Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Antagonist: Rivals and Archvillains

Enemies Rivals Villains Faction Champions

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

OldRPG'sAreGood

OldRPG'sAreGood

Svef Addict of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
If there is a rival in the game, I hope for someone with a Saemon Havarian feel. Someone who goes along with your plans as long as it fits him/her self. But at the same time, someone who uses you(Saemon dumping the piece of the sword to you, knowing who are after it), and when trouble arises, s/he better his/her own position at the players expense. Someone who you could thank for the thing s/he is willing to do for you, or who you could also curse after a "backstab".

So someone who the player can side with easily, but also who can earn the hatred of the player just as easily.

Palmtuna

Palmtuna

Quartermaster of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Idea of having a competitive only rival is a cool idea and I haven't seen it before. It would make a great addition to the game, but I don't want only that kind of rivalry. I'm sure that any evil or possibly even neutral chaotic rival would not have a second thought about fighting you if he had the advantage. I think that there is a place for both in the world, as well as several different types of rivals in between. And speaking of which, judging from some of the recent updates it looks like there will be quite a bit of rival adventurers

agewisdom

agewisdom

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 210 posts
Yes, since there will be several rival adventuring parties, I think PE will be able to accomodate different flavors of rivals. This should make for a fun time. However, there should be some build up and the rivals should cross swords with the PC a few times. I would hate if they just make an appearance ONCE and lose/die and that's the last we ever see of them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Enemies, Rivals, Villains, Faction Champions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users