How old is everyone?

694 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Under 20
    • Between 20-25
    • Above 25

i'm completely shocked that anyone here is under 25. i think its cool, im just surprised

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Damn, I hate being in the 'oldest' category of a poll, and even more so not being remotely near the next category down. But so be it.

Most beloved RPG: Planescape: Torment

I've been playing RPGs and MMORPGs for fifteen years now and have found that the average age of the players that I know in them has increased along with the timeline, other than in a couple of notable exceptions. In the current main MMORPG I play, about 90% of the people I know whether personally or via forums would fit into the 'oldest' category of this poll.

BG2, NWN2, VtM:Bloodlines, Ultima 7. However, I really don't like RPG's that force you into playing a male protagonist (like PS:T and The Witcher unfortunately).

Edit: I almost forgot: any Forgotten Realms crpg like Curse of the Azure Bonds/ Pool of Radiance, etc. Those were absolutely wonderful at the time.

Edited by Moirnelithe

I am 25, and my favourite rpg hmmm, i'm going to say it's a toss up between NWN2 and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. But, honerable mentions go to KOTOR, Dragon age 1 & 2, ME 1& 2 (I'm a sucker for the romance).

I have never played Panescape Torment, or any of the Baldurs Gate or Icewind Dale games.

I am currently replaying Dragon Age 2 again, and just installed Divinity 2 on my computer.

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

I'm 22. 23rd birthday's only about two months away.

Favorite RPGs?

• Planescape: Torment

Great story involving whole scale of human emotions, weird atmosphere and interesting bizarre world to explore. Probably the best soundtrack ever on video game. That's what makes it greatest RPG of all time for me.

• The Witcher 1&2

World of the Witcher is grim and dark place where you won't find black or white. Only shades of grey: Your choises and their consequences. Here you can really play role without worrying about what your "karma meter" is going to like about this choice. Also perfectly balanced difficulty to keep combat satisfying.

• Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars was a franchise that demanded to be translated into an RPG and what a great job did Bioware do with it!

• Dragon Age: Origins

Story and character could have been a lot better, but still it was great tribute to old-school RPGs and I certainly had tons of fun with it. High difficulty level was also nice change.

• The Elder Scrolls series

Stories and depth have never been Bethesdas strongest areas of expertise, but huge open worlds and feeling of freedom are incomparable to any other games on market.

Edited by Haerski

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

I am only 768. I think. By drinking the blood of CRPG romance fans and trapping their souls in my phylactery, I extend my lifespan infinitely.

The most terrible thing about your post is, that this statement makes you the most romantic person on the Obsidian Boards >_<

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm turning 20 soon.

Some of my favourites (not in any particular order) are Fallout, Wizardry 6, Dark Sun: Shattered Lands, and Betrayal at Krondor. I've played and enjoyed all the IE games, though, so it's not as if I'm going into this blind.

Very excited for PE, Wasteland 2, and Shadowrun.

16 here. I really hope this games appeals to my age bracket however unlikely it is. I've played Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 as well Icewind Dale 1.

Given what is generally marketed at your age demographic, I think it would be better to hope that it appeals to you. Your tastes are not typical of other 16 year olds.

God I feel old. I remember playing NWN back in my teens and now i'm 27. PST is my favorite rpg to date, but the game I have the most time invested into is NWN. I don't even care to think about the amount of hours of my life I poured into that game.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

i'm completely shocked that anyone here is under 25. i think its cool, im just surprised

All it takes is a right environment. When people around you practically worship BG2, PS:T etc., you're motivated to play them even if initially they don't appeal to you. It took three separate tries in the span of over a year before I got used to Baldur's Gate, but when I finally did, nothing could keep me away from those games :]

I'm 19, my favourite RPG is Morrowind. For the few people who claim TES games aren't RPGs, it would be the Fallout series. Also Betrayal at Krondor, I have a soft spot for this one.

Can Deus Ex get an honorable mention?

Edited by Rosveen

I am only 768. I think. By drinking the blood of CRPG romance fans and trapping their souls in my phylactery, I extend my lifespan infinitely.

The most terrible thing about your post is, that this statement makes you the most romantic person on the Obsidian Boards >_<

Yes I must finally admit to being a closet Romantic. Violently opposing Romances in this project is just a tragic symptom of denial and a turbulent inner conflict of metaphysical proportions.Please forgive me *sobs*

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Planescape: Torment.

this.

edit: my top 5 rpgs:

1. Planescape: Torment

2. Baldur's Gate Trilogy

3. Morrowind

4. Fallout 2

5. Final Fantasy Tactics

Honorable mentions: Ogre Battle 64, Icewind dale, NWN 2, KOTOR, Chrono Trigger.

Edited by Droogle

Currently I'd say The Witcher

At the announcement of this game I immediately drew up a list of the greatest CRPG's around (based on popular opinion) and am trying to play through all of them in the next two years or so. I'm on the Baldur's Gate series currently.