GOG-related question

In a previous update, Obsidian mentioned that the game will be available to people who pledge on Kickstarter both on GOG and on Steam, depending on their choice. I do not use Steam, so I do not know how it works, but GOG offers with all its games soundrack,manual, and all sorts of special stuff. Does this mean that the GOG-option will only be available to people who have pledged 50$, who have both digital game, soundtrack, wallpaper and ringtone? Or to everybody? If it is available to everybody, how will that work for GOG? Will there be different download tiers? Because I have not seen that on any GOG game. Is this still udner discution and negociation?

Just to make this clear, I am not using this topic to critiques Obsidian. I am in favor of all they are trying to acheive. I have made no pledge yet, I do not have enough money, but by the end of the Kickstarter time, I plan to offer 148 dollars, if I managed to raise that money. 120 for the tier, 20 for the shipping, and 8 for the Order.

Good luck Obsidian! All the best!

But for this question I really want an answer.

In a previous update, Obsidian mentioned that the game will be available to people who pledge on Kickstarter both on GOG and on Steam, depending on their choice. I do not use Steam, so I do not know how it works, but GOG offers with all its games soundrack,manual, and all sorts of special stuff. Does this mean that the GOG-option will only be available to people who have pledged 50$, who have both digital game, soundtrack, wallpaper and ringtone? Or to everybody? If it is available to everybody, how will that work for GOG? Will there be different download tiers? Because I have not seen that on any GOG game. Is this still udner discution and negociation?

That's a good question. I don't think GOG sells soundtracks separately. If Obsidian allowed the minimum pledgers to acquire their game on GOG, GOG might have to only offer the base option, and the other goodies would either have to be acquired off GOG. Alternatively, they wouldn't offer a GOG version to the minimum pledgers, and direct them to the GOG alternative(s) which the Mac and Linux versions will probably require(GOG does not offer Mac/Linux support).

Hopefully. I'm not worried as I'm sure those details will be ironed out soon enough.. And I'm not sure if the base game would be sold at 50$.. Maybe 30$, since the Kicktstarter tier for getting just the game is 25$...

Edited by riderofsmaug