1. 1. Where are you from?

• North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Antarctica (you never know)

England. For those confused as to why some British people refuse to consider themselves European despite obvious similarities (genetics, language, geography, culture, EU, etc) it's because in some respects the UK is distinctly different from the rest of Europe and much more so than most 'other' European countries are from each other. These include but are not limited to a different political system (two party first past the post vs multi-party proportional representation), legal system (common law vs civic law) and immigration system (border controls vs citizen card internal controls). On top of that the UK has historically been more focussed, or at least successful, internationally than in Europe so shares those differences from Europe with many international countries. When European countries create EU legislation they tend to do so without consideration or perhaps recognition of these differences therefore increasing the barrier of entry for Britain. Whereas it may be a logical continuation for continental countries, in many cases it requires a large overhaul in the UK. Combine that with the fact that Britain has historically been more successful than most if not all European countries with good reason to believe its ways are as good if not better than the ones continentals use and you can understand the opposition.

I like and have studied in depth the middle ages; at that time we were only a minor/middling power on the european stage. However from the middle to late 18th century to the early 20th century we did shape the world as we all know it today to a large extent. My mind just focuses around the middle ages :p Also i like talking about things like this, nothing personal :) Well i suppose I've done too much already to derail this thread, sorry.

hmm quoted the wrong text, oh well you know what I'm referring to. :)

Edited by Few

It was a song quote. Josh Sawyer has specifically stated that he knows that PE's fan-base is approximately half European.

Mother****, people.

Sorry then, I didn't recognize the song quote, nor have I read/heard that Josh has said this. No need to get worked up about it, I didn't think my post should have come across as more than a casual comment, not a heartfelt angry rant.

EDIT: I searched for the song with this lyrics, and got: City of New Orleans, written by Steve Goodman. I played the song on my Wimp (Think Spotify), and have never heard it before, then again, I don't really like most country music.

Eh, it was less directed at you and more... well, there's a lot of people complaining about that "Good Morning America" for some reason.

City of New Orleans is a well-know, oft-covered song folk song. Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Arlo Guthrie... some really good versions of it, though I prefer the original Steve Goodman. Guess that's just the one I grew up hearing.

jcod0.png

Saskatchewan, Canada.

And for those curious, Josh Sawyer has said that about half of the money raised came from Europe.

That's pretty weak considering two thirds of forum members are European.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I want a box, dammit. A box I can feel, touch and (occasionally) lick.

Just remember to wrap it in plastic before licking commences. Even if it came in a metal tin. Rust, y'know.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bah I laugh at international shipping and Customs tariffs *bwaahahahhahahahaaa*

I want a box, dammit. A box I can feel, touch and (occasionally) lick.

* bwaahahahahaaaaa *

Later, in therapy for abused games...

- "Show me where the bad Monte touched you on the doll."

- "Ah, but he didn't touch me on the doll!"

PS. Regarding your signature, didn't your mother tell you to ignore chain letters?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Houston, Texas, United States of America

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I live in that place that's only famous for getting hit by Hurricane Katrina. 8P

New Orleans or Mississippi?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Which is in Europe. And Switzerland is NOT Sweden, my American friends.

Aww damn, and all this time I've been putting Swiss cheese on Swedish meatballs. :)

I am from San Diego, CA, U.S., although I worked today in Irvine, CA near the Spectrum ... not too far away from Obsidian, I think. It's awesome to know I live only a few tens of miles from where my favorite upcoming game is being made. Woot!

All Stop. On Screen.