Is this Arcanum 2 ?

Not really, because we haven't heard about any significant contribution of technology beyond wheellocks. Certainly not trains and automatons.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

some of the people who made arcanum are, after all, in the eternity team

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Not really, because we haven't heard about any significant contribution of technology beyond wheellocks. Certainly not trains and automatons.

People aren't just saying this because of the wheellocks.

Care to share? Aside from the existence of guns, it seems to have as much in common so far with Arcanum as it does an Icewind Dale/Planescape cross.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Steampunk is pretty much dead.

Let's see, shall we?

- Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura,

- Torchlight,

- Torchlight II,

- Syberia,

- Syberia II,

- Machinarium,

- BioShock Infinite,

That's about it when it comes to what could be considered pure Steampunk.

Steampunk is pretty much dead.

Let's see, shall we?

- Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura,

- Torchlight,

- Torchlight II,

- Syberia,

- Syberia II,

- Machinarium,

- BioShock Infinite,

That's about it when it comes to what could be considered pure Steampunk.

How about Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends or Rimelands: Hammer of Thor

Arcanum was the first game I played and nothing has ever surpassed it. If there was ever an Arcanum 2 kickstarter or a remake or an enhanced edition I would surely soil myself in pure shock and ecstasy.

Arcanum 2 would rock. though the game i am holding my fingers for is if dungeon keeper 3 comes to kickstart

Arcanum sounds like yet another game I need to add to my never-ending "list of games I must try".

Dude, seriously, you got no idea. Like, drop anything else that is non-vital and play it. You can get it on GOG for, like, the price of a kebab or something. Seriously.

• Like 3

Who has the rights to Arcanum? If Arcanum 2 showed up on Kickstarter I'd be all over that.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Who has the rights to Arcanum? If Arcanum 2 showed up on Kickstarter I'd be all over that.

Blizzard/Acti. Oh, I hear Boyarsky was working there on a new unannounced game :dancing:

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"