What do you want to see as new stretch goals?

What do you want to see as new stretch goals?  

473 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see as new stretch goals? (your first priority)

• Larger world and more content (locations, factions, NPCs, quests, items)
    • More companions (more variety in race and class combination, different personalities)
    • More races and classes (includes subraces and prestige classes)
    • More replayability (more choices and consequences)
    • More text (dialogs; written lore in the form of books, texts and item descriptions like in BG)
    • Expanded voice acting (but still partial)
    • More and better artwork (more portraits for PCs and diversity for NPCs, also artwork for items)
    • More and better graphics and particle effects
    • More and better music and sound effects
    • Modding toolkit
  2. 2. What do you want to see as new stretch goals? (your wishes)

• More companions (more variety in race and class combination, different personalities)
    • More races and classes (includes subraces and prestige classes)
    • More text (dialogs; written lore in the form of books, texts and item descriptions like in BG)
    • Expanded voice acting (but still partial)
    • More and better artwork (more portraits for PCs and diversity for NPCs, also artwork for items)
    • More and better graphics and particle effects
    • More and better music and sound effects
    • Modding toolkit

Yeah, there are several threads already about stretch goals, but there isn't a poll yet.

So we need another useless poll ;)

When voting, please assume that we have reached the 2.2 goal. Which means we already have:

5 races

7 classes

8 companions

a larger story and world (region and faction)... whatever this means.

As you can see the same question is asked twice, with the difference that the first question considers what you see as having the highest priority; while the second allows you to vote on anything you want.

The reason for it was because I suspect the priorities would get too diluted as many people would vote on many things. Let's see if it was worth asking twice or not.

(poll somewhat inspired by this one: http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=336)

Edited by hideo kuze

More reactivity. If I do a series of quests aiding the city watch, I want there to be less crime and such at night and more people walking the street. Or of I aid the criminal element I'd like to see more corrupt guards and muggings in broad daylight and such.

Or if I clear out some bandit fortress I'd like to see scavengers looting the remains, or settlers moving in or something.

Just more ways to show that what we do matters.

• Like 8
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

First goal should definitely be a toolkit. Modding is awesome and enables the players to make the game their own, which is incredibly important to an active fanbase. Plus, with a good toolkit, we can add in pretty much all of the other things listed if we want to.

As for the other options, all are pretty important save for graphics, but top of the list should be choices and consequences, a larger gameworld, and more companions, with text following close behind.

I haven't earned an entertaining and meaningful signature yet. But I will. Oh yes, I will indeed.

I put my priority as reactivity. It is hard for an RPG to have too many choices and consequences.

My secondary choices were larger world, more text and modding toolkit.

These 4 things would add the most value, in my opinion. The other stuff is great too, but those are the key components for an RPG to shine.

Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

Replayability, by a large margin. I created a whole topic about this -

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60222-missing-stuff-is-great-replayability-and-choice-driven-content/page__view__findpost__p__1191142

For wishes, I chose:

Larger world and more content, more companions, more races and classes, more replayability, and more and better artwork, though not necessarily in that order. And I think all of those combine to make more replayability, personally.

• Modding toolkit

All of the above from the first row massively interest me so much it was really hard to choose. :(

• Like 1

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

Interesting poll, I would have thought options 1 / 1 would win by a country mile.

2.2 mil actually already include a new region, a new faction, and a new companion. So location and faction is already covered.

Me I voted modding tool. Let the fans help expand the game beyond what Obsidian can do with its given resources and time.

• Like 1

Yeah, there are several threads already about stretch goals, but there isn't a poll yet.

So we need another useless poll ;)

When voting, please assume that we have reached the 2.2 goal. Which means we already have:

5 races

7 classes

8 companions

a larger story and world (region and faction)... whatever this means.

As you can see the same question is asked twice, with the difference that the first question considers what you see as having the highest priority; while the second allows you to vote on anything you want.

The reason for it was because I suspect the priorities would get too diluted as many people would vote on many things. Let's see if it was worth asking twice or not.

(poll somewhat inspired by this one: http://wasteland.inx...c.php?f=7&t=336)

You forgot Co-Op multiplayer :)

Developer Bobby Null mentioned the possibility of an Adventuring Guild where players can create more characters for a cost (remind me of Final Fantasy Tactics). I am all for that as a stretch goal. I want to be able to create the entire party on certain play throughs.

Also, to the poster above, co-op multiplayer seems to me to be silly for this kind of game. The only reason most people used multiplayer in BG2 was to create additional PCs to play the campaign with. They would make a MP game, create the entire party, save and then move the save file from the MP folder to the SP folder.

Edited by Shevek

Modding kits allows for a game to contain its fanbase for far longer times than other games. Think of it as a investment in future releases. Also, more replayability (which also means classes and races though).

• Like 2

• Modding toolkit

All of the above from the first row massively interest me so much it was really hard to choose. :(

Exact same choice.

But I put replayability above by a large margin, however.

Why are there 5 races, 7 classes, 8 companions? The stretch golas added two of each, right? Where there only 3 races, 5 classes and 6 companions? I understood that initially they began with 5 of each. Am I wrong?

2.2 million stretch goal will add thrid additional companion to orginal five.

i dont personally care what stretch goals they add at this point unless its to bring some big name into the team (like justin sweet, or jermy soule)

the goals are just there to entice more people to pledge more, but i assume all the extra money they get will go into making the world bigger and more fleshed out without them specifically stating that, and that's what matters to me most