Lengendary Weapons made by you...

I'm not opposed to it per se, but I'm wondering how can it be legendary if it was just crafted?

Because you become a legend? Obviously it doesn't start off legendary, just like you won't :)

Legendary Weapons Made By You - A post about weapon customisation and creating your own legendary items

Magic Spell Customisation - A post about adapting spells to fit your style, making news ones from old

$4million+ raised, I think our jobs here are done.

I was super excited about the Skyrim angle of customization...until I made every damned thing I could. The issue was you couldnt REALLY customize it, you were confinde to the "recipe" table. Throw the recipe table out...I want, if not inifinte variations of weaps/items/armor, I was a much larger one. Ill make my own damned recipe.

Nick B

"YOU HAVE DIED OF DYSENTERY" - Oregon Trail

I was super excited about the Skyrim angle of customization...until I made every damned thing I could. The issue was you couldnt REALLY customize it, you were confinde to the "recipe" table. Throw the recipe table out...I want, if not inifinte variations of weaps/items/armor, I was a much larger one. Ill make my own damned recipe.

No that would have the same effect, because by the end of the day, one style typically comes out on top. Taking Skyrim as an example, sure, there's reason to use fire damage or paralyzation or absorb fatigue, but eventually one of them becomes tested and proven to be the safest bet. Once people find that one, they basically don't look back. You could say "well I'll limit myself and try others," but as a long-term player of TES games and Bethesda games in general, I don't really think asking the player to limit themselves or to have them roleplay that character #12 likes using a ****ty weapon is a good game design. It's not fun, nor is it something that every player is capable of. I actually am capable of limiting myself, but after playing a game where I didn't have to (New Vegas) I have far less appreciation and enthusiasm about playing a game that makes me limit myself.

I believe the only time a weapon should be "worse" than another one is if it can be significantly better off than that other weapon in another category. For example the Medicine Stick hits a helluva lot harder than Lucky, but Lucky is far more cost effective and efficient to the point where no matter how many waves of enemies come at you, you can be rest assured that Lucky will ALWAYS be repairable and you will ALWAYS be able to find ammo for it.

Said it once and I'll say it again, cause I think it'd work: simply reserve certain effects or ailments to be player-crafted only. Make a Legendary sword that you can find have a chance of paralyzing the enemy and making them lose their turn, but let the player have a weapon that has a unique knockback effect that takes on a strategic use and purpose. Since the player-crafted weapons would be the only way to get certain ailments, then they have purpose and you have reason to actually use them and be proud of them. Allowing them EVERY ailment and EVERY design seeks to make all other legendary items moot, much like Skyrim.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

No that would have the same effect, because by the end of the day, one style typically comes out on top. Taking Skyrim as an example, sure, there's reason to use fire damage or paralyzation or absorb fatigue, but eventually one of them becomes tested and proven to be the safest bet. Once people find that one, they basically don't look back. You could say "well I'll limit myself and try others," but as a long-term player of TES games and Bethesda games in general, I don't really think asking the player to limit themselves or to have them roleplay that character #12 likes using a ****ty weapon is a good game design. It's not fun, nor is it something that every player is capable of. I actually am capable of limiting myself, but after playing a game where I didn't have to (New Vegas) I have far less appreciation and enthusiasm about playing a game that makes me limit myself.

I believe the only time a weapon should be "worse" than another one is if it can be significantly better off than that other weapon in another category. For example the Medicine Stick hits a helluva lot harder than Lucky, but Lucky is far more cost effective and efficient to the point where no matter how many waves of enemies come at you, you can be rest assured that Lucky will ALWAYS be repairable and you will ALWAYS be able to find ammo for it.

Said it once and I'll say it again, cause I think it'd work: simply reserve certain effects or ailments to be player-crafted only. Make a Legendary sword that you can find have a chance of paralyzing the enemy and making them lose their turn, but let the player have a weapon that has a unique knockback effect that takes on a strategic use and purpose. Since the player-crafted weapons would be the only way to get certain ailments, then they have purpose and you have reason to actually use them and be proud of them. Allowing them EVERY ailment and EVERY design seeks to make all other legendary items moot, much like Skyrim.

Agreed...I just hated that feeling of like "Yeah...i just made everything....oh...wait...I just made everything...F&%K!"

Nick B

"YOU HAVE DIED OF DYSENTERY" - Oregon Trail

"Crafting and enchanting in Project Eternity will allow players to use objects and materials they find during exploration to both create consumable items like potions and scrolls as well as give their gear custom upgrades that can't be accomplished by other means. This system is intended to be easy to use and very flexible, allowing players to customize many aspects of what they can create or alter. Whether it's brewing basic potions from herbs and minerals commonly found throughout the world or upgrading a humble broadsword into a custom-named, magically-imbued weapon of distinctive and legendary power, we want to give players the ability to make it. On the development side of things, we also want to make the system as data-driven as possible, allowing us to easily extend our list of recipes in the future.

Each stretch goal we hit not only adds new features to the game like crafting, but also makes the game larger by adding more content, quests, dialogue, and characters. Together, we've already added two new races, companions and classes, along with a player house. $2.2 million is very close which adds a new faction and region, and there are more exciting stretch goals planned if we make it past $2.4 million and beyond."

Seems like something along the lines of what I wanted is coming true. There are no deep details, but being data driven sounds wonderful for further possibilities and additions. Create a name for yourself in this world, and then name your weapon ;)

Legendary Weapons Made By You - A post about weapon customisation and creating your own legendary items

Magic Spell Customisation - A post about adapting spells to fit your style, making news ones from old

$4million+ raised, I think our jobs here are done.

Loving this idea :D

New Game+

You start a new journey with a new hero. Somewhere in the game your magical enchanted item that you had on your previous character is dropped randomly in the end game Chapter(s). Parts of your previously played champions armor scattered about, becoming a "Personal Quest" (I.E. not in-game story/quest or experience reward for it. You simply find the pieces as you go along with the game).

I agree, having an item or weapon you can make all your own like other NPCs' weapons from past games would be a great addition. Binding the item to your very soul so that it grows and evolves as you do, its ultimate ability only determined by your own demise, would be very of cool.