[Suggestion] Time limit?

Will we have an option to turn on a time limit like in the first fallout*?

I mean sometimes i get bored of the fact that the entire world revolves around me the PC, i mean its awfully nice of that evil general to not attack the pathetically underprotected town until i finish all the sidequest there that inable me to turn it into a ramshackle fort with a fighting chance, but sometimes i dont want be enemys to be gentlemen, sometimes i just want them to inhuman ass holes like Luca Blight.

I mean in the above example i might only have enough time to get one or two of the following:

1-hire that mercenary band in the roadside tavern to the west of the town before they leave.

2-go to the lumber mill to the east to get some wood to build some fortification (blocking additional routes to funel the enemys and fortifing that bell tower so that those hunters can have something to hide behind).

3-convince the blacksmth to stick aroung to make better gear for the militia.

Wouldnt it be cool if you find out that the smugglers cave you cleared out 3 hours ago can be used as a shortcut to the inn, and thus ends up saving enough time to do another town fortificaton side quest?

Again i would like to see this as an option that we can choose to enable when we want to be challenged and be put under pressure, and that can be disabled by people who just want to take there time and explore the world.

* Yes i am aware that fallout did not give you an option for the time limit on the water chip, sorry if you misunderstood that but english is not my first tounge, though i have been told by an english gentleman that im better at it than some americans :p

P.S: is there a search option?

Edited by Death Saved

I love the idea of time affecting the game world, and I agree that time needs to have an effect on certain aspects of the game. However, I'd prefer it was implemented on a per-quest basis, rather than being done as a global timer.

That being said, the above example sounds very intriguing and I think it'd also be okay to have sections where you have multiple quests and only having a limited amount of time to do any/all of them.