i don't know about new cRPGs (except FNV but it only had text for items) but i would like to see items with 2D artwork in my inventory. good examples with artwork that i find "beautiful" is PST and Diablo 2 (not a cRPG :p). holding a 3D object in character's hand is something but seeing an artwork of it in the inventory is totally different (better). i actually care a quite a bit about item artwork, maybe it is the remnant of playing countless hours of D2. say, you find this unique item and you're already excited..and you identify it and see the gorgeous artwork! it's a virtual object but feels like you actually possess something of great value :) maybe obsidian can rehash old ones from PST to save bucks and time. what do you think?

haemosusadament.gifdangoonsteaching.giftaebaeksglory.gifondalsalmighty.gif

Edited by molarBear

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

Rehashes is a terrible, terrible idea and I just cannot see how that would work. Especially if you want to keep a coherent sense of style across the entire game (which you do, oh god how you want to do that).

But I do agree with the general sentiment. I would definitely prefer proper icons & artwork in my inventory, not just some 3D model. I'd give you a "Like This", but apparently there's a limited quota every day, and I've reached mine. D:

t50aJUd.jpg

Rehashes is a terrible, terrible idea and I just cannot see how that would work. Especially if you want to keep a coherent sense of style across the entire game (which you do, oh god how you want to do that).

But I do agree with the general sentiment. I would definitely prefer proper icons & artwork in my inventory, not just some 3D model. I'd give you a "Like This", but apparently there's a limited quota every day, and I've reached mine. D:

well i just couldnt think smth else but the rehashing to cut down costs but you got the main idea :) "what 3D object looks on your hand looks 100% the same in inventory" is also fine but damn, i like the 2d artworks.

—the dustman's response

i know that artworks can be expensive but it all depends on how obsidian has their "art team" involved. i mean, usually towards the end the (alpha version) art team doesn't have much to do. if they are still on payroll make 'em work :p

—the dustman's response