everywhere !" "oh, i can talk to them ! What is this kind of game ? It's awesome !"

...A love story was starting :brows: ...Fallout and RPGs became my religion :bow:

In fact, this first PC had great games bundled : Total Annihilation, Blade Runner (dvd version !), Tomb Raider 2 and Fallout (i think that's all, i'm not sure)

When i launched total annihilation, i had quite the same reaction than with fallout : "what is this game ? what am i supposed to do with this little power rangers thing ?" But i loved it too, months later.

I was lucky to have this great games with my first PC, whereas i didn't know them and didn't buy the PC because of this.

And this luck didn't leave me, because months later, i discovered totally by chance the existence of Fallout 2 and then Baldur's Gate 2. I didn't know there was a sequel to Fallout, and i didn't know what was BG2 ! :w00t:

Edited by Simonosaurus
  • Like 1

Backer of : Dead State, Grim Dawn, Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2.

Les jeux sont faits, rien ne va plus !

Young enough to have been way to young to play baldurs gate when I first did :p all I could remember was that minsc was funny. I killed alot of gnolls, and being devastated when my "best" sword broke. (As I recall I gave up this playthrough when I got to the nashkel mines. not that it had much of a coherent order anyway :p )

As old as my tounge and a bit older than my teeth.

Fallout 1, Ultima VII, Dark Sun: Shattered Lands, Arcanum, Shadows of Amn, Planescape: Torment.

However, I only discovered the Black Isle / Troika / Bioware games years after they were released. I found out about the Fallout series, for instance, because of the hype and controversy surrounding Fallout 3 back in 2007. I was only able to own a proper copy of Planescape: Torment when it went on sale on Good Old Games. I am old enough to remember Ultima VII and Dark Sun when they were new, however. Those are the sorts of games I nostalgia over, while the turn-of-the-mellenium isometircs were games I played a few years back, once I was already comfortably an adult.

short list of my favorite games, every platform, because I'm mildly OCD and love list-making and ranking, and hey I've had a lot of chocolate at work and there's nothing to do:

Planescape: Torment

Civilization IV

Vampire: The Masquerade -- Bloodlines

Baldur's Gate II

Ultima VII and U7 Part II

Deus Ex

BioShock

Fallout 2

Fallout: New Vegas

Chrono Trigger

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Thief I & II

Wing Commander 1 & 2

Katamari Damacy

Limbo

Super Metroid

Street Fighter II: Turbo

Super Mario Kart

Resident Evil 4

Company of Heroes

I guess the info gleaned here is that I prefer reading, deep storylines, branching dialogue, atmosphere, and player choice over action mechanics, but I enjoy when they're blended well.

Sadly, I never got around to playing Xcom or Syndicate back in the day. My old-school PC game buddies always diss me for that.

• Like 1