1. 1. Where are you from?

• North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Antarctica (you never know)

According to Steam records I saw recently, Europe outclasses America there too, so I doubt the "market size" is that different, or even hoveling to the US.

And yes, I pretty much said the same about Europeans and RPG's last page ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Never would have imagined there is such a big European following. 

Why is it so surprising?

Well when you examine for example the number of XBox 360 sold in NA and EU, you find somthing like 70% more in NA, in general 2 of the 3 consoles are vastly more popular in NA.

When you look at the number of server some "traditionnal" MMOs have, there is not an european "supremacy" either (for example wow has pretty much as much US servers than EU ones).

But apparently when it concerned active forum member for Pillars of Eternity, there is about 55% more european than people from the rest of the world. It's not obvious so I can understand it being surprising ^^

A huge number of our backers are European and traditionally RPGs receive a lot of European attention.

I suppose Mr Sawyer is right and that is the main factor,

Anyway to answer the original question, I'm from France myself, Paris.

Edited by Any_ILL

Well when you examine for example the number of XBox 360 sold in NA and EU, you find somthing like 70% more in NA, in general 2 of the 3 consoles are vastly more popular in NA.

Most Europeans are also more PC-centric than console, which can explain that.

And also thus interest in PC projects like PoE...

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

In regards to how many Europeans are here: I suspect the largest contributors are from Germany and certain other countries for Europe.  Germany is quite renowned for their support for roleplaying games in general, PC games, and point and click games as well.  Their larping is also considered among the best in Europe too, with their fests renowned for being quite hardcore in the larping community. 

This probably at least makes up for the unfortunately 'lacking' of certain other countries such as my own, Britain, which probably has a weaker support of such areas than even the US, being more traditionally console-focused instead and a lot less support of roleplaying in general, though surprisingly we do have a somewhat decent larping scene (seriously, the US is the birthplace of D&D, it does have a strong tabletop tradition or so I am led to believe, and yet it's larping seems so incredibly undeveloped I actually thought depictions of it were taking the piss and was shocked to discover they were not, so not sure what the hell is going on there).

Edited by FlintlockJazz
  • Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

In regards to how many Europeans are here: I suspect the largest contributors are from Germany and certain other countries for Europe.  Germany is quite renowned for their support for roleplaying games in general, PC games, and point and click games as well.  Their larping is also considered among the best in Europe too, with their fests renowned for being quite hardcore in the larping community. 

This probably at least makes up for the unfortunately 'lacking' of certain other countries such as my own, Britain, which probably has a weaker support of such areas than even the US, being more traditionally console-focused instead and a lot less support of roleplaying in general, though surprisingly we do have a somewhat decent larping scene (seriously, the US is the birthplace of D&D, it does have a strong tabletop tradition or so I am led to believe, and yet it's larping seems so incredibly undeveloped I actually thought depictions of it were taking the piss and was shocked to discover they were not, so not sure what the hell is going on there).

I'll come Larp with you but only if you wear your Viconia outfit....... :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'll come Larp with you but only if you wear your Viconia outfit....... :aiee:

The Viconia outfit is only for very special occasions, you'll have to make do with my Dorothy outfit.

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

The Netherlands.

Nice, you guys have some of the most progressive and logical laws around. Keep it up :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

^ Unless you are an old fart like me you won't remember US organisations like the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism, quasi-LARPing combat societies), out of which came RPGs like RuneQuest.

I've heard of it, they use actual weaponry to fight don't they?  They sound like a mix between larping and reenactment from what I have heard.  It's hearing conflicting things like that which makes it confusing to work out just what the larp scene is like in the US.

• Like 1

Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa

Welcome, a fellow South African...yaaaaaaaaaay :)

I hope you are active on these forums, I seem to be the only one who posts regularly.

I use to live in DBN, in Westville

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton