Norway appoints Muslim woman Minister of Culture

obyknven

Be nice, it was a least the second link on my google search!

It's not like irrational fears and insecurity are a new thing today though :)

With personalised results, there's that room for error.

Unless you just outed yourself as obyknven. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"Cool story, bro"

I have never heard this before! Your level of wit is only surpassed by your personal insecurities and xenophobia! How big of a man you are to still be constricted by antiquated perspectives, however! Although I suppose this would be the appropriate time to indicate that I wasn't telling a story and hence your usage of the meme is incorrect.

It's probably a cultural thing though, so don't take it too personally :)

Odd though why everyone cares about this one girl getting shot in the head, seems more huff and puff outrage over this than the poisonings or acid attacks.

I don't think anyone is content with the acid and poison attacks. The reason this one attacks getting more exposure and attention is because she was a very popular figure for her willingness to speak out about education. She had received a major award from the government and there are interviews of her that are now circulating the web. Now you could take the cynical approach and go "she's getting the attention because she's a celebrity" or you can see her as a very good symbol for all the girls that have been attacked by perverse groups like the Taliban.

I would hope the outpouring of attention her attack is receiving will help change Pakistani society.

Well, that's hardly cynical, it is the reason - I doubt the authorities would have done squat without all this outrage and condemnation, happens everywhere and does make some sense I suppose as if you're just some plebe no one cares unless you die in droves or something.

As for changing Pakistani society, heh that's one long shot.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/16/world/asia/pakistan-activist-reaction/index.html?eref=igoogledmn_topstories

It might not be as far fetched as it initially sounds.

I like the bit about this being a CIA plot, heh. I'm not holding my breath for anything solid to come out of it, hopefully she doesn't get killed when she returns home though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hadije Tajik has become Norway’s new Minister of Culture.

http://www.tnp.no/no...ays-new-cabinet

She has already made public her programme for the next few months and pointed out that cultural diversity should become an inalienable part of Norway’s everyday life.

And, how much does she really know about Norwegian culture?

Even without a background that is incompatible with Norwegian culture, how much knowledge and feeling can she bring to the post at 29 years of age? Isn't the position about heritage and history? Wouldn't it help to have lived some first?

Norwegians hate their own country that much?

Self-guilting and self-loathing behaviors are destructive.

27786-120708-5c22beec505f49be3b2db7d635e7ec04.jpg

I feel OP is just an ignorant racist, and a coward for not saying where he is from. Even in your 'profile quote' you slander Russians. Must be safe hiding behind anonymity and spew useless negativity at other countries, hm? A little insecure about yourself and must yell at other people to feel validated? :) Who knows? You might be a Norwegian, but it doesn't matter, because what you say is absurd. How can you point to an article and not have read it before opening your mouth?

"Oh, Norway must hate themselves for letting a non-caucasian be in Norwegian politics." So? America was built by imigrants, which is one of the most influential countries in the world. There are a ton of blacks and asian people in politics in The Great Britain and Canada too.. So lots of countries are doing it. Norway isn't doing anything different than them.

The article also states that: "She(Hadia Tajik) was born in Strand, Rogaland (Norway). She studied human rights at Kingston University in England, and has a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Stavanger University College (Norway) and studied law at the University of Oslo (Norway)."

She has an educational foundation in human rights (Social understanding, which she learned while travelling to a respected University), she has bachelor in journalism (understanding in how Norwegian media and the people thinks), and she has studied our laws, while being in Norway. She was also born and raised in Norway. She has good educational background. You'd be an idiot not hire her. So what if she has a different personal religion that she practices at home, or has a different skin color than most people there? Only racists care about that stuff.

• Like 3

http://www.tnp.no/no...ays-new-cabinet

She has already made public her programme for the next few months and pointed out that cultural diversity should become an inalienable part of Norway’s everyday life.

And, how much does she really know about Norwegian culture?

Even without a background that is incompatible with Norwegian culture, how much knowledge and feeling can she bring to the post at 29 years of age? Isn't the position about heritage and history? Wouldn't it help to have lived some first?

Norwegians hate their own country that much?

Self-guilting and self-loathing behaviors are destructive.

27786-120708-5c22beec505f49be3b2db7d635e7ec04.jpg

I feel OP is just an ignorant racist, and a coward for not saying where he is from. Even in your 'profile quote' you slander Russians. Must be safe hiding behind anonymity and spew useless negativity at other countries, hm? A little insecure about yourself and must yell at other people to feel validated? :) Who knows? You might be a Norwegian, but it doesn't matter, because what you say is absurd. How can you point to an article and not have read it before opening your mouth?

"Oh, Norway must hate themselves for letting a non-caucasian be in Norwegian politics." So? America was built by imigrants, which is one of the most influential countries in the world. There are a ton of blacks and asian people in politics in The Great Britain and Canada too.. So lots of countries are doing it. Norway isn't doing anything different than them.

The article also states that: "She(Hadia Tajik) was born in Strand, Rogaland (Norway). She studied human rights at Kingston University in England, and has a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Stavanger University College (Norway) and studied law at the University of Oslo (Norway)."

She has an educational foundation in human rights (Social understanding, which she learned while travelling to a respected University), she has bachelor in journalism (understanding in how Norwegian media and the people thinks), and she has studied our laws, while being in Norway. She was also born and raised in Norway. She has good educational background. You'd be an idiot not hire her. So what if she has a different personal religion that she practices at home, or has a different skin color than most people there? Only racists care about that stuff.

Your post is both thought provoking and accurate. Nice one :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Mostly retreading stuff, though. Thought we'd moved on to that Pakistani girl getting shot.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hey now. None of that shows that she has any understanding at all about Norwegian culture. I mean... she's Muslim!

putin-facepalm.png

Your ignorance makes me lol.

1. Pakistan's (Indians and Afghans too) belonging to a Caucasian race. Hadia Tajik are Caucasian girl.

2. R1a1 Y-DNA Haplogroup (Aryan) spread between Slavic nations, Ashkenazi Jews, Tajiks, Pakistanis, Indians and Afghans. Hadia Tajik are True Aryan girl.

Anyway i talk not about race. My post about infantile Westlings behavior. They destroy own culture for glory of Neo-Liberal capitalism. They enjoy own suicide like it's a good thing.

Strange, I haven't killed myself yet. I must be doing it wrong!

They enjoy own suicide like it's a good thing

It's not like cultural extremists have EVER thought about killing themselves though, right?

I give... a C-, but mostly for effort.

Simply adding my support to the other Norwegian voices in this thread; Hadia Tajik is norwegian in mind and body by norwegian standards, and it is telling that the only people who are objecting to this (in this thread) are not themselves norwegian. What right do you have to determine what makes a Norwegian Norwegian?

LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS ATTRACTS YOUR ATTENTION! That is all.

It is really of no difference what etnicity you are from if you have been raised with and adopted a civilized mentality. So if she's qualified and raised in this environment that gives you actual freedom - then why not appoint her?

Really it comes down to accepting that mentality and living it. When you go over to your friend's place you don't bring your **** with you and try to redocorate their house, and then cry foul if they throw you out. That's the main problem with most of these etnicities that come from places where they have been oppresed and fanatized to the limit. It will take a long time for this to go away, but eventually it will. (I mean the fanatism)

Edited by mr.Ermac

Ok, need moar multiculturalism explanations.

http://www.miltonfis...-neoliberalism/

The working class has a long but declining culture of solidarity. While allowing a group understanding of other cultures, neoliberalism is engaged in a massive attack on working class culture. The destruction of public goods created by working class struggles leads from collective pensions and public health care to private pension accounts and private health insurance. These counter-reforms around the world are a conscious effort to break down the solidarity that had gained institutional stability by the end of World War II. Thus recognition of the lower class merely appears not to be a cultural recognition because the upper class has made such great strides in eroding lower class culture.

This neoliberal concept of multiculturalism gives its blessing to struggles for recognition, like those for civil rights for African-Americans in the United States and those of the indigenous peoples of Guatemala for the preservation of Mayan languages. But the line is drawn there. El indio permitido who is a Mexican immigrant does not engage in struggles for a living wage in hotel chains in the United States. Nor does el indio permitido who is a Zapatista continue resistance to NAFTA due to its weakening the hold of indigenous people on the land in Chiapas. El indio permitido who is a black child in a US ghetto cannot go to a well-funded school, but must not participate in an militant action to demand more funding...

The World Bank is one of the major supporters of multiculturalism. It sees multiculturalism as a stepping-stone to the success of its policies. It wants to promote growth through its projects and expects growth to reduce poverty.

Adopting multiculturalism is a way of avoiding a more direct attack on poverty. For, if people are distracted by projects for recognition of diversity, the WB and other international institutions can rely on states and corporations to push the market and financial reforms needed for their model of growth. In this way, conflict over this model of growth is reduced. It is not surprising that we read on the WB’s web site, “Ethnicity can be a powerful tool in the creation of human and social capital, but, if politicized, ethnicity can destroy capital. … Ethnic diversity is dysfunctional when it generates conflict.”

I don't know. Still seems like you're mostly just insecure about ethnic minorities being given good positions such as Minister of Culture because it undermines the power advantage you'd possess in your homogeneous majority. I mean, if "those people" can get positions, what other slippery slopes will there be!?

Since this thread has gone out of hand ages ago, i can tell that i find it quite humorously that Breivik thought that the song "Euphoria" by Loreen was the best candidate in the Eurovision song contest.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Moar multiculturalism.

tumblr_l0t8wanlHR1qb1aw7o1_500.jpg

Because lack of education Europeans don't understand simple truth. Multiculturalism invented more than 2000 years ago. Multiculturalism it's good old "Divide et Impera" maxim. Romans used multiculturalism many times as tool of oppression. On first stage of conquest, they always divide defeated enemy on many pieces, establish numerous puppet "free" states, suppress major nation and support minorities. When power of major nation being destroyed by hand of minorities Romans begin next stage of conquest. They conquer divided and weak minorities, dissolved puppet states and establish Roman province. They did this when they war against Carthage, when The Romans claimed to be liberators of the Iberian and Numidian tribes under Carthaginian dominance, but at last enslave them. They did this again in Macedonia, Asia Minor, Palestine and in other places. It's not fast process, they do this carefully, for example conquest of Iberia took almost 200 years. As today simpleminded fools, don't understand what Romans really do.

Now Neo-liberals make same thing with whole humanity, trying enslave World into global Empire.

So pretty much it is that you're afraid of losing the power and influence you wield. Gotcha!

It wasn't quite the insecurity of an antiquated belief in culture, but rather just the more typical and common "I don't want to change because I like being the privileged one!"

Glad that's cleared up!

• Like 1

Multiculturalism has been declared dead by Britain France and Germany. It is dead in europe.

And the whole "We bleed the same blood" type of argumentation is a bit inane. We have been killing eachother since day one.

"There is only one species of man, but many tribes of men".

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!

Multiculturalism has been declared dead by Britain France and Germany. It is dead in europe.

And the whole "We bleed the same blood" type of argumentation is a bit inane. We have been killing eachother since day one.

"There is only one species of man, but many tribes of men".

Rubbish. Go back and read the thread and learn something.