What do you want to see as new stretch goals?

What do you want to see as new stretch goals?  

473 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see as new stretch goals? (your first priority)

• Larger world and more content (locations, factions, NPCs, quests, items)
    • More companions (more variety in race and class combination, different personalities)
    • More races and classes (includes subraces and prestige classes)
    • More replayability (more choices and consequences)
    • More text (dialogs; written lore in the form of books, texts and item descriptions like in BG)
    • Expanded voice acting (but still partial)
    • More and better artwork (more portraits for PCs and diversity for NPCs, also artwork for items)
    • More and better graphics and particle effects
    • More and better music and sound effects
    • Modding toolkit
  2. 2. What do you want to see as new stretch goals? (your wishes)

• Larger world and more content (locations, factions, NPCs, quests, items)
    • More companions (more variety in race and class combination, different personalities)
    • More races and classes (includes subraces and prestige classes)
    • More replayability (more choices and consequences)
    • More text (dialogs; written lore in the form of books, texts and item descriptions like in BG)
    • Expanded voice acting (but still partial)
    • More and better artwork (more portraits for PCs and diversity for NPCs, also artwork for items)
    • More and better graphics and particle effects
    • More and better music and sound effects
    • Modding toolkit

I'm one of the only people who wanted more voice parts, eh? I personally really enjoy well acted RPGs, and its one of the main things you can't easily mod in later. The community can always add more quests, more texts, more content of all manner assuming they give us a toolkit. Ah well, I clearly lost this vote.

In the event Obsidian adds a mod tools stretch goal, I wonder if adding a new tier around $50 - 60 that grants access to a mod tools beta would help to generate additional pledges. I would certainly be inclined to increase the amount of my $20 pledge.

Obviously any mod tools beta would take place some time after the game has already been released, not to be confused with any closed beta of the game itself, which is part of the reward for the $140 tier and above.

More types of monster, both in general for tactical variety and for specific neat things I'd like to see (e.g. I like centaur-type creatures but they're often left out because they're harder to animate than humanoids).

Edited by Starglider

I'm really curious if the devs have looked into this thread and if the new goals will match anywhere near with the results we have here.

The funding has increased by 0.5 million over 9 days. There are 17 days to go, so they may just make 3 million at the current rate. That leaves room for 3-4 more stretch goals at 0.2 million per goal.

Personally I'd love to see future support for 3D displays, but that probably wouldn't draw much support at this point in time.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I voted for a larger world because I think that is one of the reasons I can still play BG2 after a decade has passed. OTOH, A compelling, suspenseful story tends to kill replay value for me once you have played once or twice. So looking for replay value may be pointless. In that case I'd want more time/effort spent on the text/story. Even without replay value a larger world / longer story is worthwhile though.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

I think music and sound are underestimated in this poll.I personally loved the music from Baldur's Gate 2 and i also loved

every sound of it's menus,inventory clicks etc.Not to mention boo and Minsc.

It may sound trivial to some but i still have them in my head.

Edited by japol

As the next two stretch goals I would really like to see a mod toolkit, and co-op multi-player. I know that there are a lot of people against both of those being included (more so the co-op) but I think that after localisation it's the next most likely thing to attract more backers. Also I would probably give a co-op mode the old college try. I'm personally not into modding, but I understand how it can extend the life of the game overall.

Can't wait for Project Eternity!!!!

I couldn't decide between #1 and #4 for the first part, then picked all of them in the second part for except VA/art/graphics/particles. I figure the base graphical quality is going to be a bit better better than the old IE games anyway, but I still liked those. A mod toolkit is a good idea given the discussion in the other threads about it, but it sounds like a tricky thing to promise at this point before development has even started, according to the U12 video.

I'm probably braving the fire here but I'd like to see coop as a stretch goal.

As the next two stretch goals I would really like to see a mod toolkit, and co-op multi-player. I know that there are a lot of people against both of those being included (more so the co-op) but I think that after localisation it's the next most likely thing to attract more backers. Also I would probably give a co-op mode the old college try. I'm personally not into modding, but I understand how it can extend the life of the game overall.

Obsidian already said they're not doing MP/co-op.

MAC: Obsidian has been hit hard in the past by having games released before they seemed as polished as they needed to be technically. How does having crowd-funding over publisher-funding change the way you'll plan to tackle QA down the line?

TC: The biggest change is that we will decide on each and every feature in the game, and we can avoid the ones that add little to the game's content but a lot to its complexity. For example, we are not supporting consoles or multiplayer, both of which make the game far more complex and hard to debug. Instead, we are focusing on making the best single-player PC RPG we can make, and that focus is simplifying a lot of our choices.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I chose expanded voice acting and more text for a few reasons. One of them being that the expanded areas are already part of several of the stretch goals, it would be nice to get some more in depth role playing elements added to the game. If they truly wish to bring back the old days of role playing games like; Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 1 & 2, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, they are going to need the dialogue to go along with it. Torment had some of 'the' very best character interaction that I've ever come across in any video game, including newer ones such as Dragon Age and Mass effect.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I voted for a larger world because I think that is one of the reasons I can still play BG2 after a decade has passed. OTOH, A compelling, suspenseful story tends to kill replay value for me once you have played once or twice. So looking for replay value may be pointless. In that case I'd want more time/effort spent on the text/story. Even without replay value a larger world / longer story is worthwhile though.

My understanding is that there will be lots of side quests and different ways to solve them, besides, since we have more than 5 companions, it will be possible to play the game with different parties.

So I think there will be lots of replay value. And if Obsidian takes into account these results (with replay/C&C at a clear second place), they'll make the effort for it.

I think music and sound are underestimated in this poll.I personally loved the music from Baldur's Gate 2 and i also loved

every sound of it's menus,inventory clicks etc.Not to mention boo and Minsc.

It may sound trivial to some but i still have them in my head.

Both music and artwork (portraits, items, slides) tend to be undervalued, and are only be given the deserved attention when they're missing.

HORSES!

Coursers, destriers, palfreys, quarterhorses, ponies; the whole works. I'd love to see the party be able to mount up and go riding across the map, charging down enemies with lances, or escaping at a gallop. Plus the foes will have horses, of course, and the party would need to deal with that. I'd be a significant step up from the BG/IWD game where you could only move around on foot. Having horses fully integrated into the game would be a big step closer to the tabletop experience and add a lot to the movement capabilities of the party.

Wagons too, I think.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."