Please! Less classes, races, factions, companions, regions, and other features!

I only plan on playing through the game once as one race and class combination, so I want you, Obsidian, to focus all your time and money on making that race/class combination the best gaming experience you possibly can. Please remove all other classes and races, since I don't plan to use them.

I don't care which you include. Maybe you should have a poll and only include the most popular race and class.

Also, I don't like doing sidequests, so none of those, please, and no extra regions. I find a world-map that's too large to be confusing. Please make the main quest the best you absolutely can. Maybe you can release sidequests for those who want them as DLC later.

There should be exactly 5 characters that will (not may) join your party. I want every moment of gameplay specifically crafted for my exact party, with each character chiming in with the perfect dialog at exactly the right time. Obviously, once you start multiplying party makeups, there's no way you can make so many different cohesive narratives on such a small budget.

Please, please, please no multiplayer. I'll never use it. I would prefer that you focus on making the game the best that it can be when experienced by exactly one person. You basically have to make the whole game over again for each additional player you allow.

I don't know what other features you're planning to add, but I would really prefer that you focus on crafting the best versions of the features I am going to use and leave the others out.

Oh, I almost forgot. I am a male that is almost overflowing with testosterone and manliness. If I am not looking at a humanoid female's sexy body I have to immediately leave the computer and go do adult-things with my girlfriend. I will not be able to spend the 15 hours I expect the main quest to take looking at a tiny digital man-butt. For this reason I expect to play as a female. Please remove all other sexes.

Her name will be Alwethia. Now you won't have to waste your tiny budget programming a field to enter the PC's name.

Thanks.

EDIT: I plan to have my character look like the babe in my avatar picture. I don't know what she's from, but if it's not a copyright issue, please use that image for the PC. Otherwise, something as close as possible.

Edited by Alweth
  • Like 32

I've apparently exceeded my "quota of positive votes" for the day (a community that puts an upper limit on liking things, eh? Intriguing...), so consider this a giant "Like This" button-press from me. It's a little too on-the-nose, but it works. A+ satirical hilarity; would twitch and snicker uncomfortably again.

Edited by LadySpace

I haven't earned an entertaining and meaningful signature yet. But I will. Oh yes, I will indeed.

I know it's a troll and all, but I would actually be glad for no multiplayer. Such a huge resource hog. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines took a heavy blow in development because of the time wasted on figuring out multiplayer code and stuff. I would rather see it developed as an afterthought, a DLC or something.

• Like 8

You know, my problem is not with the opinion of "I personally never use feature X, so I really wouldn't get much out of it being in the game." This is a 100% valid opinion. Where it gets annoying is more where people who don't care for feature X go to great lengths to try to justify how that particular tiny piece of the game will completely ruin the game for everyone by sapping resources, while at the same time championing other features that equally take resources. The same argument could literally be made for any feature that exists. If it's a feature you wouldn't like, just be honest and say you wouldn't like it.

• Like 6

Herald of the Obsidian Order

LOL @ the Op. That was great!

EDIT: I plan to have my character look like the babe in my avatar picture. I don't know what she's from, but if it's not a copyright issue, please use that image for the PC. Otherwise, something as close as possible.

That's Viconia!

Which brings up a semi-serious point. Dark elves. I'd be interested to see what, if anything, Obsidian's gonna do with regards to Elves, and their lore.

You know, my problem is not with the opinion of "I personally never use feature X, so I really wouldn't get much out of it being in the game." This is a 100% valid opinion. Where it gets annoying is more where people who don't care for feature X go to great lengths to try to justify how that particular tiny piece of the game will completely ruin the game for everyone by sapping resources, while at the same time championing other features that equally take resources. The same argument could literally be made for any feature that exists. If it's a feature you wouldn't like, just be honest and say you wouldn't like it.

Well said. Nevertheless, there's a difference between not wanting a feature because you wouldn't use it, and not liking a feature because it would actually affect your gameplay experience negatively. A lot of the people saying they don't want multiplayer (as a stretch goal, no less) don't seem to be able to tell the difference.

Edited by Alweth

To add to the OP, I want my starting inventory to include the +7 Vorpal Deathsword of Hades. Because I'm gonna CLUA Console the sucker in anyway, might as well save me the hassle.

Thanks Obsidian, you are the bestest!

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Oh god... not dark elves... perhaps make them thin, short, sickly, gollum-like, emo prats. I do so hate elves in general. I would rather have well crafted orcs. Not the stereotypical kind... be respectful.

Multiplayer is not something I care for and don't want them to spend time and money implementing it, but if that is what it takes to get sales... oh well. Alweth, I have played too many games where multiplayer HAS effected the singleplayer experience, but those usually allow only 1 playable character and no party.

Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

Alweth, I have played too many games where multiplayer HAS effected the singleplayer experience, but those usually allow only 1 playable character and no party.

Too many? Too many for what? Too many for anything else to be possible? Too many to bother playing Baldur's Gate and see how coop affected the singleplayer experience there?

EDIT: At least you're willing to admit that your basing your intuition on a situation that's generally not analogous to the situation at hand.

Edited by Alweth

Alweth, I have played too many games where multiplayer HAS effected the singleplayer experience, but those usually allow only 1 playable character and no party.

Too many? Too many for what? Too many for anything else to be possible? Too many to bother playing Baldur's Gate and see how coop affected the singleplayer experience there?

EDIT: At least you're willing to admit that your basing your intuition on a situation that's generally not analogous to the situation at hand.

I don't think Baldur's Gate had the single player adversely affected by the multiplayer. That's absolutely a fair point.

However, the counter point is I think the single player adversely affected the multiplayer. The multiplayer wasn't very well done. It was just acceptable. And doing that kind of half-measure seems a bit wasteful considering the effort required.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't think Baldur's Gate had the single player adversely affected by the multiplayer. That's absolutely a fair point.

And perhaps more importantly, the claim that adding coop will likely undermine the singleplayer experience is not a fair point since that doesn't happen in any of the most relevant comparisons.

However, the counter point is I think the single player adversely affected the multiplayer. The multiplayer wasn't very well done. It was just acceptable. And doing that kind of half-measure seems a bit wasteful considering the effort required.

Acceptable functionality for an excellent game still works out to an excellent coop experience. At least, there were many of us that thought so. And given that Unity has good networking support, and the fact that implementing IE-style "half-measure" coop would require a lot less work than a whole other game mode, it doesn't seem that clear to me that the effort required would be an issue.