Norway appoints Muslim woman Minister of Culture

obyknven

The sad part is that she was targeted at all. Hopefully she will make a full recovery, it sounds like she is getting the best medical care available.

It is difficult question. Afghanistan occupied by enemy and this girl is simple collaborator. The usual punishment for collaboration with the enemy in time of war is death. Europeans were doing the same thing in the WW2. In present time "democratic" U.S.:

http://www.smh.com.a...0927-26m7s.html

][/b]

Declassified US Air Force counter-intelligence documents, released under US freedom-of-information laws, reveal that military personnel who contact WikiLeaks or WikiLeaks supporters may be at risk of being charged with "communicating with the enemy", a military crime that carries a maximum sentence of death

Edited by obyknven

Pretty strict rules on collaborating then. But you can probably imagine they see it that way. Wonder what they do to people that wave at soldiers.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nah he just hates Freedom.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No, no, no. They were only freedom fighters back when they fought the Russians with Rambo. Now They're terrorists.

Seriously though, 14 year old girl, shot, head. All because she spoke up for education. You can't really troll from that. You need a more stable platform where you can piss people off because they believe that's what you actually believe. This is not it.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Nahh, you can troll for anything. People get outraged over any crap on the Internet, after all.

No, no, no. They were only freedom fighters back when they fought the Russians with Rambo. Now They're terrorists.

Seriously though, 14 year old girl, shot, head. All because she spoke up for education. You can't really troll from that. You need a more stable platform where you can piss people off because they believe that's what you actually believe. This is not it.

I've been trying to explain that to him for like the last year. His trolling could be way more effective with focus. That's why I always scoff when people compare him to Lord of Flies, he's nowhere near as organized or coherent.

I've been trying to explain that to him for like the last year. His trolling could be way more effective with focus. That's why I always scoff when people compare him to Lord of Flies, he's nowhere near as organized or coherent.

But I am not troll. Why you all so ... brainwashed?

Taliban homeland occupied by enemy - check

They fight with occupants for homeland sovereignty - check

This girl shot by Taliban because she spread propaganda against them (i.e. against freedom fighters) - check

http://www.thenews.c...lah-led-Taliban

the central TTP spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan said: “It’s a clear command of Shariah that any female, that by any means plays a role in war against the Mujahideen, should be killed. He accused the media of pouring out “smelly propaganda” against the Taliban, saying that women had also been killed in Pakistan military operations and were detained by the intelligence services. Ehsanullah then told BBC Urdu that Malala was attacked because she was anti-Taliban and secular, and generated negative propaganda about Muslims. “She considers President Obama as her ideal leader. Malala Yousafzai is the symbol of the infidels and obscenity,” Ehsan said.

What wrong?

P.S. I don't like Taliban, but don't understand why Westlings make histeria abou this.

You don't seem to really understand who the Taliban are and what their relationship is to Afghanistan.

Afghan analog of this

54-9254-54-inglourious-basterds.jpg

the Aldo Raine said: “It’s a clear command of war laws that any female, that by any means plays a role in war against us, should be killed. He accused the media of pouring out “smelly propaganda” against the Resistance, saying that women had also been killed in Allied military operations and were detained by the intelligence services. Aldo then told BBC Urdu that Malala was attacked because she was anti-Allied and secular, and generated negative propaganda about Jews. “She considers Adolf Hitler as her ideal leader. Malala Yousafzai is the symbol of the infidels and obscenity,” Aldo said.

Edited by obyknven

You don't seem to really understand who the Taliban are and what their relationship is to Afghanistan.

He is clearly trolling, no one can be so uninformed as to see the Taliban as a positive influence in any respect.

Also the girl was shot in Pakistan. The Taliban come from Afghanistan but many of them have fled to Western Pakistan and have influence with the various fundamentalist Islamic groups in Pakistan and they use Pakistan to launch attacks against the Western coalition and the current regime in Afghanistan. So you can't argue that this attack was for there freedom as it wasn't even in there own country. This is about anyone who attempts to speak out against there own anachronistic and polluted interpretation of Islam.

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, I don't think he's arguing that they're positive, at least in the last post. Two of his points are correct, the girl being a propagandist, well..I guess they could see it that way, but they're kooks.

Odd though why everyone cares about this one girl getting shot in the head, seems more huff and puff outrage over this than the poisonings or acid attacks.

Odd though why everyone cares about this one girl getting shot in the head, seems more huff and puff outrage over this than the poisonings or acid attacks.

I don't think anyone is content with the acid and poison attacks. The reason this one attacks getting more exposure and attention is because she was a very popular figure for her willingness to speak out about education. She had received a major award from the government and there are interviews of her that are now circulating the web. Now you could take the cynical approach and go "she's getting the attention because she's a celebrity" or you can see her as a very good symbol for all the girls that have been attacked by perverse groups like the Taliban.

I would hope the outpouring of attention her attack is receiving will help change Pakistani society.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is content with the acid and poison attacks. The reason this one attacks getting more exposure and attention is because she was a very popular figure for her willingness to speak out about education. She had received a major award from the government and there are interviews of her that are now circulating the web. Now you could take the cynical approach and go "she's getting the attention because she's a celebrity" or you can see her as a very good symbol for all the girls that have been attacked by perverse groups like the Taliban.

I would hope the outpouring of attention her attack is receiving will help change Pakistani society.

Well, that's hardly cynical, it is the reason - I doubt the authorities would have done squat without all this outrage and condemnation, happens everywhere and does make some sense I suppose as if you're just some plebe no one cares unless you die in droves or something.

As for changing Pakistani society, heh that's one long shot.

Well, I don't think he's arguing that they're positive, at least in the last post. Two of his points are correct, the girl being a propagandist, well..I guess they could see it that way, but they're kooks.

The reason why the attack on this girl has received so much attention is that her statements are truly unique in the Pakistani context. She is vociferous and brave and even though many Pakistani women want a change they aren't vocal about it. Its the first time I have known a young women to speak out against groups like the Taliban. What she did was not propaganda at all, it was reasonable and discussed a much needed change that needs to come to certain countries. It sickens me that people are prepared to kill a women that believes that women have a right to education and to determine there own future. Of course it doesn't surprise me as the Taliban are a barbaric and medieval organization whose views are anathema to most reasonable people.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And their relationship with the USA. They took power in Afghanistan thanks to US support. American anti-soviet interventionism was disastrous foreign policy and we'll be paying the price for dead men's idiocy for generations to come.

why the hell does any country need a ministry of culture? culture is something that progresses without the state intervention (or at least should be)

also dear norwegians, no one cares about you :) you can put up an ape for your ministry of culture for all we care :p

Edited by molarBear

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

why the hell does any country need a ministry of culture? culture is something that progresses without the state intervention (or at least should be)

also dear norwegians, no one cares about you :) you can put up an ape for your ministry of culture for all we care :p

Sometimes politicians have friends that needs portfolios, allies that needs a pat on the back but you don't trust them to handle something important and sometimes countries are just cultural fascists. Really, a number of reasons why you would have something like that :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And their relationship with the USA. They took power in Afghanistan thanks to US support. American anti-soviet interventionism was disastrous foreign policy and we'll be paying the price for dead men's idiocy for generations to come.

To be fair thats not an accurate representation of the truth. During the Soviet War in Afghanistan (1979-1989) the USA did support the Mujahideen fighters against the Soviets, but that was during the Cold War and proxy wars were common. When the Soviets pulled out and a civil war started in Afghanistan the USA also left and the Taliban were the group that eventually came to power. So the USA didn't directly assist the Taliban or Al-Qeada, no was aware of how these groups would evolve. I can guarantee you the USA wouldn't have stopped assisting in the 1990's if there crystal ball was working.

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

No, it was a success in terms of tying up Russian resources. In the process though the west fought another sattelite war without clear thought of how it was going to play out afterwards. In cold war mathematics though we had denied an area to the enemy. It's not like 9/11 was predictable then.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Continue talk about true nature of multiculturalism.

The USA was always supposed to be a "melting pot."...

By the late 1970s or early 1980s it became obvious that the Melting Pot had somehow failed. Black culture, the test case, now appeared impossible to absorb. The "consensus" was in danger. The Right, with its schizophrenic attitudes toward race and culture, had faltered. A new "liberal" consensus was proposed. It was called multiculturalism.

Let there be no mistake: multiculturalism is a strategy designed to save "America" as an idea, and as a system of social control. Each of the many cultures that make up the nation are now to be allowed a little measure of self-identity and a few simulacra of autonomy. School textbooks now reflect this strategy, with 1950s illustrations of happy historical whites retouched to include a few blacks, Asians and even Natives. A dozen or so departments of multiculturalism spring up at university level. Each minority must now be treated with "dignity" in the curriculum. Conservatives raise a stink: the Canonical Shibboleths of Western Civilization are in danger! Our children will be forced to study ... black history! This babble on the Right lends multiculturalism an aura of "radical" righteousness and political correctitude, and the Left leaps forward to defend the new paradigm. In the middle according to theory - balance will be restored, and the consensus will function again. The trouble is that the theory itself emanates neither from the Right nor Left nor Center. It emanates from the top. It's a theory of control...

http://hermetic.com/...w-multicul.html