1. 1. Where are you from?

• North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Antarctica (you never know)

^ Unless you are an old fart like me you won't remember US organisations like the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism, quasi-LARPing combat societies), out of which came RPGs like RuneQuest.

I've heard of it, they use actual weaponry to fight don't they?  They sound like a mix between larping and reenactment from what I have heard.  It's hearing conflicting things like that which makes it confusing to work out just what the larp scene is like in the US.

More re-enactment, TBH. But LARPing in the US morphed out of societies like SCA (which never formally became LARPs). The likes of Neal Stephenson and Greg Stafford represent a school of American writer / designer heavily influenced by historic veracity.

RuneQuests combat system was virtually designed by SCA members IIRC. The speed and brutality of the system, plus body hit-location rules and weapon breakage, came out of that. Totally off-topic, dreadfully sorry.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

10 Africans?   :blink:  It's a desert out there...

This is a surprise to you?

I was initially surprised that the majority was European, but then I remembered all my firsthand experiences with Americans, as an American.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

10 Africans?   :blink:  It's a desert out there...

This is a surprise to you?

I was initially surprised that the majority was European, but then I remembered all my firsthand experiences with Americans, as an American.

It surprised me, Agx I want to share something with you that I'm sure you'll dispute. In Africa we have running water, electricity and some people even have PC and access to the Internet  !!! :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Pun intended?

That would be in poor taste... but it's OK because I'm irish. 

I mean African... I'm African.... erm.... 

It's surprising because I know a large number of ZA gamers who play primarily RPG product... Hoping the low count is just a reflection of the number of folks willing to vote as opposed to the number of backers... 

Are you gonna throw rocks at me? What about now?

What about now?

It surprised me, Agx I want to share something with you that I'm sure you'll dispute. In Africa we have running water, electricity and some people even have PC and access to the Internet  !!! :p

What?! That's way less cool than my assumption that you were using juju magic to somehow establish a connection to this forum AND type and view posts, without so much as a keyboard. Darn... :)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

People's Republic of Wisconsin

Wisconsin mature cheddar rocks. Do you know you have the oldest cheddar in the world, its 30 years old. Imagine what it tastes like :dancing:

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

People's Republic of Wisconsin

From whence the Blessed E. Gary Gygax manifested himself upon the Earth, and lo, did the angels sweetly sing? Their lilting voices rippled the waters majestic, across Lake Geneva and (verily) It Was Good.

Amen.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

Oh man, I used to dream of meeting mecca in Lake Geneva for GenCon, those ads in Dragon magazine called my d20 soul like mad. But mid-teen nerds don't get to go to mecca, dammit.  

Oddly enough, I dream even more of living in San Diego...  The fact that I'm frozen to the pavement, currently, has a way of turning dream into obsession.

Edited by Chaos Theory

Oh man, I used to dream of meeting mecca in Lake Geneva for GenCon, those ads in Dragon magazine called my d20 soul like mad. But mid-teen nerds don't get to go to mecca, dammit.  

Oddly enough, I dream even more of living in San Diego...  The fact that I'm frozen to the pavement, currently, has a way of turning dream into obsession.

I feel your pain, as I grew up in UT, 5000' up in the mountains where single digit temps happen at least once per year. And then six months later it's 100F. I have way more snow miles under my belt, than miles under palm trees. Today's monster rain storm dumped so much water at once, that I started hydroplaning at speed on the freeway, which feels exactly like icy roads. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Woah! I didn't expect so many people to be from Europe, I'm from the United Kingdom, England specifically. And I can't wait until this gem is finished so I can play! Due to me being more careful with my money this year, I may not be buying any new upcoming games this year; so this might be the only new game I play. I know I'll definitely get more than enough hours from it though to make up for my lack of gaming this year! :)

• Like 1