I have a question i am wondering if the paypal contributions will be added into the general amount of money needed fot stretch goals? I know that paypal donations are not added into amount on kickstarter and i've read somwhere that if there will be not enought monet on kickstarter even if there will be enough on paypal donations the game won't be founded. So will the same story happen to stretch goals? Or will you add on your page total amount of money(paypal + kickstarter)? That question makes me think whether use paypal or should i create account on kickstarter :D

Cheers

It usually works like this: Kickstarter won't charge your card until project is succesfully funded and time for the project is up. So, Kickstarter will take your money for Project Eternity on 16th October and no sooner. PayPal, on the other hand, charges card immediately after making a donation, so it would be very hard and time consuming to work refunds IF Kickstarter project would end with not enough money. Because of that, companies usually wait to have succesfully funded project on Kickstarter and then can setup PayPal account, so they are sure the project will be funded and won't have to deal with PayPal refunds.

Also, I don't see a point in having separate funds from Kickstarter and PayPal, given both are for the same goal, which is funding the project, so money from Kickstarter and donated through PayPal are added into one, common pool. That way, funds from Kickstarter and PayPal make one, general amount of funds project will receive.

BUT, Kickstarter as a service doesn't take into account money gathered with PayPal, it's up to devs to do the math ;)

Have they already started taking paypal donations? In one of the updates they said they'd look at it and I never really looked to check afterwards. Also we won't really have any means of seeing or knowing how much paypal rises towards Infinity so it'll be up to obsidian if they want to declare those donations towards achieving stretch marks that may be left pending when the kickstarter stops....I hope they do, I want to see this game get as big as it possibly can.

1zq6793.jpg

By now Obsidian is already fully funded through Kickstarter. I am still hoping Obsidian will be able to implement PayPal pledging ASAP. I am looking forward to pledging using PayPal, to not only support a great company making a great game, and to be honest I want the rewards. However no one needs to be worry that Obsidian will not have enough funds to do this right. The company has estimated the amount of money they need to make the game, which they will receive once the Kickstarter campaign ends. Having more funds above the funding goal allows them to do more refinement, bring in higher qualities. Project Eternity is set to only be better than the original expectations!

To be honest, PayPal numbers compared to Kickstarter pledges usually are not that high (euphemism ;)). Brian Fargo got 2.9 millions from Kickstarter and about 100k through PayPal, Revolution Softawre, who recently got funded their new Broken Sword game received around 770k $ on Kickstarter and around 40k through PayPal. I'm not saying Obsidian shouldn't add PayPal pledge option, but compared to amount of Kickstarter pledges it's not something that should keep them awake in night. Of course, "to not have 100k and have 100k makes it 200k", like Esterad Thyssen, king of Kovir (Witcher lore ;)) used to say, but judging by other projects, they can count on getting through PayPal around 1-2% of Kickstarter pledges.

i dont understand why they not added kickstarter yet. Many people around the world want to back this great project but without a credit card we cant give Obsidian our donation. They said they add paypal in a "few days". Its allready a week and an day later!

Hurry up Obsidian. Dont exclude your fans from europe ;)

kind regards,

Jira